Astonishing Member

Default Ozymandias invades Bakiverse

How far Adrian Veidt goes there?
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Erm... Veidt is like... upper midcard maybe? Albeit, he's nowhere near physically strong or durable enough to actually hang out in that area. He's not beating Retsu in a straight fight for example. Dude punches giant craters in concrete, can run on water while carrying someone, can punch a massive stone basin of water so hard that the force of his vibrations meeting someone else's causes the basin to explode.

I see him as clocking at like Gaia level? He's quick, quite strong and quite skilled but he lacks in all stats to be anyone of consequence in a straight fight.
    Last edited by Guy1; 01-24-2022 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Post Edit

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Veidt pretty desperately needs to feel like the big man. He sacrificed Bubastis to take a crack at Doctor Manhattan when there was basically no need to (his plan was already complete, Manhattan wasn't there to make him explode, his 'ultimate weapon' was going to go off momentarily no matter what), so he is definitely gonna find an excuse to try and pull some **** on Yujiro in whatever world domination scheme he tries to pull off, and I think that's going to backfire. Overall, the Bakiverse characters should be even easier to manipulate than the costumed heroes of his own world, but Yujiro is just about anarchy incarnate, so he might as well be C3PO playing chess with a wookie.

It's kind of funny that he's still in a world where the strongest man won Vietnam basically by himself.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 01-24-2022 at 07:31 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Veidt pretty desperately needs to feel like the big man. He sacrificed Bubastis to take a crack at Doctor Manhattan when there was basically no need to (his plan was already complete, Manhattan wasn't there to make him explode, his 'ultimate weapon' was going to go off momentarily no matter what), so he is definitely gonna find an excuse to try and pull some **** on Yujiro in whatever world domination scheme he tries to pull off, and I think that's going to backfire. Overall, the Bakiverse characters should be even easier to manipulate than the costumed heroes of his own world, but Yujiro is just about anarchy incarnate, so he might as well be C3PO playing chess with a wookie.

It's kind of funny that he's still in a world where the strongest man won Vietnam basically by himself.
    Yeah, the Baki verse characters are both easy to manipulate but also hard to steer.

You have to get them moving in the right direction, because they all tend to be like "I'm going to do this!" even at the cost of their own lives once in motion, so it's really hard to change tack on the fly.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, the Baki verse characters are both easy to manipulate but also hard to steer.
    Just chiming in to say this is the best phrase I've heard in a while. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate