Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Exactly. They deliberately create forced drama to have conflict? For what? The sword didn't even have any real impact and it was never brought up again.

I'm not going to say that BP and Storm can't have a great relationship but they won't have one if they keep doing isht like this. Who wants to read about a couple that can't maintain a healthy relationship for 5 minutes before some writer decides to come along and frak it up? At least give them a good 8-10 years of a solid relationship with a few minor ups and downs before tearing it apart.

And the marriage should be respected by all writers. That's the job of the editor.
    Precisely. Brings me back to what I've been saying from the beginning, lol. Let them be friends and confidents until The X/BP office and the editor all get on the same train of actually respecting the relationship.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Wasn't there going to be a plot where tension between Krakoa and Wakanda steadily increases, but before it turns into war Storm has BP's baby under weird and stupid means and they got "Let us unite our houses" and all the tension vanishes?

Maybe that's where the sword plot was going.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The thing is it's not marvel that's using for drama; its only the xoffices. Hudlin married (bp offices] them, Jason Aaron (xmen) broke them up. Coates repaired their relationship (bp offices), Vita (xmen) made up a sword to create unnecessary drama between them. I think one should ask why is that? Why is it that one office intentionally seems to like to create conflict between marvel high profile black couple? You don't see this energy from the bp offices.

I agree with you tchalla would and should be her biggest confidant but unfortunately the xoffices have never been interested in showing tchalla in a favorable light relative to ororo. I mean I can't tell you how many black panther stories were showing her working with tchalla and then all of the sudden x of Swords came out. im hoping one day this changes and seeing Ewing respects canon more than any other xwriter in recent years has I hope this changes.
    All true and given how the BP office shot down Hickman's pregnancy idea because they have plans for BP makes me think that they are looking to keep their relationship on a strictly platonic level for now. And that's not a bad thing imo. As you point out, pre-Hickman the X-Office started drama for no reason but it makes Storm as a character look bad.

With Ewing at the helm writing the "flagship" book I'm hopeful that we're going to get a Storm that hasn't been seen in decades and possibly be BETTER than that. Ewing is no fool, he knows that it would be beyond stupid to squander Storm and BP's relationship for dumb drama. I can't help but that that maybe the tiniest part of his reasoning was the whole X of Sword mess and the 100 issue Gala story.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wasn't there going to be a plot where tension between Krakoa and Wakanda steadily increases, but before it turns into war Storm has BP's baby under weird and stupid means and they got "Let us unite our houses" and all the tension vanishes?

Maybe that's where the sword plot was going.
    Even if that's where the story was going I think it's really sh!tty to put that sort of pressure on the shoulder of a kid/teen. Also, correct me if I'm wrong (anyone), but the child wouldn't even know who his parents were? So that's more drama into the pot.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    All true and given how the BP office shot down Hickman's pregnancy idea because they have plans for BP makes me think that they are looking to keep their relationship on a strictly platonic level for now. And that's not a bad thing imo. As you point out, pre-Hickman the X-Office started drama for no reason but it makes Storm as a character look bad.

With Ewing at the helm writing the "flagship" book I'm hopeful that we're going to get a Storm that hasn't been seen in decades and possibly be BETTER than that. Ewing is no fool, he knows that it would be beyond stupid to squander Storm and BP's relationship for dumb drama. I can't help but that that maybe the tiniest part of his reasoning was the whole X of Sword mess and the 100 issue Gala story.
    not trying to spoil anything but I think you should wait to read this next issue before concluding its platonic lol. also maybe the bp offices didn't like the idea of tchalla being an absent father and not for them wanting him to just be her friend.
    personally speaking im glad Hickmans plan didn't pan out as a fan of the couple. I don't see ororo being ok with not being able to raise her child considering she lost her parents and was an orphan at such a young age.

and I still don't get the x of sword thing regarding storm stealing the sword. I can't imagine the current bp writer referencing it at all but I guess its best to wait and see.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

not trying to spoil anything but I think you should wait to read this next issue before concluding its platonic lol. also maybe the bp offices didn't like the idea of tchalla being an absent father and not for them wanting him to just be her friend.
    personally speaking im glad Hickmans plan didn't pan out as a fan of the couple. I don't see ororo being ok with not being able to raise her child considering she lost her parents and was an orphan at such a young age.

and I still don't get the x of sword thing regarding storm stealing the sword. I can't imagine the current bp writer referencing it at all but I guess its best to wait and see.
    Hey if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, lol. If the BP comic shows them waking up the next day after endless love making then so be it.

I hope he doesn't. I hope no one references it again because it served absolutely NO purpose but to create drama. Even the actual power of the sword couldn't be used because Storm was depowered.

Admittedly, I would love to see her feed the sword enough juice to power a light bulb but she blows up a mountain due to the sword properties. But that's just me and my love of things going boom.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Hey if I'm wrong then I'm wrong, lol. If the BP comic shows them waking up the next day after endless love making then so be it.

I hope he doesn't. I hope no one references it again because it served absolutely NO purpose but to create drama. Even the actual power of the sword couldn't be used because Storm was depowered.

