Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Superman & Robin Special #1 Preview

Superman & Robin Special #1
    Writer: Peter J. Tomasi
    Artist: Viktor Bogdanovic

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Very nice, I'll pick this up for sure!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

It's Tomasi writing Damian and Jon, of course I'm reading doesn't matter either of their ages.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Was looking forward to this but seeing kid Jon in the nightwing preview reminded me how much Dc messed things up with the Supersons and Jon.

Killed some of my excitement. I guess I'll still pick it up since it's their last adventure. Since it's tomasi it's bound to be good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Was looking forward to this but seeing kid Jon in the nightwing preview reminded me how much Dc messed things up with the Supersons and Jon.

Killed some of my excitement. I guess I'll still pick it up since it's their last adventure. Since it's tomasi it's bound to be good.
    Who says it’s the last

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Who says it’s the last
    The solicits.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The solicits.
    Like solicits never lied.
    There's no way it's their last adventure. It's completely obvious that Taylor and Williamson will make crossover at some point, probably closer to animated movie release.

Yeah. Even if this is the last "Super Sons" book, I highly doubt this is the last time we see Damian and Jon team up. It'll just probably be the last time Tomasi writes it.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, it's probably farewell from Tomasi, at least for a while, since he's busy with his own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Like solicits never lied.
    There's no way it's their last adventure. It's completely obvious that Taylor and Williamson will make crossover at some point, probably closer to animated movie release.
    solicits sometimes lie and sometimes don't. funny how folks only ever bring up the fact that solicits could be lying when they are trying to argue.

Sure we might get crossovers and cameos.

Then again we might just get more along the lines of Damian in SOKE.
    That's not Ss adventures.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-21-2022 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah. Even if this is the last "Super Sons" book, I highly doubt this is the last time we see Damian and Jon team up. It'll just probably be the last time Tomasi writes it.
    Pretty sure i lamented Dc messing up the Supersons and this being their last adventure. It's not like I thought Damian was moving over to marvel forever. Never to interact with any Jon ever again. smh.

This should be good. Nice to have Tomasi back writing these two.

It's weird seeing Tomasi writing "current" Damian and Jon...and even in the context of the preview Jon seems weird because they're acknowledging how weird the age-up is and even the art of him looks off.

Hope Kelex is okay.

Peter Tomasi did in two pages what I've been begging DC to do for four years: show how the age up has negatively affected Jon's life and have him wear normal clothes and do normal things. It's why I nearly **** myself over one panel of Jon closing his eyes in PKJ's Superman run.

Also, this one shot is explicitly set between Son of Kal-El 1 and 2. Wasn't Damian the one who supposedly gave Jon a new identity to go to college with that he immediately threw away?

Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Peter Tomasi did in two pages what I've been begging DC to do for four years: show how the age up has negatively affected Jon's life and have him wear normal clothes and do normal things. It's why I nearly **** myself over one panel of Jon closing his eyes in PKJ's Superman run.

Also, this one shot is explicitly set between Son of Kal-El 1 and 2. Wasn't Damian the one who supposedly gave Jon a new identity to go to college with that he immediately threw away?
    Yes he was.