Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Outside of Scott and Jean, is Beast the most successful Original X-Man? Or is he the most successful? Was he the most popular in the 60’s when X-Men first came out?

I love Beast so much. I wish he would go back to his 90’s form. Kill him off and resurrect his 1994 self.
    From what I hear, he was the most popular among the O5, which explains a few things, he's the first of the O5 who got an origin story, after X-Men got cancelled, he got his own stories in Amazing Adventures while the X-Men were in limbo, and he got to join the Avengers around the time the X-Men returned.

Reading the comics themselves, it's easy to see why he was popular, Cyclops, Jean and Angel were kinda bland, Iceman was a less interesting version of Human Torch, Hank was his own thing after his sudden personality shift (He was just a copy of Thing in the first three issues), and he was generally pretty amusing, he's the only character from the Lee/Kirby era who I found interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

2017 cover recreation commission by John Byrne of Hulk #161...when Beast and Hulk crossed paths.

Amazing Member

More Dark Beast please...it was fun reading him trick Hank during Onslaught.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky99 View Post
    More Dark Beast please...it was fun reading him trick Hank during Onslaught.
    Have you not been reading the current run of X-Force?
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Have you not been reading the current run of X-Force?
    Dark Beast isnt in that. Unless something changed that I missed, he's still dead

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dark Beast isnt in that. Unless something changed that I missed, he's still dead
    I think he means that the way Hank has been acting since this Krakoa thing started he may as well be Dark Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think he means that the way Hank has been acting since this Krakoa thing started he may as well be Dark Beast.
    That's exactly what I think he means, and it's true. He might as well be Dark Beast. He sure is heading that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    He's not like Dark Beast though. Dark Beast was evil yet had a charm about him infused with dark humor. Current Beast lacks that and is just bad with no redeeming qualities or interesting personality beats. I would actually prefer Dark Beast back over the Beast in X-Force. Hank is arrogant in a way that Dark Beast wasnt

Last edited by McFarlane's Green Hulk; 04-26-2022 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Stupid image

George Perez (RIP)

Astonishing Member

I always preferred his X-Terminators costume.

Damn, didn't know angelfire was still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    Fuzzy wuzzy lil Beastie.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Returning to my old job in a new position has brought extra downtime on the weekends, so I'll be making a second attempt to read these via the Marvel Masterworks tonight. I recall my first effort and the...less than enthusiastic reaction to the writing.

Those Amazing Adventures comics that introduced fuzzy Beast are from 1972- dammmm that a look time ago.

As far as I am concerned Beast was replaced by Dark Beast during the whole Children of the Atom when Dark Beast supposedly died, it would certainly explain ‘Beast’s’ Behaviour since.