Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    For T'Challa I'd say no since many on the council wouldn't view him as a threat to Krakoa, but a vote could change that. Now if it was a Latverian or Russian Sleeper agent that's different, since both have already shown to be actively hurting mutants.
    Ben Urich wasn't really a threat, and he still got mind wiped.

Is Storm still on the council while she's regent?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Ben Urich wasn't really a threat, and he still got mind wiped.

Is Storm still on the council while she's regent?
    Ben urich is a journalist if he found out the truth he would publish it to everyone that's not even close to the same thing

Astonishing Member

Ben urich is a journalist if he found out the truth he would publish it to everyone that's not even close to the same thing
    He’s a regular human reporter. A good one, but still just a reporter. Are you seriously claiming his threat level is more than the frigging galactic empire of Wakanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    He’s a regular human reporter. A good one, but still just a reporter. Are you seriously claiming his threat level is more than the frigging galactic empire of Wakanda?
    He would have published Krakoa secrets to the whole world includes everyone on Earth. Gentle being a spy for Wakanda would only tell Wakanda leadership is very much different.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    I want to know what Gentle fans think about this issue.
    I think they definitely should have released this issue BEFORE the X-Men vote. Might not have changed much, but he would have had a clear hook with this story set up.

Astonishing Member

He would have published Krakoa secrets to the whole world includes everyone on Earth. Gentle being a spy for Wakanda would only tell Wakanda leadership is very much different.
    A) I'm speaking in general, not just this one case
    B) They know in urich's case whoever leaked it to him can just leak it to another, less sympathetic to mutants reporter
    C). In many ways Wakanda keeping it secret could be worse as it is very effective blackmail material for future diplomatic negotiations.\
    D). Ben Urich is a known quantity. They can't count on T'challa being in charge of Wakanda forever
    E). They do a terrible job at keeping it a secret anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    A) I'm speaking in general, not just this one case
    B) They know in urich's case whoever leaked it to him can just leak it to another, less sympathetic to mutants reporter
    C). In many ways Wakanda keeping it secret could be worse as it is very effective blackmail material for future diplomatic negotiations.\
    D). Ben Urich is a known quantity. They can't count on T'challa being in charge of Wakanda forever
    E). They do a terrible job at keeping it a secret anyway.
    A) You can't speak in general because each spy is different. If you drop the heavy hand on every mutant spy you risk making enemies when there wasn't one. *cough* Omega Red *cough*

B) Which means they shouldn't have mind wiped the guy that was going to leak it to the world?

C) That would turn Wakanda into an active enemy which they are not right now. If Wakanda changes that's a whole other scenario.

D) Considering the powerful allies that Black panther has it would only be by choice

E) I don't disagree I just think Gentle is bad hill to die on for this point

Astonishing Member

Considering how utterly awful Krakoan has been at keeping resurrection hidden from the guys who can actually act on it, the idea that everyone else haven’t cottoned on reeks of “hur dur marvel characters stupid hur dur”

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't mind the politics of Wakanda having a sleeper among Krakoans/Arakkii, I just hate that this issue spent half its time building up that open and honest communication between T'Challa and Ororo was apparently SUPPOSED to be the cornerstone of their rejuvenated relationship going forward, and the other half of its focus went to SPOTLIGHTING Gentle and T'Challa putting on a completely performative facade where fooling Ororo was basically the only point of it since she was the only one present whose awareness/opinion of their dynamic is remotely relevant.

Like, we've literally READ this story already, and I don't get the point of bringing Ororo and T'Challa back together just to tell it again. There's some kinda weird irony to having Remy make a cameo just to say he's there to make sure Stormy doesn't get her heart broken by T'Challa again, when I don't see any other way for this TO end, given that this issue took such pains to set up that Ororo clearly only wanted ONE thing from T'Challa when giving their relationship a try again.....honest communication....and the big takeaway was that just....wasn't here despite his promise to her that it was.

And to be fair, it could absolutely be theorized that Ororo is being duplicitous with him as well, DEPENDING on what exactly T'Challa knows about resurrection and other mutant and Quiet Council secrets, and what she's specifically said to him about these things and whether she's lied to his face about them or just omitted volunteering certain information. BUT the point is, while that MIGHT be the case....we don't know it to be, and we certainly didn't see several pages devoted to her saying one thing to T'Challa and then putting on a performance for his benefit while she did the complete opposite. For whatever reason, the writing chose to EMPHASIZE T'Challa putting on a show with Nezhno in front of the woman he just pages before pledged to be honest with....without a hint of regret or remorse for doing so, and this after his earlier conversation in the spaceship where he was perfectly willing to show regret and conflicted feelings about other things he'd done.

