Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I see what you’re saying and mostly agree for sure but I think it would make Ororo hypocritical to ask for overt, complete honesty in regards to T’challa and Wakanda when Beast is has been spying on every major nation Earth, the resurrection protocols are still a massive state secret, and the inner workings of the Quiet Council she resides on are confidential as well. Ororo would be a fool not to see the irony in asking him to reveal everything to her when she herself, had her secrets that she keeps for the good of her people.
    I actually do agree with you here. The problem though is it's still a potential landmine and one that wasn't really necessary unless the fuse was planned to be lit imho. I don't know which side of the equation will pull the trigger but the way i see it is someone could simply write ororo saying "all tchalla had to do was say it was a state secret." then we could at least be like "well he did say it was." instead he purposefully hid the very nature of it as not to cause any suspicion because he is far more practical where as when she was leaving she was all "i am off to do some regent business" making it clear what she was doing was apart from them. But i could be overthinking it. It's just one of those situations where neither is wrong and it didn't have to happen but now you have to think about why did it happen though.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I wish i could. That's the same issue she was offering her man up to NuNakia because "man can't be faithful" despite dreaming of her when dude had amnesia and you know remaining faithful. That whole story ended up weird. lol. Looking back maybe this is around the time coates thought he was about to write in a little bundle of joy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

But that’s what I’m confused about, what actions are you referring to? What has Gentle done besides exist and lie in wait for anything Krakoa/Arrako presents that might cause direct harm to Wakanda? All of the other Wakandan sleeper agents on Earth lived normal lives and stayed prepared if they were called upon to defend Wakanda from the countries they were installed in. Why would Gentle be any different? If Krakoa/Arrako never acted against Wakanda, I’m inclined to believe he would have absolutely no affect whatsoever on the affairs of Krakoan/Arrakii sovereignty.
    Wakanda still doesn't recognize Krakoa, they might not be hostile to Krakoa jet, but they are not allies either. Gentle is acting as an agent of a potential rival empyre, he at least shouldn't be in court.

Incredible Member

Yesss. Omolola said are you ever happy which he didnÂ’t answer back, As you see later heÂ’s at his happiest with storm ⛈.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    Wakanda still doesn't recognize Krakoa, they might not be hostile to Krakoa jet, but they are not allies either. Gentle is acting as an agent of a potential rival empyre, he at least shouldn't be in court.
    That may not be entirely accurate. This is right after Storm stole the sword.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Incredible Member

Listen, there are definitely huge challenges to the progress and purity of their relationship. All of the reasons I highlighted, as you said, are prime examples of that. It’s entirely understandable to not think a sustainable relationship between these two is probable or even possible due to the nature of who they are and who they need to be to the people they represent.

But to some people, the dynamic of seeing two people who have been important to each other since childhood, before they became the titans they are today fight against all odds to maintain their relationship is a romantic under-dog story you want to root for. Under the crowns, and thrones, and powers, and nations they are actually just two people who seem to love each other despite everything in their lives and everything they’ve become weighing against them. That’s not for everybody for sure and that’s okay! And for others, like myself, you can’t help but to root for them to be with the person I’m their lives who makes them the most happy, and loved, and seen. The entire universe seems to be against them and yet, they feel in their heart that the other is still worth fighting for. People need to understand that both perspectives are okay to have, and that it’s not necessary to tear down characters by calling them liars and snakes and “abusers” to justify your opinions on this. And yes, someone on Twitter tried to make the argument that T’challa “abused” Ororo and that’s why he’s not good for her *eyeroll*. We all can do a little better at letting people enjoy what they enjoy without being disparaging to other characters because something doesn’t fit your preferred narrative. That’s all I’m saying, personally.

Also I love Diana and no, this situation could be be further from a comparison to Charles and Diana’s. In fact, they are directly opposite to each other. Charles and Diana were two people who were fundamentally not right for each other in the sense that they were a mismatch of massive proportions. They had absolutely nothing in common, no real love for each other, and no patience and understanding of who the other was at their core while at the same time being forced by institutions larger then themselves into the same station in life. Ororo and T’challa love each for who they are at their base, most pure selves and the circumstances of their stations in life and responsibilities are what keep them from being together as they would wish to be. The two examples couldn’t be more diametrically opposed.
    No. What you're going to get with Ororo and T’challa is yet another story on the six o'clock news about a husband or wife going nuts and killing everyone in the household including the kids along with themselves and how no one saw it coming.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 01-26-2022 at 06:06 PM.

when did Gentles attitude towards Wakanda change?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I think the point is that they never actually changed, he was just faking it this whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I think the point is that they never actually changed, he was just faking it this whole time.
    I meant when did he become buddies with BP last issue I read was in divided we stand when they rejected him
    GrindrStone(D)

I meant when did he become buddies with BP last issue I read was in divided we stand when they rejected him
    Possibly in offscreen land after X-Men Red when they had spent some time in the area of Wakanda before they got their undersea base.

Astonishing Member

His attitude never changed, he's always been close with T'Challa. It's likely Nezhno's spying out of personal obligation, not nationalism. Long before Storm entered the picture T'Challa had invited Gentle to stay in his palace to give him safe haven from the isolation and abuse he got from his tribe.

He made him his ward and gave him medical care. Gentle's nearly always been shown popping up to help Wakanda in big all hands on deck situations and a lot of the times we see Gentle return to Wakanda, he's with T'Challa, like when he shows up in X-Men Red or in Divided We Stand. So this retcon is pretty consistent with his character given the background imo.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    His attitude never changed, he's always been close with T'Challa. It's likely Nezhno's spying out of personal obligation, not nationalism. Long before Storm entered the picture T'Challa had invited Gentle to stay in his palace to give him safe haven from the isolation and abuse he got from his tribe.

He made him his ward and gave him medical care. Gentle's nearly always been shown popping up to help Wakanda in big all hands on deck situations and a lot of the times we see Gentle return to Wakanda, he's with T'Challa, like when he shows up in X-Men Red or in Divided We Stand. So this retcon is pretty consistent with his character given the background imo.
    Guessing his invite to BPs palace was in a non X-Book?
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Guessing his invite to BPs palace was in a non X-Book?
    It was part of his origin so it's backstory we don't see much of. We never see Gentle during his time with T'Challa but it's said he was raised in the palace and that he's T'Challa's ward.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It was part of his origin so it's backstory we don't see much of. We never see Gentle during his time with T'Challa but it's said he was raised in the palace and that he's T'Challa's ward.
    Ohhh can't believe I've missed that. Thanks
    GrindrStone(D)