Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Secret X-Men # 1 Preview

Looking sharp!
    secret-x-men-1/
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Okay, so they might be doing something with a little of the plans Hickman had for the Shi'ar. Good.

Incredible Member

Dammit! Howard really doesn't know how to write dialogue. Two pages of Oh we look good! On the bright side the art is great, They do look good, and I like that this characters are getting the spotlight.
    Last edited by Milici; 02-03-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Fantastic Member

I did not like Tini, but I will get this 2 of my favs are here.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

"The so-called Secret X-Men will come together in an eponymous one-shot from writer Tini Howard and-" Welp. That's as far as I'm willing to go. It's a forgettable one-shot.

I'm also gonna chime in here and say that Strong Guy is a child killer (stabbed Rahne's little boy through the back) and there's no possible redemption arc for an act as terrible as that. I can't believe he has fans anymore.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    "The so-called Secret X-Men will come together in an eponymous one-shot from writer Tini Howard and-" Welp. That's as far as I'm willing to go. It's a forgettable one-shot.

I'm also gonna chime in here and say that Strong Guy is a child killer (stabbed Rahne's little boy through the back) and there's no possible redemption arc for an act as terrible as that. I can't believe he has fans anymore.
    Uh, was the before or after Guido had his soul ripped out of him? Because Souless Guido was very much intended to be a monster

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Okay, so they might be doing something with a little of the plans Hickman had for the Shi'ar. Good.
    That's what I was thinking/hoping as well!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Dammit! Howard really doesn't know hoy to write dialogue. Two pages of Oh we look good! On the bright side the art is great, They do look good, and I like that this characters are getting the spotlight.
    Yea. that really stuck out to me. It was almost like:

"You look good", "No YOU look Good" "Oh please You look good"

But I am digging this Line Up and I do like the art. So, i'll give this a shot.

Uh, was the before or after Guido had his soul ripped out of him? Because Souless Guido was very much intended to be a monster
    If I remember correctly it was after he lost his soul due to being resurrected by Layla.

This is looking VERY GOOD! *goes to add it pulll list*

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    If I remember correctly it was after he lost his soul due to being resurrected by Layla.
    Probably a dropped plot or ignored by current writers just like the soul-less Nightcrawler plot.

Also, are those the creatures that attacked Kitty in "Professor Xavier is a jerk!"?

Mighty Member

I don't get how it was 2 pages of them talking about how good they look. It was the initial page of them suiting up and one small panel of Sunspot finishing the quips up and it cutting to the rest of page 2 being them on a mission.

Like I'm not gonna fault someone for criticizing Tini's dialogue.

But you don't need to lie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Dammit! Howard really doesn't know how to write dialogue. Two pages of Oh we look good! On the bright side the art is great, They do look good, and I like that this characters are getting the spotlight.
    It's only a one-shot but i'm still worried it will be another bad mark for Marrow, who really needs a good writer putting her in a better spot than she had been for 20 years. Best case scenario nothing gets worse for any character used in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    I did not like Tini, but I will get this 2 of my favs are here.
    Shouldn't that get you worried for your favs, rather than making you willing to read it?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post

Remember when Bishop killed 7 billion people with atomic, biological and chemical weapons, children included?

Mighty Member

The art is fantastic! I can't believe Marvel didn't sign-up the artist for New Mutants .

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Can anyone point me to the issue/series that explained when he got his soul back? If not, then he’s still soulless and can’t be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Remember when Bishop killed 7 billion people with atomic, biological and chemical weapons, children included?
    Actually no, I don’t. This isn’t about Bishop. It’s about lazy writing and thread plot holes and I’m just about losing my mind trying to cope with all of them.