Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

They're still hating on the Royal Power Couple.Good.Good. They can't take it. Good. Good.

Idk what anyone has against T'Challa and Storm.

All they need is a deidcated writer.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Which they'll never get. So we get crap on crap on crap. Coates was the most recent attempt to unify them and going by BP fans, it basically turned T'challa's entire book into a steaming pile of panther poop.

To make this couple happen they would need a duo book with JUST them. No wakanda, no Arakko, no Dora Milaje, no X-Men. You add any of that into that book and one side is going to complain that the other is getting the spotlight. As I said in the Storm thread, what needs to happen for the sake of BOTH characters is that the relationship ends. Period. Go back to being friends (or even friends with benefits) and let them be on each other's speed dial if a emergency arises. As Storm said, she would never turn her back on T'challa or Wakanda (even before the whole Hadari Yao thing) so it's not as if she's going to ghost him. Both characters are simply "too big" for each other to ever really work without one side feeling slighted. You have Storm fans saying that she was married off to him to boost his popularity and suffered greatly for it by missing out on Morrsion's New X-Men relaunch. You've got Panther fans saying Storm is a giant leech that does nothing but steal the spotlight anytime she's in his book. I mean obviously they'll never be able to please everyone but why purposely punch the hornets nest?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

And actual knowlege of the characters involved

They need their own Fantastic Four Style book.
    Tchalla , Storm, Shuri, (Gentle,Manifold,Vibrax).

put that Galactic empire of Wakanda to some use.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Which they'll never get. So we get crap on crap on crap. Coates was the most recent attempt to unify them and going by BP fans, it basically turned T'challa's entire book into a steaming pile of panther poop.

To make this couple happen they would need a duo book with JUST them. No wakanda, no Arakko, no Dora Milaje, no X-Men. You add any of that into that book and one side is going to complain that the other is getting the spotlight. As I said in the Storm thread, what needs to happen for the sake of BOTH characters is that the relationship ends. Period. Go back to being friends (or even friends with benefits) and let them be on each other's speed dial if a emergency arises. As Storm said, she would never turn her back on T'challa or Wakanda (even before the whole Hadari Yao thing) so it's not as if she's going to ghost him. Both characters are simply "too big" for each other to ever really work without one side feeling slighted. You have Storm fans saying that she was married off to him to boost his popularity and suffered greatly for it by missing out on Morrsion's New X-Men relaunch. You've got Panther fans saying Storm is a giant leech that does nothing but steal the spotlight anytime she's in his book. I mean obviously they'll never be able to please everyone but why purposely punch the hornets nest?
    A lot of BP fans supported the marriage when a lot of other fans were against it. AvX started the downfall and that's when we saw writers begin to isht on the marriage with dumb ass writing. There was always some issue and finally some BP fans gave up on it. They broke up, went their separate ways and then we thought it was over.

But nope, they kept putting these two together despite the fact that Marvel wasn't committed to a healthy relationship between the two. So it doesn't make any sense to support this relationship only to see Marvel squat all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    A lot of BP fans supported the marriage when a lot of other fans were against it. AvX started the downfall and that's when we saw writers begin to isht on the marriage with dumb ass writing. There was always some issue and finally some BP fans gave up on it. They broke up, went their separate ways and then we thought it was over.

But nope, they kept putting these two together despite the fact that Marvel wasn't committed to a healthy relationship between the two. So it doesn't make any sense to support this relationship only to see Marvel squat all over it.
    Ahem...well, nothing left to be said about this crapfest.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

im so happy with what I've heard about the spoilers related to this issue. all I can say is LOVE WINS!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post

Pretty much this. From everything I've read it's like their relationship is a afterthought that's only used if it'll add drama to the story. The most obvious example was the Maunders issue. Why make up a sword no one had ever heard about and make it sacrosanct to the Wakandans then have Storm steal it? The Sword of Bone would have been perfect for her given its connection to Oshtur aka The Bright Lady . That's not even counting the fact that as a bonafide "Wakandan" Goddess they should of had little to no issue giving her the sword.

But that doesn't make for good drama.

I'm not saying Storm and BP could never ever work in a million years, but clearly no one is willing to give the characters the tools needed to make the relationship work so that at the very least the majority are satisfied.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    im so happy with what I've heard about the spoilers related to this issue. all I can say is LOVE WINS!!!

