Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's weird seeing Tomasi writing "current" Damian and Jon...and even in the context of the preview Jon seems weird because they're acknowledging how weird the age-up is and even the art of him looks off.

Hope Kelex is okay.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Was it really? Well that explains a lot about his apparent age, but it's not exactly great for my desires to see Tim as the Boy Wonder again and Damian as an Ex-Robin Young Man, haha!

Though I will say, their relationship in that issue sure sounded like the closeness between Damian and Jon. I can't really remember reading a book where JSK really interacts with Tim Drake before.
    Does Supersons of tomorrow count? Where future Tim tries to kill kid Jon which led to the Tt disbanding and Jon seeking refuge with Jor El resulting in his age up. Does that interaction count?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wasn't Son of Kal-El supposed to be Tim but got hastily redrawn last minute?
    I thought so as well but Taylor said it wasn't.

I believe it was more of the now normal Robin mix up. Robin was to appear and Timm drew Robin Tim in the Trade preview instead of Robin Damian.

I can't help but feel this was written to satiate Super Sons fans and give them a proper ending, but will only make said fans want to go back to Kid Jon more.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Not the first issue..That was basically meant to be damian..only the latest issue after jon and tim came out
    Why the change? Damian didn't even feel like Damian in that issue.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Cause damian has a history with jon..real reason supersons is a brand.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Writers writing bad Damian happens rather often so its not surprising that he didn't sound like himself.

Tomasi being jilted over the age up is funny but unsurprising, Gleason apparently felt the same. Likely will just be a bunch of nostalgia bait for those who prefer the Rebirth era to now, and likely just as boring as Tomasi’s other Super Sons follow ups.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Tomasi being jilted over the age up is funny but unsurprising, Gleason apparently felt the same. Likely will just be a bunch of nostalgia bait for those who prefer the Rebirth era to now, and likely just as boring as Tomasi’s other Super Sons follow ups.
    No it could be different.other books felt fillerish because obvious reasons..If this book connect and has a point it.will work fine.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No, but this time they'll reminisce about the "good old days" while eating Big Belly Burger at Bruce Wayne's new, rundown apartment!

This issue had very strong "REMEMBER WHEN I WAS WRITING SUPERMAN??????" vibes.

That being said it was enjoyable issue, much better than Adventures or Challenges were. Tomasi's idea that they'll remain friends regardless of their age because nobody else gets them works in "his" continuity, but loses impact considering that Williamson and Taylor are trying to give them bunch of new friends in their respective titles. That being said I'm ok with Taylor's and Williamson's runs being out of "my" continuity.