And that's a narrative choice that for me eclipses the politics of just having a citizen of two nations display conflicting loyalties, because that makes sense, its messy, but its perfectly realistic and understandable. This though is a choice to reignite a relationship while actively undermining it from the get-go and that's just.....frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Honestly, I don't mind the politics of Wakanda having a sleeper among Krakoans/Arakkii, I just hate that this issue spent half its time building up that open and honest communication between T'Challa and Ororo was apparently SUPPOSED to be the cornerstone of their rejuvenated relationship going forward, and the other half of its focus went to SPOTLIGHTING Gentle and T'Challa putting on a completely performative facade where fooling Ororo was basically the only point of it since she was the only one present whose awareness/opinion of their dynamic is remotely relevant.

Like, we've literally READ this story already, and I don't get the point of bringing Ororo and T'Challa back together just to tell it again. There's some kinda weird irony to having Remy make a cameo just to say he's there to make sure Stormy doesn't get her heart broken by T'Challa again, when I don't see any other way for this TO end, given that this issue took such pains to set up that Ororo clearly only wanted ONE thing from T'Challa when giving their relationship a try again.....honest communication....and the big takeaway was that just....wasn't here despite his promise to her that it was.

And to be fair, it could absolutely be theorized that Ororo is being duplicitous with him as well, DEPENDING on what exactly T'Challa knows about resurrection and other mutant and Quiet Council secrets, and what she's specifically said to him about these things and whether she's lied to his face about them or just omitted volunteering certain information. BUT the point is, while that MIGHT be the case....we don't know it to be, and we certainly didn't see several pages devoted to her saying one thing to T'Challa and then putting on a performance for his benefit while she did the complete opposite. For whatever reason, the writing chose to EMPHASIZE T'Challa putting on a show with Nezhno in front of the woman he just pages before pledged to be honest with....without a hint of regret or remorse for doing so, and this after his earlier conversation in the spaceship where he was perfectly willing to show regret and conflicted feelings about other things he'd done.

And that's a narrative choice that for me eclipses the politics of just having a citizen of two nations display conflicting loyalties, because that makes sense, its messy, but its perfectly realistic and understandable. This though is a choice to reignite a relationship while actively undermining it from the get-go and that's just.....frustrating.
    All this is also very very true about the story. There is a lot left open to interpretation. But from the stand point of it being a BP book it was very well done imo. And i don't feel ororo was written out of character, it's been proven time and again tchalla is her blindspot to the point she will compromise for him in most cases for him and the writer used that history and well imo. But yeah, this relationship definitely was set up with a big land mind but i'm hoping it ends more on a bittersweet some types of relationships with some people just aren't meant to be. Especially when they are literally worlds apart now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Like I said in another post, it's hard to support a relationship that is actively being undermined by tptb.

How can you root for it to succeed when you see the plot unfold where there are unnecessary and unneeded landmines everywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All this is also very very true about the story. There is a lot left open to interpretation. But from the stand point of it being a BP book it was very well done imo. And i don't feel ororo was written out of character, it's been proven time and again tchalla is her blindspot to the point she will compromise for him in most cases for him and the writer used that history and well imo. But yeah, this relationship definitely was set up with a big land mind but i'm hoping it ends more on a bittersweet some types of relationships with some people just aren't meant to be. Especially when they are literally worlds apart now.
    Yeah don't get me wrong, I don't mean to pooh-pooh on it from an execution standpoint if this is literally what they wanted to set up....just purely from a fan standpoint its not the story I was hoping it was going to be if they were going to go the relationship route again in the first place. Oh well.

Its not Ororos secret to tell T'Challa. I would call her actions anything but duplicitous. But keep mind the blabber mouth told his daughter when he shouldn't have.

Is amazing that the two most compromised mutants are the ones you would least expect Colossus and Nezhno.

Fenris must have no friends to blab to

Yeah don't get me wrong, I don't mean to pooh-pooh on it from an execution standpoint if this is literally what they wanted to set up....just purely from a fan standpoint its not the story I was hoping it was going to be if they were going to go the relationship route again in the first place. Oh well.
    Definitely a valid point. It just get's so tired. And it's like i want to enjoy other people excitement for them but it's gone to that feeling of just rolling your eyes because of things like this. I think that's the messed up part because there are people who really do apparently see them as some sort of example but imo it's just the wrong example.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

loved the issue and loved that ororo is the only woman that makes tchalla happy!!! simply beautiful!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!