Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm okay with that, Heartless is boring as hell.
    What, that’s an Amazing song by The Weeknd!

.....oh the villain! He’s alright, neat gimmick, could do more honestly.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It's not that I mind the Red suit but it feels weird paired against characters in their Rebirth costumes. Kind of feels like DC isn't sure where New 52 continuity still fits in.

Also the scene with Dick and Jon looks cute but I'm kind of worried Taylor is going to default to "Batman is emotionally stunted and doesn't know how to respond to kids so Dick has to be the "human" person here."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    What, that’s an Amazing song by The Weeknd!

.....oh the villain! He’s alright, neat gimmick, could do more honestly.
    That’s pretty much how I feel about him. He’s interesting enough and got a good gimmick, we just haven’t seen enough of him to judge.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    That’s pretty much how I feel about him. He’s interesting enough and got a good gimmick, we just haven’t seen enough of him to judge.
    What we saw was too much in my opinion.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I don't mind Heartless, but don't love him either. I said this before, but i find his little gun kinda lame and would find him more threatening if he took peoples heart with his bare hands. I understand that his gun is comic booky tho. And i like his design.

But i do wish Taylor had introduced more villains alongside Heartless or at least brought back some old ones like he did with Brutale and Electrocutioner for one issue.

I would love to see Raptor, Judge and Mr Minos back in this book. And even an updated Saiko since Taylor is referecing the new 52 era.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Nightwing #89 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    What we saw was too much in my opinion.
    I can get behind people saying he is under developed or under used but how can you really say flat out bad. We have not even really seen much of him other than stealing hearts.

Maybe your overreacting a bit...

In regards to the preview, loved all the characters voices here! Thought it was cool Dick offered to juggle. Really enjoys Taylors voice for Nightwing.

After seeing the promos for Dark Crisis I am really looking forward to this crossover. It seems like Dick and Jons relationship may actually play a pretty big part in the event.

Did asking that question really warrant pulling his mask down?

How many times has Superman had to track down a Robin?

Babs still doing Oracle stuff even when she's called Batgirl .

I guess it's nice the entire JL is searching for Jon, but also feels like a bit much.

I don’t know why but I genuinely laughed at the moment of Nightwing and Superman laughing at Batman for the lollipop and smokebombs next to each other.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I don’t know why but I genuinely laughed at the moment of Nightwing and Superman laughing at Batman for the lollipop and smokebombs next to each other.
    My main takeaway was Batman cares about kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Nightwing #89 Preview
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

This is so sweet. I'm not Taylor's biggest fan, but he writes moments like this beautifully.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's not that I mind the Red suit but it feels weird paired against characters in their Rebirth costumes. Kind of feels like DC isn't sure where New 52 continuity still fits in.
    Yeah, I think the red suit is a deliberate mistake of sorts - it should be the Rebirth suit (skinny blue V), but they wanted more of a contrast with the present-day suit than that gave.

[I mean, you can just about make it work - Batman got that suit before Rebirth; Superman's continuity in this period got blown up by Superman Reborn ("Last Days of Superman" definitely didn't happen, who knows about the whole depowered/outed period) so it's not hard to assume he was wearing the Rebirth suit a bit earlier than IRL (if "Savage Dawn" happened at all, maybe he got the Rebirth suit there rather than briefly going back to the N52 suit), and Dick did briefly appear as Red Nightwing in Titans Hunt. Given a motley selection of hammers, you can force it to fit, but I doubt they were thinking too hard about it.]