Extraordinary Member

Default The Human Target #4 Preview

The Human Target #4 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Greg Smallwood

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Including Naked Blue Beetle! LoL!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

This series has been interesting so far... and at the very least, I'm enjoying seeing the JLI again. Even though one or all of them will be depraved, depressed murderers by the end of this, probably.

I only noticed it here so far, but I just realized that Tom King's characters do seem to talk a lot. Like, all of them. Someone asks one question, and they soliliquize for pages. I can see Booster being chatty, but Ted... not that King's known for writing in character....

Still, art's as beautiful as ever. Still want to see how this ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    This series has been interesting so far... and at the very least, I'm enjoying seeing the JLI again. Even though one or all of them will be depraved, depressed murderers by the end of this, probably.

I only noticed it here so far, but I just realized that Tom King's characters do seem to talk a lot. Like, all of them. Someone asks one question, and they soliliquize for pages. I can see Booster being chatty, but Ted... not that King's known for writing in character....

I also noticed that King's characters talk a lot. Glad too see that I'm not the only one. Still, the story has a good pace and the art is superb. I really like Smallwood's depiction of Ice. He really nailed the character IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I forget, can Ice just pop her costume out of thin air or with her ice powers?

Chance looks away but Ice doesn't. Although maybe she's seen Ted naked before .

Ted's dialogue in the suit up sequence feels relatively on-point for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget, can Ice just pop her costume out of thin air or with her ice powers?

Chance looks away but Ice doesn't. Although maybe she's seen Ted naked before .

Ted's dialogue in the suit up sequence feels relatively on-point for him.

I don't think that Ice can create her costume with her powers like Iceman can. I believe there were a few issues of JLI which showed her physically changing into her costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post

Yeah. That seemed like a bit out of character.

Amazing Member

The scenes with Ice this issue make me want to vomit.