Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Sheridan didn’t call them that, a character he wrote did. When the Riddler calls Batman “Bat-brain” or something, is the writer demeaning the character of Batman?

The whole ‘mistreating characters’ thing is the silliest phenomenon in contemporary comics fandom but this really takes it to another level.
    No, it really doesn't. The characters are portrayed as old, irrelevant and incompetent, and both their students and their adversaries see them as ridiculous, aging and dumb. It's about branding - either hurting or elevating a brand. And here, when every single character laughs at the Titans or calls them dumb or irrelevant, it strengthens and cements those ideas, even if they are realistically not true. We already know that's how false news or even basic advertising work. Repeat something enough times and many people would believe it's true.
    You can see how some books prop other books or characters (very common in the bat-line), but this book actively put down its main characters. What chance do the Titans have to be taken seriously when even their students or their opponents think they are worthless and ridiculous?

Well... where is the reveal?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well... where is the reveal?
    Sheridan said on Twitter the mask isn’t coming off until issue 12
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Then why did the cover for this issue say Red X revealed? That should've been on #12's cover.

There was one thing revealed in this issue though. Billy: "Say my name." Other character (I won't name them as it's a spoiler): "Captain M...!" Yes, Shazam officially used to be called Captain Marvel.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sheridan said on Twitter the mask isn’t coming off until issue 12
    Oh, really? One year to reveal that Red X is Brick that no one even cares cause he isn't in the book since issue 4.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

That would make sense. If he's not been seen because he's been wearing the Red X mask all the time...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Then why did the cover for this issue say Red X revealed? That should've been on #12's cover.

There was one thing revealed in this issue though. Billy: "Say my name." Other character (I won't name them as it's a spoiler): "Captain M...!" Yes, Shazam officially used to be called Captain Marvel.
    I found the tweet, Sheridan says that he did not make the cover and that it was DC who suggested part 2 of the story is where the reveal should happen.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iamtimshe...31656589713409
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I saw that Red X was gonna be revealed and picked this up. I feel gyped -_- luckily I was able to return the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh, really? One year to reveal that Red X is Brick that no one even cares cause he isn't in the book since issue 4.
    we see Brick running away with the other students, it's not him.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    we see Brick running away with the other students, it's not him.
    Yeah, you're right. Could be some fake out.
    Red X abilities in this issue seems to be aligned with Brick's.

Astonishing Member

When the writer has Shazam/ Captain Marvel low key break the 4th wall and say Titans Academy wasn't a mistake, its a sign that the book and every aspect of it ARE MISTAKES.

I'm not surprised they didn't reveal Red X 3 here, since its obvious that he/she are a pawn of the former(?)Red X 2. At this point, Red X 3's identity is doomed to be underwhelming. If they're a new character, we never had time to get attached to any of them and frankly, none of them were interesting. If its an established character, there's no way the writing staff could give them a sensible motive for this charade.

Oddly enough Red X 2 seems to have knowledge of the future, whether that's a part of their power set or they're secretly a time traveler remains to be seen.

The real mystery is how this book manages to continue after the upcoming Earth 3 arc.
    Last edited by king81992; 01-25-2022 at 09:36 AM.

It's a weak issue overall. Unless you kept up with the Shazam mini or Future State Titans, this will go ever your head.

I disagree that Titans Academy was a mistake. It's a cool hub to me. I think the Red X and the Apocalypse plots were the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

I think you could look at it as part of the "everybody remembers everything" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    When the writer has Shazam/ Captain Marvel low key break the 4th wall and say Titans Academy wasn't a mistake, its a sign that the book and every aspect of it ARE MISTAKES.

I'm not surprised they didn't reveal Red X 3 here, since its obvious that he/she are a pawn of the former(?)Red X 2. At this point, Red X 3's identity is doomed to be underwhelming. If they're a new character, we never had time to get attached to any of them and frankly, none of them were interesting. If its an established character, there's no way the writing staff could give them a sensible motive for this charade.

Oddly enough Red X 2 seems to have knowledge of the future, whether that's a part of their power set or they're secretly a time traveler remains to be seen.

The real mystery is how this book manages to continue after the upcoming Earth 3 arc.
    This is pretty much where I'm at, at this point. I've been trying to hold on but even now that the Apocalypse/Future State plot is done and the Red X plot seems to be winding down, I still don't see myself continuing with this run. I think this issue is gonna be the last one for me. Might check it out again if I start hearing good things, but right now it's just making me wish even more that United was canon.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think you could look at it as part of the "everybody remembers everything" thing.
    Well done. I hadn't thought of that but well done, on DC for doing it and you recognizing it.

That cover suckered me too. That was bullshit.

You know what i find really funny? Red X threatening the Titans while calling them Mr. Nightwing and Mrs Raven.