Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

How'd I let this thread go down to page 4!? Here is Hank with Cecilia Reyes. I really loved their interactions, they should have got together in the main universe:

They actually did get married and had kids in the X-Men: The End timeline. His younger son looks just like him!

Listen guys, I know you all think there's nothing to appreciate about Hank now, but...well, they said that the X-Comics after Fall of X ends next year would be 'joyous'. 'Joyous'? Hopefully joyous for Beast fans. But I don't feel like wading through a whole year of bleak crossovers, so I'm just going to read synopses from now on. Let's take a look again at the first issue of X-Factor:

Sometimes I wish I could just rip my shirt off in a fit of pique and expose the manly expanse of my pecs.

Also, this bad boy arrived today:

It was a little more expensive then I'm used to for figures, but I'm glad I got him before the price rose. Strange their releasing this retro figure during Hank's, 'ahem', dark phase. And next month they're releasing that collection of comics where Hank and Wonder Man pal around. Makes me wonder if Marvel is hinting at something? I hope.

I'm probably getting that figure as well.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Listen guys, I know you all think there's nothing to appreciate about Hank now, but...well, they said that the X-Comics after Fall of X ends next year would be 'joyous'. 'Joyous'? Hopefully joyous for Beast fans.
    I can't really trust what Marvel says when they say "joyous".
    It's probably code for "BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT...THE RETURN OF CAT-BEAST!"

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I can't really trust what Marvel says when they say "joyous".
    It's probably code for "BECAUSE YOU DEMANDED IT...THE RETURN OF CAT-BEAST!"
    Well, I didn't really trust them, but I was naive enough to hold out a little hope. And if Cat-Beast is the price to pay for Hank to be good again, I guess I'd take it, but I'd rather not. Cat-Beast is when Hank became a sad-sack of "I'm ugly! I hate myself!".

Guess I'll throw a few more covers up:

This is the cover of the issue where Hank gives a big kiss to Simon. Oh happy Hank! Come back to me! *Sob*

Pretty cool cover, but the choice of words always puzzled me. "Bludgeoning Beast"?

I feel a little guilty. I stopped reading the X-books in 2006 or so due to the bleakness caused by decimation(there was numerous other things going on in my life too). I tried going back in 2009 but after being greeted by horse-faced Hank I fled again. It was just a few years after that that Hank's slow slide into general amorality and later villainy started. Someone on these boards complained that Beast-fans didn't speak up at all while this was going on. I don't know if that's true, but if I had remained and spoken up, would that have changed anything? I always got the impression that Marvel didn't listen to the fans unless they f**ked badly enough to cause bad press.

Well, I didn't really trust them, but I was naive enough to hold out a little hope. And if Cat-Beast is the price to pay for Hank to be good again, I guess I'd take it, but I'd rather not. Cat-Beast is when Hank became a sad-sack of "I'm ugly! I hate myself!".
    If this means Stuart Immonen is coming back, then I guess this is somewhat uplifting news...

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-26-2022 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

New theory: Current Beast is a Beast husk with a Sinister Clone back up from Cerebro. Discuss.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    New theory: Current Beast is a Beast husk with a Sinister Clone back up from Cerebro. Discuss.
    That was my theory, until someone here said that Marvel said that Beast is one of the few that Sinister hasn't influenced with his time shenanigans(don't know how true that is, probably not). And with the reveal that Dark Beast is alive, Marvel seems desperate to say no, this is 100% the real Beast, not Dark Beast, not possessed, not an imposter. But I'm sure a new writer could retcon something in.

That was my theory, until someone here said that Marvel said that Beast is one of the few that Sinister hasn't influenced with his time shenanigans(don't know how true that is, probably not). And with the reveal that Dark Beast is alive, Marvel seems desperate to say no, this is 100% the real Beast, not Dark Beast, not possessed, not an imposter. But I'm sure a new writer could retcon something in.
    Ah. Thank you for the additional info.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Ah. Thank you for the additional info.
    Okay, I found what they said:
    don't think Beast as he is now is being influenced by Sinister, from my understanding, the heroes would be influenced after Sinister "wins". Beasts actions are all because of himself and without outside influence, Kurt on the other hand is being turned into a literal demon by someone who is not Sinister
    When I said in the SOS thread that maybe Sinister was influencing Beast, as well as Nightcrawler. I think this person was just guessing.

I still think this Beast we're seeing has been corrupted somehow, maybe by the cerebro resurrection protocols splicing his mind with Dark Beast's data, since they are technically the same person.