Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

what really bothers me about the situation—and the writing—is that none of his friends seem to care at all. They just let him be an ******* as if he could hide his current action from a telepaths like Jean Grey who already knew month ago how awful and cruel Beast has become but she just let it go after whipping his ass? why? I hope Percy steps up his game...I stopped reading X-Force a long time ago but I still care about the character Beast sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I don't know why he has a beard, but otherwise, I'm with you on that one.
    I love the beard! More beards for everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    what really bothers me about the situation—and the writing—is that none of his friends seem to care at all. They just let him be an ******* as if he could hide his current action from a telepaths like Jean Grey who already knew month ago how awful and cruel Beast has become but she just let it go after whipping his ass? why? I hope Percy steps up his game...I stopped reading X-Force a long time ago but I still care about the character Beast sadly...
    That's the problem. This is an idiot plot. This plot only works because all the characters are acting like oblivious, uncaring idiots or acting otherwise then they would normally be.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Yeah, that's true. Nobody is saying or doing anything at all to him?

I still care about Beast as well. Even though I just voted him most evil in the poll on the X-board. It's because I'm so pissed at what he just did. I want him to change back somewhat to what he once was ASAP.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    That's the problem. This is an idiot plot. This plot only works because all the characters are acting like oblivious, uncaring idiots or acting otherwise then they would normally be.
    Perhaps personal feelings are clouding my memories, but i distinctly remember that one aspect which had made the X-men so unique in their heyday of the 70's to 90's was that as team they had a strong sense of camaraderie, friendship and companionship which was distinctly different from that of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four.

Whereas the Avengers have what can be described as "super hero office work" atmosphere to them, in part because they tend to be solo super heros who are merely banded together to combine their qualities for things they can't handle individualy and the Fanastic Four are famously "Family", the X-men had that "thicker than water" kind of friendship and camraderie to them.

Not quite "family" for most part (some ARE of course family) but a much stronger bond and web of relationships than just super hero co-workers.

But now this feeling seems to be largely gone and replaced by a sense of "corperate culture" and not just in X-force but all across the titles to some degree. Gone is the Band of Brothers and Sisters and in is everyone acting like heads if departments who exchange thinly veiled barbs or hang out because it's traditions, rather than because of deeply rooted companionships.

So it's not even suprising that nobody in the X-office seem to object the idea that nobody would step up against Beasts actions or turn an entirely blind eye to open mistreatments of what were once close friends or honorary family. Because it doesn't seem to be seen as "out of character" for them anymore.

Of course this trend allready started with Morrison and only got worse when over a decade ago someone thought it was a good idea to water down the X-men membership by declaring "every mutant is an X-men now".

Which also seems to mirror Beasts own increasingly negative characterization interesting enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Perhaps personal feelings are clouding my memories, but i distinctly remember that one aspect which had made the X-men so unique in their heyday of the 70's to 90's was that as team they had a strong sense of camaraderie, friendship and companionship which was distinctly different from that of the Avengers and the Fantastic Four.

Whereas the Avengers have what can be described as "super hero office work" atmosphere to them, in part because they tend to be solo super heros who are merely banded together to combine their qualities for things they can't handle individualy and the Fanastic Four are famously "Family", the X-men had that "thicker than water" kind of friendship and camraderie to them.
    You are exactly right. They may have disagreements, and maybe even an occasional dust-up, but they still care about each other. Now they don't unless it is personally affecting them. It hurt to see Kurt disparage Hank, when they used to be such close friends, but that's just one example. It's even made me dislike Wolverine, because Percy's intent all along was to tear down Hank so a heroic Wolverine could stand against him. It's just making me dislike all of them and wish I hadn't come back to reading the X-Books. I'm only still here because I enjoy talking with all of you.

As far as I'm concerned, Hank at this time is being possessed by Dark Beast. He was killed just a bit before Krakoa featured, right? His soul must have gone into the real Beast, and started taking over. I'm mean, he's currently running a death camp just like he did during the AoA storyline. Even if Percy is insisting this is the real Beast(and he only said that last December), I'm almost sure it will be revealed this isn't the case.

Guess I'll put up a few more. Here's another from that delightful issue where Hank and Simon re-connected. Guys playing pranks on their friends! This hurts to look at with what's currently happening in the comics:

Another one of Hank and Simon:

And finally, one from just after Onslaught when Hank's parents where taking care of Franklin Richards and his weird friends(anyone else thinks Hank's father's face in the corner there looks terrifying?):

Percy is a fathead if he thinks fans just 'cherry pick' a handful of issues to show Beast is lovable.

I'm feeling rather down. With all of next year's X-Books to be something along the lines of 'Everything the X-Men have ever known or loved is going to be destroyed', I just think I should stop coming here for awhile. I suffer from depression, and this is just making it worse. I know, I know, they're just comics(especially with all the real awful stuff going on in the world), but I've never witnessed the complete destruction of a character I loved in real-time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Guess I'll put up a few more. Here's another from that delightful issue where Hank and Simon re-connected. Guys playing pranks on their friends! This hurts to look at with what's currently happening in the comics:

Percy is a fathead if he thinks fans just 'cherry pick' a handful of issues to show Beast is lovable.

I'm feeling rather down. With all of next year's X-Books to be something along the lines of 'Everything the X-Men have ever known or loved is going to be destroyed', I just think I should stop coming here for awhile. I suffer from depression, and this is just making it worse. I know, I know, they're just comics(especially with all the real awful stuff going on in the world), but I've never witnessed the complete destruction of a character I loved in real-time.
    That was a great issue...the lovable-ness of Hank aside...Remy was great in it too sitting at the table getting Hank's mom's home cooking. IIRC...Double em up again was the phrase used about the pancakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That was a great issue...the lovable-ness of Hank aside...Remy was great in it too sitting at the table getting Hank's mom's home cooking. IIRC...Double em up again was the phrase used about the pancakes.
    Indeed. But, don't forget... Free Tractor Rides (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by cable guy View Post
    Yeah, that's true. Nobody is saying or doing anything at all to him?
    This is exactly why you don't set up a country that only has three laws.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. But, don't forget... Free Tractor Rides (LOL):

Remy getting a taste of a normal, fun childhood. It was fun seeing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Yep, loved that issue! And count me among the X-Fans that greatly miss fun and good Beast! I always enjoyed Beast and Gambit's interactions and wish we had gotten more of them. They played off each other well-

In agreement with the relationship between Remy & The Beast. Henry was ever so helpful back then (LOL):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    In agreement with the relationship between Remy & The Beast. Henry was ever so helpful back then (LOL):

As a fan of both Dr. McCoys I loved that comic SOOOO much.