Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default FCBD 2022 Spider-Man/Venom

Gonna have stories by the ASM creative team and Venom creative teams. Spidey story is gonna show some Tombstone setup for his big role in ASM.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=149062583

Honestly love the JRJR cover, all the art we've seen of his for the return has been him on point again. The late '90s Venom appearances he drew are pretty slept on IMO, he drew one of the creepiest Venom's in those books and this is a nice take here too.

venom wheres your bulk
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Ouch. That Venom is…not good.

Still stoked to have JRJR on Spidey, though, despite any flaws.

Astonishing Member

JRJR always had drawn Venom too skinny as far back as the 99 reboot. By the way, anyone thought of Spectacular Spider-man cartoon how Tombstone was being build as the big bad crime boss due to Fisk to being available? Thats the impression I got when they are advertising Tombstone in this new run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    venom wheres your bulk
    Good question! This one looks a lot more like Black Suit Spider-Man with Venom's face.

Something comes to mind suddenly. I don't see the interest to make Tombstone into a villain that could match the Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus or even Venom; but I just remember that Tombstone gained the hatred from readers when he hurt Mary Jane after her and Peter's wedding. Maybe that's the direction they are taking him, but worse? I personally would want this to be another hint that maybe the Spider-Marriage is on its way to be restored.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    JRJR always had drawn Venom too skinny as far back as the 99 reboot. By the way, anyone thought of Spectacular Spider-man cartoon how Tombstone was being build as the big bad crime boss due to Fisk to being available? Thats the impression I got when they are advertising Tombstone in this new run.
    Considering that Devil's Reign might not end all that well for Fisk, maybe Tombstone is stepping up to fill the void left by the erstwhile Kingpin of Crime being defeated.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I am the JRJR Venom fan club:

Tombstone is a villain who should have a bigger profile, especially after standout media appearances like Spectacular. He didn't have an impressive role in Into The Spider-Verse, but he was still in an Oscar winning movie lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I am the JRJR Venom fan club:

Tombstone is a villain who should have a bigger profile, especially after standout media appearances like Spectacular. He didn't have an impressive role in Into The Spider-Verse, but he was still in an Oscar winning movie lol.
    I'd like to see him in live action, too. Could get his voice actor from Into the Spider-Verse to play him, since he's already played an albino crime lord in the recent past, specifically Tobias Whale in Black Lightning.

Yeah, Marvin Krondon Jones was kind of wasted in ITSV (and Tombstone in general).

I'm down for more Lonnie though .

Is Eddie Brock Venom again, or is it his son or whatever? (Different hosts should have different body shapes when Venom.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Is Eddie Brock Venom again, or is it his son or whatever? (Different hosts should have different body shapes when Venom.)
    I think his son is the Earth Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think his son is the Earth Venom.
    Man it's kinda weird how this place isn't talking about the current Venom run lol.

But either way, Dylan is more or less Venom, for whatever reason Eddie told him to not bond with the symbiote, so Dylan mostly doesn't use the symbiote unless it's an emergency.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

I used to idolize JRJR but his style just seems lazy to me these days. Any creature or character he designs is uninspired and his Venom is the same.

I’d prefer another artist on the book but as long as the story is good.

I mean just look at this alt cover. THAT’S a non-lazy Venom drawing.

680DD213-A71E-4FBC-AFDE-C91468E6A0B4.jpg
    Last edited by Obsidian Spider; 01-22-2022 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    I used to idolize JRJR but his style just seems lazy to me these days. Any creature or character he designs is uninspired and his Venom is the same.

I’d prefer another artist on the book but as long as the story is good.

I mean just look at this alt cover. THAT’S a non-lazy Venom drawing.

680DD213-A71E-4FBC-AFDE-C91468E6A0B4.jpg
    Jonboy Meyers does great work, from what I've been able to see of it thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Considering that Devil's Reign might not end all that well for Fisk, maybe Tombstone is stepping up to fill the void left by the erstwhile Kingpin of Crime being defeated.
    If Fisk is out of the running for a while due to Devil's Reign, wouldn't it be great to have Tombstone and others like Hammerhead start a new Gang War for who gets to take over as the big bad crime boss now?