Amazing Member

Default Merged Sentry vs New 52 Darkseid

Im not sure if this was done before, but imma do it

Apokolips having decided that they are bored with the DC Universe, decides to move to the Negative Zone thru a portal of Darkseid' s creation. There, they hope to conquer this dimension. However they are stopped by the newly appointed guardian of the untamed realm, The Sentry. A brief clash ensues, wreaking havoc upon much of the large universe. Realizing that destroying the universe would cause the loss of a realm to both Darkseid and The Sentry, they instead both decide to fight in an arena setting.

So 616 Merged Sentry, Pre-Flashpoint Emanation Darkseid,

-Both sides have a surface level understanding of each others powers
    -Both start 100m away from each other
    -Both are in-character for their versions
    -Rumble rules

Let the matchup begin!
    Last edited by MasterDebater1; 01-21-2022 at 10:29 PM.

...I don't recall Merged Sentry having enough feats to go on as a basis for...much.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    ...I don't recall Merged Sentry having enough feats to go on as a basis for...much.
    That version of the character only appeared in a handful of issues and Sentry's never had yearly ongoings worth of issues to his name like a Thor or a Hulk in the first place so I'm not sure what you'd be asking for there. I don't know if you're comparing him to Darkseid's modern reimaginings so I apologize in advance if I misunderstand you.

But this Sentry was introduced beating the snot out of a guy who was, mere moments before, powered up after drinking a once in a lifetime replication of the original Sentry serum produced from the original creator scientist notes. Powered up enough to tie with original golden Sentry to the point he could not only stagger and wear him down him all over the place (despite only having one arm, the years-long chip on his shoulder he had against Bob was more than enough to make up for that) but shrug off Sentry not just hitting him but yellingly flying into his back while surrounded by golden energy, as if he was cosplaying Black Adam's old "Psycho Crusher" move. All this resulting in Sentry accepting the Void or reaching a truce with him for the first time (which made enough sense regarding how mentality-based Sentry's powers have always been, which was even the basis of the villains plot here to finally get rid of Sentry in order to replace him, by killing his weaker self within his own mind Matrix-style). And even when that guy was resultingly halfways beaten down after Sentry transformed into "All-New Sentry", he still had enough juice to destroy in anger Sentry's Void tendrils, which is way more than what a fresh "Savage" She-Hulk (who at the time was strong enough to physically challenge Immortal Hulk in his own title) did in the same issue, with a full charging punch, when put in a similar situation. As far as how much power the guy was capable of dishing out in a moment's notice and the worst of times.

And that comic even had the time to naysay a villain's attempt to take down the new Sentry by drawing him into a mentalscape only to be one-shotted despite being a "Matrix One" buffed up version of himself at the time, since Sentry no longer being mentally fractured meant he was as strong in a mental realm as he was in the physical one. Which also supported the entire powered-up, not the same Sentry idea.

I mean, that's way better for an opening act to leave an impression that what some powerhouse type characters received when it was their time in the spotlight. Like World War Hulk, who at least in his core "angrier than ever" revenge return back to Earth event underwhelmed by getting hurt by Thing attacks and otherwise made a laundry list of complaints like indignities to the careers of Doctor Strange and Sentry himself. Or Superboy Prime, who on paper was a solid villain idea for a Crisis, the biggest DC usually gets for events (pent-up angry Pre-Crisis Kryptonian out to terrorize the puny, lower-presentation Post-Crisis heroes) only to walk into rakes like being hurt by characters like Superboy and Hal Jordan just getting up to his face.

And then the few extra moments the merged Sentry got after that were mostly either the kind of stuff that at worst was "more of the same old but sure doesn't hurt" (like making the entire Avengers stand down and let him leave), something that to me was arguably more than that in the case of wiping out the amassed Cancerverse legions in Nova's body when moments before Surfer, Nova and Gladiator's attacks didn't even slow down the thing and Beta Ray Bill was swatted away by a tendril from it, or in the case of Sentry cosplaying as a caped Freddy Krueger to terrorize a random town with reality warping in the Black Panther team comic during what was basically a sleepwalking episode from him, something he flat-out had never done before.

Amazing Member

Maybe it was a mistake on my part, I'll revise it to stable sentry vs darkseid

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

How is Darkseid doing these days, anyhow?

I seem to recall he'd been on something of an ascension after his fall down the power totem in the Post Crisis era.

Any truth to that? Captain Morgan? You tend to be up on the New Gods and their peers in one form or another.

BANNED

He has supposedly gained his ultimate form and took out the quintessence without any problems but then he has struggled against some other mooks albeit powered by the whatitsname fault. It's all nebulous without some solid feats.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm notsure where this Darkseid (pre Flashpoint Emanation?) falls in his power up timeline. He definitely debuted at a higher level in the New 52, but he got turned into a baby for a while and had a bunch of power drains that powered him up back up.