Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default New Birds of Prey debuting in Batman: Urban Legends

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #14
    Written by VITA AYALA, MARK RUSSELL, CHE GRAYSON, and RYAN CADY
    Art by NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA, KARL MOSTERT, BELÉN ORTEGA, TREVOR SCOTT, CAM SMITH, and GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Cover by KARL MOSTERT
    Variant covers by KIM JACINTO and GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    $7.99 US | 64 pages | Prestige
    ON SALE 4/12/22

Batman and Zatanna are at the mercy of the DCU's newest magic! Ace the Bat-Hound and the Super-Pets versus Gotham's worst villains! A new Birds of Prey led by Lady Shiva and Katana? And a team-up between Batman and the Question!

Extraordinary Member

DC is debuting a new Birds of Prey this April
    But the new Birds of Prey are more than just a duo. DC tells Newsarama Katana and Lady Shiva will be joined by two recently-introduced DC characters: Miracle Molly and Ghost.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That isnt Birds of Prey. DC needs to learn that BoP NEEDS Barbara and/or Dinah. Otherwise its just a new team.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I could get behind Lady Shiva and Katana getting a BoP team...but Miracle Molly is a total dud and I didn't know there was a female Ghost.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That isnt Birds of Prey. DC needs to learn that BoP NEEDS Barbara and/or Dinah. Otherwise its just a new team.
    Agreed. Bring back the Ravens. That's much more appropriate than this hodgepodge of a slapdash team. Really, really frustrated.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I could get behind Lady Shiva and Katana getting a BoP team...but Miracle Molly is a total dud and I didn't know there was a female Ghost.
    I really like Miracle Molly, but she's not a Bird of Prey, and neither are any of the other three. Shiva has the closest claim to it, but she definitely won't work without someone with a solid moral core leading.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    A female Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really like Miracle Molly, but she's not a Bird of Prey, and neither are any of the other three. Shiva has the closest claim to it, but she definitely won't work without someone with a solid moral core leading.
    Katana was with the BoP during the New52.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A female Ghost?

That's certainly my favorite Ghost, but there is a z list DC villain with the same name too.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Lady Shiva and Katana is enough to pique my interest. Will check this out. Just hoping it will not take a quirky direction.

Eeh, no thanks.

Always Rakzo

Adding one of the dullest characters from one of the most derivative runs in years pretty much cursed this series before release.

Eh, I guess I will be morbidly curious enough to try it anyway.

I can see Shiva and Katana on a BoP roster, but just them, Miracle Molly, and Ghost? Eh...

I was hoping Molly would stay in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can see Shiva and Katana on a BoP roster, but just them, Miracle Molly, and Ghost? Eh...

I was hoping Molly would stay in prison.
    I was hoping for death for her myself, and then consigned to the dustbin of history forever to be forgotten.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I was almost excited about it but, since DC is putting it in Urban Legends, it will "sell" so DC can claim it was popular. This is not even close to the Birds of Prey. Katana should not be the moral center of a group, she should be the questionable one.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I was almost excited about it but, since DC is putting it in Urban Legends, it will "sell" so DC can claim it was popular. This is not even close to the Birds of Prey. Katana should not be the moral center of a group, she should be the questionable one.
    Also would have been nice to at least have one bird-named/-themed character in the group.

But maybe that's being nit-picky . . .