I hope so and this isn't just another attempt by a writer with no higher-ups willing to put some muscle behind it.

Pretty much this. From everything I've read it's like their relationship is a afterthought that's only used if it'll add drama to the story. The most obvious example was the Maunders issue. Why make up a sword no one had ever heard about and make it sacrosanct to the Wakandans then have Storm steal it? The Sword of Bone would have been perfect for her given its connection to Oshtur aka The Bright Lady . That's not even counting the fact that as a bonafide "Wakandan" Goddess they should of had little to no issue giving her the sword.

I'm not saying Storm and BP could never ever work in a million years, but clearly no one is willing to give the characters the tools needed to make the relationship work so that at the very least the majority are satisfied.
    I thought Coates did an exceptional job at rebuilding their past failings. in regards to one getting the spotlight over the other T'Challa became an emperor of a galatic empire while storm became a living goddess. They both shined in different but bold ways. The reality is that those who don't like the pairing will always find issue with it. as others have said, with a writer who cares about both characters they can do just fine.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I hope so and this isn't just another attempt by a writer with no higher-ups willing to put some muscle behind it.
    well its early to say how this writer will handle them as an item but I'm curious to see where things go. im hoping it doesn't go the path the xoffices love to take when it involves these two, which contrived unnecessary drama.

I thought Coates did an exceptional job at rebuilding their past failings. in regards to one getting the spotlight over the other T'Challa became an emperor of a galatic empire while storm became a living goddess. They both shined in different but bold ways. The reality is that those who don't like the pairing will always find issue with it. as others have said, with a writer who cares about both characters they can do just fine.
    well its early to say how this writer will handle them as an item but I'm curious to see where things go. im hoping it doesn't go the path the xoffices love to take when it involves these two, which contrived unnecessary drama.
    Understood which is why I said the majority. No one writer is going to please 100% of the fanbase of one character, never mind two. And again, I'm not against the relationship but I don't see the point in it if all Marvel is going to do is use it for drama then shelve it until they need more drama again, lol.

I mean right now I can't think of a better confidant for Storm to have right now than T'challa. Who else would understand the pressures of leading a battle hardened people? She fought to be regent, that much is clear. But in Storm's own words she is no queen. She was referencing Wakanda ofc, but I can't imagine she would jump at the chance to lead a planet and speak for an entire Solar System.

I think uing the Regency to build on that mindset and what changed could be very good for both of them to come together about.

Exactly. They deliberately create forced drama to have conflict? For what? The sword didn't even have any real impact and it was never brought up again.

I'm not going to say that BP and Storm can't have a great relationship but they won't have one if they keep doing isht like this. Who wants to read about a couple that can't maintain a healthy relationship for 5 minutes before some writer decides to come along and frak it up? At least give them a good 8-10 years of a solid relationship with a few minor ups and downs before tearing it apart.

And the marriage should be respected by all writers. That's the job of the editor.

Understood which is why I said the majority. No one writer is going to please 100% of the fanbase of one character, never mind two. And again, I'm not against the relationship but I don't see the point in it if all Marvel is going to do is use it for drama then shelve it until they need more drama again, lol.

I mean right now I can't think of a better confidant for Storm to have right now than T'challa. Who else would understand the pressures of leading a battle hardened people? She fought to be regent, that much is clear. But in Storm's own words she is no queen. She was referencing Wakanda ofc, but I can't imagine she would jump at the chance to lead a planet and speak for an entire Solar System.

I think uing the Regency to build on that mindset and what changed could be very good for both of them to come together about.
    The thing is it's not marvel that's using for drama; its only the xoffices. Hudlin married (bp offices] them, Jason Aaron (xmen) broke them up. Coates repaired their relationship (bp offices), Vita (xmen) made up a sword to create unnecessary drama between them. I think one should ask why is that? Why is it that one office intentionally seems to like to create conflict between marvel high profile black couple? You don't see this energy from the bp offices.

I agree with you tchalla would and should be her biggest confidant but unfortunately the xoffices have never been interested in showing tchalla in a favorable light relative to ororo. I mean I can't tell you how many black panther stories were showing her working with tchalla and then all of the sudden x of Swords came out. im hoping one day this changes and seeing Ewing respects canon more than any other xwriter in recent years has I hope this changes.