Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    Are Cyborg,Beast Boy,Raven and Starfire popular enough on their own to be called successful? Seems like their popularity is due to them being a group of their own.

Batgirl Barbara Gordon is a well known image-the attractive young woman with red flowing hair- but is she that popular outside of comic books? When was the last time she was used?
    Barbra as Batgirl is getting a new movie and is part of the anticipated Gotham Knights game, both are planned to be released this year.

Only 7 members and no villains I think it'd be:

1. Batman
    2. Superman
    3. Harley Quinn
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. The Flash (either Barry or Wally the average person won't know the difference)
    6. Robin (any, same reason as Flash)
    7. Aquaman (had a billion dollar film so in theory should be higher but needs more well received media adaptations first)

Nightwing, Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Supergirl and Shazam are really close to Aquaman's level imo, I'd put all of them above him pre movie.
    Last edited by The True Detective; 01-24-2022 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post

1. Batman
    2. Supermam
    3. Harley Quinn
    4. Wonder Woman
    5. The Flash (either Barry or Wally the average person won't know the difference)
    7. Aquaman (had a billion dollar film so in theory should be higher but needs more well received media adaptations first)

Nightwing, Hal Jordan, Green Arrow, Supergirl and Shazam are really close to Aquaman's level imo, I'd put all of them above him pre movie.
    Harley Quinn movie flopped so the extent of her popularity is debatable. Being 7th is possibly the right placing.

Retired

Maybe add the Human Target--just for the number of times he's been revived in the comics and on T.V. How he would fit into a super-hero team, I'm not sure. Probably use him sparingly like on ARROW, where he could be just about anyone. He's a field worker, going deep undercover to gather information for the team and to work as a body guard decoy for sensitive targets.

Based on outside media, and excluding villains (sorry Joker, Harley and Catwoman), it’d be:

1. Batman
    2. Superman
    3. Wonder Woman
    4. Aquaman
    5. Flash (Barry)
    6. Robin/Nightwing
    7. Green Lantern (cases can be made for both Hal and John)

Then you’d have Shazam, Green Arrow and the Hawks (I’d give the edge to Hawkgirl currently). A case can also be made for the Titans (Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg) as they’ve been pretty popular and showcased efficiently for the last 20 years as well as the female spin offs (Supergirl and Batgirl).

https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-l...-comics-heroes

Ranker also has an interesting list. The top 30 have remained the same for a while though the positions change depending on push.
    Last edited by El_Gato; 01-23-2022 at 02:32 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

1)Batman (he is the most popular of them all and the one that sells)
    2)Superman (His 1978 movie is the blueprint for every superhero movie)
    3)Wonder Woman (Her popularity saw a rise worldwide in the 70's with Lynda Carter now again with the new movies)
    4)Aquaman (unjustly ridiculed, he got rehabilitated and his revenge, in comics with Johns and by Wan's movie)
    5)Green Lantern (One of the few franchises that at one point managed to beat batman at comics sales)
    6)Flash (A hugely successful TV show although few people outside comic readers know that there are Barry or wally)
    7)Nightwing (he is one of the most popular characters in the Batfam)

After these I will say, Supergirl, The Hawks, Green Arrow, Mera(although she is strictly connected to Aquaman) and Shazam.

It would be a team comprised of:
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Harley Quin
    -- Dick Grayson
    -- Batman

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Harley Quin
    -- Dick Grayson
    -- Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Harley Quinn movie flopped so the extent of her popularity is debatable. Being 7th is possibly the right placing.
    Box office isn't the end-all-be-all, if it was Aquaman should be number 1 since he has the highest grossing DC movie ever. Harley still sells a lot of merchandise, Halloween costumes and was by far the most liked part of the 1st Suicide Squad movie which made $746m worldwide despite it's quality.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Barbra as Batgirl is getting a new movie and is part of the anticipated Gotham Knights game, both are planned to be released this year.
    Oh,yeah? That's cool. Good for her.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post

1. Batman
    2. Superman
    3. Harley Quinn
    4. Wonder Woman

Harley Quinn is a villain. Sometimes? Hasn't she murdered quite a few people?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Maybe add the Human Target--just for the number of times he's been revived in the comics and on T.V. How he would fit into a super-hero team, I'm not sure. Probably use him sparingly like on ARROW, where he could be just about anyone. He's a field worker, going deep undercover to gather information for the team and to work as a body guard decoy for sensitive targets.
    It's not a bad idea. But is he well known? Could you just ask anyone and they would automatically know?

Incredible Member

-- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Harley Quin
    -- Dick Grayson
    -- Batman
    Yeah, and that is a major problem.

Based on Top Tens.com it would be ... by popular vote https://www.thetoptens.com/10-best-superheroes/

-Batman
    -Superman
    -Flash
    -Wonder Woman
    -Green Lantern
    -Nightwing
    -Green Arrow

-- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Harley Quin
    -- Dick Grayson
    -- Batman
    Really? I'm tired of the negativity on this forum!!!

Suggesting everything at DC is Batman. A proper list would look like this!

--Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Batman
    -- Harley Quin
    -- Dick Grayson
    -- Batman
    -- Batgirl