Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a nice team
    A lot more diverse than your typical BoP lineup
    I wish there was some Harley in there but Miracle Molly is a nice addition she has the look
    Dinah might be stuck with deathstroke for the foreseeable future and we all see how DC is hard about explaining how things work in continuity between multiple books

Incredible Member

The fact that this story is a one-shot, with zero promotion and not even a single cover of the team amongst the 3 different variant covers (Ace the bat-hound got a cover) kind of makes this one-shot seem completely meaningless and less likely to lead into a story.
    The outsiders were on several UL covers and it didn't lead to a book.

The vibe this entire thing gives is that the editors told themselves "why not? let's keep those characters relevant and group them together for this one-shot". Calling them BOP is just to draw some readers to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Wow! I just had a geekasm seeing Vic on the cover.

Birds of Prey led by Lady Shiva, Vic Sage, Blue & Gold, Roy Harper in the Titans, Peacemaker....DC is doing a good job at getting me to re-open my comic box.
    Bringing back (actual) Vic Sage was the best decision DC has made. Totally will be checking out this issue.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That isnt Birds of Prey. DC needs to learn that BoP NEEDS Barbara and/or Dinah. Otherwise its just a new team.
    ^This^

I got excited for a second but if there's no Babs or Dinah then there goes my interest.

Or at least characters that also share its underline theme. Babs having gone through KJ, Dinah LBH, Helena NML. Rather then just continue to devolve into a DCs generic all female team.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-25-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    This is a nice team
    A lot more diverse than your typical BoP lineup
    I wish there was some Harley in there but Miracle Molly is a nice addition she has the look
    Dinah might be stuck with deathstroke for the foreseeable future and we all see how DC is hard about explaining how things work in continuity between multiple books
    Diversity is nice, although I don't think that makes it a good team automatically. Keep Harley as far away from this as possible.

Molly feels more like a BoP villain than a BoP member. She's like the anti-Oracle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Or at least characters that also share its underline theme. Babs having gone through KJ, Dinah LBH, Helena NML. Rather then just continue to devolve into a DCs generic all female team.
    I mean, I guess I could see Shiva/Dinah, Katana/Huntress, and Molly/Oracle, but that doesn't make them as good a trio as the actual members.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I could get behind Lady Shiva and Katana getting a BoP team...but Miracle Molly is a total dud and I didn't know there was a female Ghost.
    The only appealing thing about this potentially is them picking up on Shiva's burgeoning respect for Katana after Katana confronts her forcefully soon after Shiva had killed her with SoulTaker.

Otherwise I echo others with the criticism that BOP is Babs and Dinah. Not Harley effin Quinn or a collection of randos

Incredible Member

A Birds of prey without Barbara or Dinah is like the JLA without the Trinity. Its the Justice League, but is it really?

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    A Birds of prey without Barbara or Dinah is like the JLA without the Trinity. Its the Justice League, but is it really?
    And Babs and Dinah are literally the heart of the team.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m hoping this is just for this issue, then Babs & Di hear about it, and are like nah. That’s our schtick, and woop some ass.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m hoping this is just for this issue, then Babs & Di hear about it, and are like nah. That’s our schtick, and woop some ass.
    Sadly, we know that it's at least a two issue story, from May's solicits.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    OG!BoP vs NuBoP ?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    OG!BoP vs NuBoP ?
    This could become the catalyst to knock my socks off.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

A pity that we never really got just these four operate as a team.

Starling >>>>>>>>>>> Miracle Molly (and I've not read anything with Ghost but she sounds a snooze and also why when the MCU has already introduced a character by the same name to larger audiences and are rumored to have future plans for her in shows/movies?)

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A pity that we never really got just these four operate as a team.

Starling >>>>>>>>>>> Miracle Molly (and I've not read anything with Ghost but she sounds a snooze and also why when the MCU has already introduced a character by the same name to larger audiences and are rumored to have future plans for her in shows/movies?)
    I always forget Dinah's New 52 costume was a thing.