Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,557

    Default Superman & Robin Special #1 Preview

    Superman & Robin Special #1
    Writer: Peter J. Tomasi
    Artist: Viktor Bogdanovic


  2. #2
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,560

    Default

    Very nice, I'll pick this up for sure!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    8,537

    Default

    It's Tomasi writing Damian and Jon, of course I'm reading doesn't matter either of their ages.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,441

    Default

    Was looking forward to this but seeing kid Jon in the nightwing preview reminded me how much Dc messed things up with the Supersons and Jon.

    Killed some of my excitement. I guess I'll still pick it up since it's their last adventure. Since it's tomasi it's bound to be good.

  5. #5
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Was looking forward to this but seeing kid Jon in the nightwing preview reminded me how much Dc messed things up with the Supersons and Jon.

    Killed some of my excitement. I guess I'll still pick it up since it's their last adventure. Since it's tomasi it's bound to be good.
    Who says it’s the last

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Who says it’s the last
    The solicits.

  7. #7
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    The solicits.
    Like solicits never lied.
    There's no way it's their last adventure. It's completely obvious that Taylor and Williamson will make crossover at some point, probably closer to animated movie release.

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,805

    Default

    Yeah. Even if this is the last "Super Sons" book, I highly doubt this is the last time we see Damian and Jon team up. It'll just probably be the last time Tomasi writes it.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,109

    Default

    Yeah, it's probably farewell from Tomasi, at least for a while, since he's busy with his own thing.

  10. #10
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Like solicits never lied.
    There's no way it's their last adventure. It's completely obvious that Taylor and Williamson will make crossover at some point, probably closer to animated movie release.
    solicits sometimes lie and sometimes don't. funny how folks only ever bring up the fact that solicits could be lying when they are trying to argue.

    Sure we might get crossovers and cameos.

    Then again we might just get more along the lines of Damian in SOKE.
    That's not Ss adventures.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-21-2022 at 03:30 PM.

  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah. Even if this is the last "Super Sons" book, I highly doubt this is the last time we see Damian and Jon team up. It'll just probably be the last time Tomasi writes it.
    Pretty sure i lamented Dc messing up the Supersons and this being their last adventure. It's not like I thought Damian was moving over to marvel forever. Never to interact with any Jon ever again. smh.

  12. #12
    Astonishing Member Fergus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Manchester UK
    Posts
    3,721

    Default

    This should be good. Nice to have Tomasi back writing these two.

  13. #13
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    84,419

    Default

    It's weird seeing Tomasi writing "current" Damian and Jon...and even in the context of the preview Jon seems weird because they're acknowledging how weird the age-up is and even the art of him looks off.

    Hope Kelex is okay.

  14. #14
    Just Call Me Gar garazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Peter Tomasi did in two pages what I've been begging DC to do for four years: show how the age up has negatively affected Jon's life and have him wear normal clothes and do normal things. It's why I nearly shit myself over one panel of Jon closing his eyes in PKJ's Superman run.

    Also, this one shot is explicitly set between Son of Kal-El 1 and 2. Wasn't Damian the one who supposedly gave Jon a new identity to go to college with that he immediately threw away?

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garazza View Post
    Peter Tomasi did in two pages what I've been begging DC to do for four years: show how the age up has negatively affected Jon's life and have him wear normal clothes and do normal things. It's why I nearly shit myself over one panel of Jon closing his eyes in PKJ's Superman run.

    Also, this one shot is explicitly set between Son of Kal-El 1 and 2. Wasn't Damian the one who supposedly gave Jon a new identity to go to college with that he immediately threw away?
    Yes he was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •