Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Nightwing #89 Preview

Nightwing #89 Preview (Unlettered)
    Writer: Tom Taylor
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

Incredible Member

Well that looks great. Love that we finally got a meeting between kid Jon and Nightwing. Also, art looks pretty good.

Did not expect to see Red Nightwing again.
    The art looks awesome as usual.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Love that Dick gave him candy.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Incredible Member

[QUOTE=thwhtGuardian;5906840]Love that Dick gave him candy.[/

Makes me kind of bummed we didn’t get to see Jon grow up organically. It would been great to see the son of Superman make these connections and develop relationships progressively. It’s why the Robins have so many fans.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Love that Dick gave him candy.
    I find it funny that Bruce carries Candy and that Dick knows which pouch on his belt it's in
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

[QUOTE=Iclifton;5906849]
    Love that Dick gave him candy.[/

Makes me kind of bummed we didn’t get to see Jon grow up organically. It would been great to see the son of Superman make these connections and develop relationships progressively. It’s why the Robins have so many fans.
    Yeah, it was a really dumb reason to age Jon.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Realistically though you were never going to see Jon grow up organically though given how time works in comic books. It's an either/or situation - not saying what we have now is necessarily superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Realistically though you were never going to see Jon grow up organically though given how time works in comic books. It's an either/or situation - not saying what we have now is necessarily superior.
    We are seeing Damian grow tho. And it's pretty organically.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Eh, even if they didn't "grow up" organically being perpetually kids the development would have been there(as we've seen with Damian over the years) which is the important part and the grow up really torpedoed that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    We are seeing Damian grow tho. And it's pretty organically.
    Realistically how much has he aged since he debuted in Batman & Son? Like a year? And that's assuming nothing changes in the next crisis/reboot/relaunch. Bat characters typically get some protection from continuity changes when those things happen but it's not guaranteed (see recent confusion over Cass and Steph's age) but I don't think Jon would've been afforded the same protection if Bendis hadn't done what he did. Odds are if he hadn't been aged up we probably wouldn't have seen Jon grow up organically.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, even if they didn't "grow up" organically being perpetually kids the development would have been there(as we've seen with Damian over the years) which is the important part and the grow up really torpedoed that.
    Fair but that's different from what Iclifton was talking about.

Realistically how much has he aged since he debuted in Batman & Son? Like a year? And that's assuming nothing changes in the next crisis/reboot/relaunch. Bat characters typically get some protection from continuity changes when those things happen but it's not guaranteed (see recent confusion over Cass and Steph's age)
    Four years. Damian is 14 now. He was ten when he first came onto the scene. He's already aged a whole year between now and Rebirth.

but I don't think Jon would've been afforded the same protection if Bendis hadn't done what he did. Odds are if he hadn't been aged up we probably wouldn't have seen Jon grow up organically.
    It would have happened a lot slower (which is preferable IMO) but I doubt it wouldn't have happened at all.

Looks cute but I have to wonder is this going to tie into the Heartless plot at all. If not, Heartless might die of old age before Nightwing gets around to stopping him

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    Looks cute but I have to wonder is this going to tie into the Heartless plot at all. If not, Heartless might die of old age before Nightwing gets around to stopping him
    I'm okay with that, Heartless is boring as hell.