Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Default Devils Reign #3 Preview

https://www.superherohype.com/comics...vils-reign-3#4

Ben having the best life this issue
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 01-21-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

Won't Peter finger prints still be on him? it could go back to him but I suppose Ben Johnny got him out before they finger printed him.

Astonishing Member

Wait, isn't Johnny by now so hot that his powers are out of control and has to wear a containment suit? Why isn't he wearing it here?

Besides, not to be technical but it's really Peter who saved the 4F in the past, not Ben. Glad to see Peter, however, that for once, is not the one trapped in such mess.

And that jerk cop, selling himself to Kingpin, I would want to smash his head in Hulk's style.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Wait, isn't Johnny by now so hot that his powers are out of control and has to wear a containment suit? Why isn't he wearing it here?
    Probably just one more and yet again editorial mishap, since in the first issue it was even worse with Johnny hanging around the living quarters. His flame is supposed to be so hot people need to keep clear of him even in the suit, let alone out of it.
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Won't Peter finger prints still be on him? it could go back to him but I suppose Ben Johnny got him out before they finger printed him.
    Yeah, but the cop roughing Ben up said the ones who were supposed to be fingerprinting Ben wouldn't go ahead with it because they still had respect for Spider-Man and didn't want to treat him like a common criminal after all these years --- much to said cop's disgust and contempt.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

that hair dye really is a difference maker cause Peter Parker is well known now i mean he is a disgrace but still well known right? Either way that tough cop I would love to just drop him off in a situation where he has to save the day lets see if he can back up his talk
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Yeah, but the cop roughing Ben up said the ones who were supposed to be fingerprinting Ben wouldn't go ahead with it because they still had respect for Spider-Man and didn't want to treat him like a common criminal after all these years --- much to said cop's disgust and contempt.
    That cop is clearly a corrupt cop, why else would he side with Wilson Fisk's orders when pretty much everyone knows he's the Kingpin of Crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    That cop is clearly a corrupt cop, why else would he side with Wilson Fisk's orders when pretty much everyone knows he's the Kingpin of Crime?
    Yeah, this was exactly why Peter didn't want Daredevil in the hands of an NYPD taking orders from the Kingpin just because he was (currently) "Mayor Fisk."

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    that hair dye really is a difference maker cause Peter Parker is well known now i mean he is a disgrace but still well known right? Either way that tough cop I would love to just drop him off in a situation where he has to save the day lets see if he can back up his talk
    Maybe they f***ed up his face too much to recognize his resemblance to Peter Parker. That said, I very much concur with you on that "tough cop." Ben had him nailed perfectly: "Tough guy when the other guy can't hit back."

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I feel like this was definitely supposed to be Peter by the way Ben and Johnny talk to and about Ben. Although if Peter was unmasked, the people in the room would EE-remember Pete unmasking in Civil War and spread it to the public. All though now that I think about it, neither Kingpin or JJJ seemed to re-remember Pete unmasking when they found out for the second time, in Family Business and Zdarsky’s Spectacular run.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyspideyfan View Post
    I feel like this was definitely supposed to be Peter by the way Ben and Johnny talk to and about Ben. Although if Peter was unmasked, the people in the room would EE-remember Pete unmasking in Civil War and spread it to the public. All though now that I think about it, neither Kingpin or JJJ seemed to re-remember Pete unmasking when they found out for the second time, in Family Business and Zdarsky’s Spectacular run.
    Because Peter already broke, or significantly weakened, the spell by revealing himself as "a" Spider-Man back in Spider-Island, where everyone in New York got spider-powers thanks to the machinations of the Jackal and the Queen, and Peter was trying to rally the good citizens of New York to stand up to the spider-powered thugs and crooks running roughshod on the city streets. As a result, while they still wouldn't remember his unmasking in Civil War, the spell was weakened enough that they could relearn who he was later.

Extraordinary Member

The way you can tell they just took Peter's role and changed it to Ben...

MF what's Beyond doing when they're important asset is getting torn into

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The way you can tell they just took Peter's role and changed it to Ben...

MF what's Beyond doing when they're important asset is getting torn into
    yea its weird they didn't just leave it as peter and say this happens before beyond. they're clearly ignoring what's happening with johnny and that's been going on months longer.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

I really liked Zdarsky's Daredevil but it seems like it's going off the rails at the end. Matt in prison was clearly meant to take its time about how he was having his outside perspective challenged, but it seemed like they just decided to take a shortcut by saying "Whoops! Super villain drugs!" to resolve the issue, and the "Multi Bullseye" conclusion was also kind of a dud. Devil's Reign goes harder into political allegory, but it's hard to buy that we're having Civil War 4.0 (Civil War, Civil War 2, Civil War: But Only For Young People with Outlawed, etc) but just in a single city for apparently a long period of time with no governor coming in and saying "This is messed up".

Also how despite it tries to be grounded (so to say) and focusing on these issues, you just have Otto reality hopping and making his own Fantastic Four in really over-the-top self-aware-ish tie-ins. Then you have this stuff with continuity just doing whatever (but Ben Grimm's line make sense, because no one'd know that's not the 'usual' Spidey, so he's both protecting Peter's ID and having Ben's back at the same time).
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Astonishing Member

I like how Ben acts in this, but like most mainstream comics nowadays you can't take it too seriously or it falls apart. Like, in a universe where superhumans have been around for over a decade the police would make no precautions in securing their department and holding cell from super-powered beings? And will the Thing and Johnny become fugitives from the law now for freakin' breaking into a police interrogation room and freeing a detained suspect? The Beyond stuff can be excused or no-prized with what Ben said a few issues ago about hacking into their tracking-ware to go into 'Do Not Disturb' mode or off the grid for a while. But other stuff kinda raises an eyebrow. Still... dialogue is solid and entertaining. Art is good. If you can shut off your brain and realize you're not reading 'Watchmen' here, it's fun enough.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    yea its weird they didn't just leave it as peter and say this happens before beyond. they're clearly ignoring what's happening with johnny and that's been going on months longer.
    Exactly, specially since Marvel makes a lot of continuity errors.Atleast this one would make the story better