Admittedly, I would love to see her feed the sword enough juice to power a light bulb but she blows up a mountain due to the sword properties. But that's just me and my love of things going boom.
    im not expecting that to happen but for all of what coates did to repair their relationship to gonto just friends doesn't seem probable either honestly lol.

agreed 100%. as a fan of the couple I accepted the demise of the relationship after the marriage failed. however, if the xoffices allowed Coates to use storm and they saw the path he was taking them why on earth would the xiffices then work to counter the stories he wrote? so now that they are together I would hope to see stories that work to build them, when necessary. I think windrider summed it up perfectly how I would like to see them. they love each other (are in a relationship), there for one another when needed but given the space to thrive independent of each other. I just don't want the messy housewives, bad girls club type of story telling anymore for these two.

lolol the last part. I just hope that sword is thrown in the pit with sabretooth never to be seen again.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I enjoyed the Xof Sword Bp&Storm issue.
    It was necessary.
    It gave Storm a voice in the relationship.
    Not only did it show Wakanda has nothing but love and loyalty to her. They were ready to aid her and Krakoa.
    The conversation between Storm and Shuri wasn't needed but I still enjoyed it very much so.
    The conversation between Storm & Tchalla was perfect.
    She's not His plot device, She's her own.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I enjoyed the Xof Sword Bp&Storm issue.
    It was necessary.
    It gave Storm a voice in the relationship.
    Not only did it show Wakanda has nothing but love and loyalty to her. They were ready to aid her and Krakoa.
    The conversation between Storm and Shuri wasn't needed but I still enjoyed it very much so.
    The conversation between Storm & Tchalla was perfect.
    She's not His plot device, She's her own.
    when has storm been tchalla plot device? prior to the regent thing she has only been the plot device of the xmen and nothing more which has nothing to do with black panther.

What would be really funny is if Arrako turned around and said they dont need Wakanda lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    What would be really funny is if Arrako turned around and said they dont need Wakanda lol
    lolol im ready to read this issue i need to know the tea

im not expecting that to happen but for all of what coates did to repair their relationship to gonto just friends doesn't seem probable either honestly lol.

agreed 100%. as a fan of the couple I accepted the demise of the relationship after the marriage failed. however, if the xoffices allowed Coates to use storm and they saw the path he was taking them why on earth would the xiffices then work to counter the stories he wrote? so now that they are together I would hope to see stories that work to build them, when necessary. I think windrider summed it up perfectly how I would like to see them. they love each other (are in a relationship), there for one another when needed but given the space to thrive independent of each other. I just don't want the messy housewives, bad girls club type of story telling anymore for these two.

lolol the last part. I just hope that sword is thrown in the pit with sabretooth never to be seen again.
    I mean you have a point but I'm just trying to keep my exaptations low. Even if the BP issue is amazing for them as a couple we'd still have to see how the X-Office manages things. Ewing may be a writing God, but even he can't turn sh!t orders from editorial into gold.

This. This. This.

You know I got to thinking. With Lodus Logos factored in she could technically get another power amping sword for special occasions. She doesn't need it of course but just the imagery would look amazing. I'm reminded of this -

lolol im ready to read this issue i need to know the tea
    Hopefully nothing too messy im tired of the tug and pull between t'challa and Storm. Kiss and get over it! Lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Exactly. They deliberately create forced drama to have conflict? For what? The sword didn't even have any real impact and it was never brought up again.

I'm not going to say that BP and Storm can't have a great relationship but they won't have one if they keep doing isht like this. Who wants to read about a couple that can't maintain a healthy relationship for 5 minutes before some writer decides to come along and frak it up? At least give them a good 8-10 years of a solid relationship with a few minor ups and downs before tearing it apart.

And the marriage should be respected by all writers. That's the job of the editor.
    To be fair, we don’t know where the story is going. And we definitely don’t know what happened behind the scenes up until this point. I strongly suspect that towards the final stages of the Coates BP run, the two offices were working closely together on shared storylines but between abysmal sales and delays of Coates’ book and Ridley entering the fray, the plans got scrapped. Hence the last minute reversal on the Storm-BP child and Storm’s character getting a massive push in the X-books. Remember, the Regent of Arakko storyline is only happening because the plans to give her T’Challa’s baby were cut out.

Marvel has been pretty clear that Storm’s main character is situated within the X-books and with Hickman’s plans to unify Wakanda and Krakoa firmly out the window there’s still a high chance Ridley ends this arc with the two separated. And frankly, with Marvel not recasting T’Challa in the MCU the adaptation potential of the pairing, which apparently played a massive role in them being put together in the first place, is pretty much dead.

Besides, the story definitely set up separation with how T’Challa has been isolating himself from his friends and family. Plus with the whole theme of T’Challa’s spy program blowing up in his face, him and Storm breaking up after discovering he sent her favorite student to spy on her would definitely be a continuation of that. So the tensions established in prior books may end up getting paid off in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    To be fair, we don’t know where the story is going. And we definitely don’t know what happened behind the scenes up until this point. I strongly suspect that towards the final stages of the Coates BP run, the two offices were working closely together on shared storylines but between abysmal sales and delays of Coates’ book and Ridley entering the fray, the plans got scrapped. Hence the last minute reversal on the Storm-BP child and Storm’s character getting a massive push in the X-books. Remember, the Regent of Arakko storyline is only happening because the plans to give her T’Challa’s baby were cut out.

Marvel has been pretty clear that Storm’s main character is situated within the X-books and with Hickman’s plans to unify Wakanda and Krakoa firmly out the window there’s still a high chance Ridley ends this arc with the two separated. And frankly, with Marvel not recasting T’Challa in the MCU the adaptation potential of the pairing, which apparently played a massive role in them being put together in the first place, is pretty much dead.

Besides, the story definitely set up separation with how T’Challa has been isolating himself from his friends and family. Plus with the whole theme of T’Challa’s spy program blowing up in his face, him and Storm breaking up after discovering he sent her favorite student to spy on her would definitely be a continuation of that. So the tensions established in prior books may end up getting paid off in this arc.
    We don't know where this particular story is going but history has shown us how little Marvel cares to make this a good, healthy relationship.

The worst thing that could have happened is if Storm and BP did have a child. All we would have heard about was divided loyalties and the child being shunned as an outcast in Wakanda. Whatever plans Hickman had, just imagine what would happen once he left.

I have no faith in Marvel with Storm and BP as a couple.