Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    If you want to waste your money on something you hate out of some completionist need that's on you, not the creator of the book. Poor money management isn't an open invitation to harass creators.
    Whoa, I'm just the messenger! I'm just giving the answer to the question that was asked about why fans continue to read titles they hate. Don't kill the messenger.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

I think we need to define what constitutes harassment. Writing nasty email messages or going to a creator's social media account to be nasty to them is harassment and the creator should have the right to be nasty back. Creators should be willing to accept criticism on their social media accounts if they have such accounts, but only if said criticism doesn't cross the line. But writing something on a forum like CBR, even something nasty, shouldn't be considered harassment. Maybe if it's someone like Kurt Busiek who frequents these boards, but the majority will never see anything written about them here. I would tell a Spider-Man fan that attacking Joe Quesada on his social media pages or in person is wrong, but I'd never dream of telling a fan not to complain about Quesada for One More Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Whoa, I'm just the messenger! I'm just giving the answer to the question that was asked about why fans continue to read titles they hate. Don't kill the messenger.
    I didn't mean "you" as in you specifically. I guess I should have used "people" instead of "you." Sorry my intent wasn't more clear.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

What's funny is literally almost everything in 2009 from marvel was proud of how dark it was. Dark avengers, Dark X-men, dang 2007-2012 in particular was bleak.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What's funny is literally almost everything in 2009 from marvel was proud of how dark it was. Dark avengers, Dark X-men, dang 2007-2012 in particular was bleak.
    Was that the period where everyone was posing against a red sky?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Strongly disagree. In the time and in retrospect, I think the 2010s was a strong time for Marvel with plenty of great books and a willingness to go in new directions and branch out. The overabundance of events was exhausting but I think it did enough good things to cancel that out.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman