Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Kot & Rudy Traverse the Marvel Universe with "The Winter Soldier"

CBR spoke with Ales Kot & Marco Rudy about "Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier," which finds the title character operating on an intergalactic scale.

Full article here.

He should have the severed head of the Nick Fury Life model decoy as his side kick. He can call him Nicki and ask it for advice on girls and how to get out of tight situations. Eventually Nicki can have a hover globe with which to move around in, they can solve mysteries in space, but not call it that, trade marks and all. This book could have a long life, maybe even crack twelve issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Nunez View Post
    He should have the severed head of the Nick Fury Life model decoy as his side kick. He can call him Nicki and ask it for advice on girls and how to get out of tight situations. Eventually Nicki can have a hover globe with which to move around in, they can solve mysteries in space, but not call it that, trade marks and all. This book could have a long life, maybe even crack twelve issues.
    Given how stubbornly anti commerical this pitch sounds, I figure that 12 issues is about as much as we are going to get in any event.

Does anybody want Winter Soldier in Space? Yes, I get that its a fresh outside the box kind of idea.

That does not mean it is going to catch on.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 08-29-2014 at 07:28 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Given how stubbornly anti commerical this pitch sounds, I figure that 12 issues is about as much as we are going to get in any event.
    That's what is frustrating to me about comics today. This sounds like an interesting premise that could yield lots of stories. But when typical stories take 6 issues or more to tell, when you have possible interruptions from mega crossover events, and when many Marvel series are canceled or re-launched after 12 issues or so, we'll probably only get several complete stories of this particular Winter Soldier series. I hope I'm wrong as I'm a fan of outer space, cosmic Marvel stories but I'm basically skeptical of any new series launch at this point.

Born dead.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Spectacular Member ThiefHookUps's Avatar

This art looks amazing!

Spectacular Member Sad Superman's Avatar

This looks so, so, so good. Holy cow.

Please don't let Kot touch this character
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Please don't let Kot touch this character
    He already has, at the end of Secret Avengers vol. 2, and he'll write the hell out of this book.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I think they should go for the OGN format for this. It'll allow the full story to be completed without worrying about cancellation.

I'm saying that because I'm REALLY excited about this, and don't want to see the run cut short.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Does anybody want Winter Soldier in Space? Yes, I get that its a fresh outside the box kind of idea.

Given how many dumb ideas catch on, and how many great titles die every year, how can we really care? Latour's run was as good and orthodox as it gets for the character, and it still didn't "succeed."

I dig Bucky, I'll go to bat for Kot every time, and I'll be damned if Rudy isn't one of the best Big Two artists out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    He already has, at the end of Secret Avengers vol. 2, and he'll write the hell out of this book.
    Well he ruined the hell out of that book
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Nunez View Post
    LOL, I think I'd actually consider buying a Bucky book if it had what you described in it.

Never been a big Bucky fan so I can't say that I in particular want to see it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Given how many dumb ideas catch on, and how many great titles die every year, how can we really care? Latour's run was as good and orthodox as it gets for the character, and it still didn't "succeed."

I dig Bucky, I'll go to bat for Kot every time, and I'll be damned if Rudy isn't one of the best Big Two artists out now.
    Latour wasn't a name at the time (he might be now since he is on WatXm), who knows what would have happened if they'd put a Rucka on the book back then.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This looks awesome. Finally a high profile book for Kot.