Default Donny Cates teases plans with The Maker (Ultimate Reed Richards)

Donny Cates tweeted something very interesting.

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/...5Es1_&ref_url=

Any theories?

I always wonder if they're ever going to go anywhere with The Maker at this point. Feels like he's just kind of there.

So that was the last place The Maker was seen?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Theories? That scene is from Venom #200, and it was quite explicit on the Maker's plans. He's back at the Ultimate universe, he wants to be accepted into the Council of Reeds, and for that he has to restore his universe to its former glory, and plans to do that by launching a full scale invasion to replace the 616 universe with his own.

If Marvel is actually going to release that event, that's another story. The seeds are planted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So that was the last place The Maker was seen?
    Last we saw of him was him returning to the Ultimate Universe where some destructive event had apparently happened (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Last we saw of him was him returning to the Ultimate Universe where some destructive event had apparently happened (again).
    Only partially true. Yes, that was the last time we saw him... on his own. We have seen him again in Venom #200, along with a summary of his plans since then, but that was Brock talking about him, we did not see him in person.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Wow....I'm glad I checked this thread. I didn't realize the Maker was still out there. I assumed he survived the rebuild of the universe after Secret Wars ended but I never saw him pop up anywhere in the Fantastic Four. And The Council of Reeds is back too? I thought the Celestials killed them all but then that was before Secret Wars got underway. I can understand that writers don't want to step on each others toes but I'm surprised this isn't a Fantastic Four story.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Wow....I'm glad I checked this thread. I didn't realize the Maker was still out there. I assumed he survived the rebuild of the universe after Secret Wars ended but I never saw him pop up anywhere in the Fantastic Four. And The Council of Reeds is back too? I thought the Celestials killed them all but then that was before Secret Wars got underway. I can understand that writers don't want to step on each others toes but I'm surprised this isn't a Fantastic Four story.

I'm still waiting for the Maker vs Doom story we never got. Damn Mephisto ruining everything at the last second.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

He was used in the Ultimates book (the one with Carol, Monica, Blue Marvel, T'Challa and America Chavez) during ANAD, and then sporadically throughout Cates' Venom run.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

It's so hard these days to be able to keep up with characters because you have to have a good sized bankroll to buy all the titles these days. At least Marvel Unlimited helps but you have to know where to look. I find out a lot of info here on the boards that helps track down this kind of thing.

To be fair, the Council of Reeds had already been used post-Secret Wars and before Venom in the "Marvel Two In One" comic (when the Thing and the Human Torch thought that Reed and Sue were dead, and Doom was being Iron Man).

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    To be fair, the Council of Reeds had already been used post-Secret Wars and before Venom in the "Marvel Two In One" comic (when the Thing and the Human Torch thought that Reed and Sue were dead, and Doom was being Iron Man).
    Oh, you are right but that Council looked like the more benevolent members and Reed Prime was there too. I like to qualify who is "our" Reed by calling him Prime since Marvel frowns on the 616 number.

This looks like they might be a dark version of the Council. Remember the original council had a member that killed his universe's Doom, who was more benign, and then dissected his brain to graft part of it onto his own. In fact I think there were several of the Reeds that were a bit shady.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Thanks. It really worries me that he’s out there left to his own devices lol.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 02-15-2022 at 04:32 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doom'nGloom View Post
    I'm still waiting for the Maker vs Doom story we never got. Damn Mephisto ruining everything at the last second.
    As a Spider-Man fan who lived through One More Day and then the conclusion of Nick Spencer's run on ASM . . . I feel your pain. That said, yeah, an especially evil version of Reed Richards plotting away somewhere in the vastness of the Marvel Multiverse . . . not a good thing. At all.
    The spider is always on the hunt.