Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default New Birds of Prey debuting in Batman: Urban Legends

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #14
    Written by VITA AYALA, MARK RUSSELL, CHE GRAYSON, and RYAN CADY
    Art by NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA, KARL MOSTERT, BELÉN ORTEGA, TREVOR SCOTT, CAM SMITH, and GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Cover by KARL MOSTERT
    Variant covers by KIM JACINTO and GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    $7.99 US | 64 pages | Prestige
    ON SALE 4/12/22

Batman and Zatanna are at the mercy of the DCU's newest magic! Ace the Bat-Hound and the Super-Pets versus Gotham's worst villains! A new Birds of Prey led by Lady Shiva and Katana? And a team-up between Batman and the Question!

Extraordinary Member

DC is debuting a new Birds of Prey this April
    But the new Birds of Prey are more than just a duo. DC tells Newsarama Katana and Lady Shiva will be joined by two recently-introduced DC characters: Miracle Molly and Ghost.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That isnt Birds of Prey. DC needs to learn that BoP NEEDS Barbara and/or Dinah. Otherwise its just a new team.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

I could get behind Lady Shiva and Katana getting a BoP team...but Miracle Molly is a total dud and I didn't know there was a female Ghost.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I could get behind Lady Shiva and Katana getting a BoP team...but Miracle Molly is a total dud and I didn't know there was a female Ghost.
    I really like Miracle Molly, but she's not a Bird of Prey, and neither are any of the other three. Shiva has the closest claim to it, but she definitely won't work without someone with a solid moral core leading.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

A female Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I really like Miracle Molly, but she's not a Bird of Prey, and neither are any of the other three. Shiva has the closest claim to it, but she definitely won't work without someone with a solid moral core leading.
    Katana was with the BoP during the New52.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A female Ghost?

That's certainly my favorite Ghost, but there is a z list DC villain with the same name too.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Katana was with the BoP during the New52.
    While technically true, that run was an abomination - not just to the Birds of Prey name, but to comics in general - dropped plot points, characters so thin they turn sideways and disappear all the time (leading to said dropped plot points) art so inconsistent I laugh at attempts to claim it had a "main" artist...

Yeah. No.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The only appealing thing about this potentially is them picking up on Shiva's burgeoning respect for Katana after Katana confronts her forcefully soon after Shiva had killed her with SoulTaker.

Otherwise I echo others with the criticism that BOP is Babs and Dinah. Not Harley effin Quinn or a collection of randos

Incredible Member

A Birds of prey without Barbara or Dinah is like the JLA without the Trinity. Its the Justice League, but is it really?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That isnt Birds of Prey. DC needs to learn that BoP NEEDS Barbara and/or Dinah. Otherwise its just a new team.
    Agreed. Bring back the Ravens. That's much more appropriate than this hodgepodge of a slapdash team. Really, really frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    ^This^

I got excited for a second but if there's no Babs or Dinah then there goes my interest.

Or at least characters that also share its underline theme. Babs having gone through KJ, Dinah LBH, Helena NML. Rather then just continue to devolve into a DCs generic all female team.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-25-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This is a nice team
    A lot more diverse than your typical BoP lineup
    I wish there was some Harley in there but Miracle Molly is a nice addition she has the look
    Dinah might be stuck with deathstroke for the foreseeable future and we all see how DC is hard about explaining how things work in continuity between multiple books
    Diversity is nice, although I don't think that makes it a good team automatically. Keep Harley as far away from this as possible.

Molly feels more like a BoP villain than a BoP member. She's like the anti-Oracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Or at least characters that also share its underline theme. Babs having gone through KJ, Dinah LBH, Helena NML. Rather then just continue to devolve into a DCs generic all female team.
    I mean, I guess I could see Shiva/Dinah, Katana/Huntress, and Molly/Oracle, but that doesn't make them as good a trio as the actual members.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Wow! I just had a geekasm seeing Vic on the cover.

Birds of Prey led by Lady Shiva, Vic Sage, Blue & Gold, Roy Harper in the Titans, Peacemaker....DC is doing a good job at getting me to re-open my comic box.