Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

So which title was your favorite?

Which individual book did you like best?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    So which title was your favorite?

Which individual book did you like best?
    I think Fantastic Four would have to be my favourite title so far, just by default. I've read more issues of that than anything else yet. The artwork is cool but the writing is so psychedelically cheesy and surrealistically nonsensical. The Mole Man? The Skrulls as cows? A godlike villain who turns out to just be a hypnotist? It's improving, though, with the return of Sub-Mariner and the introduction of Doctor Doom.

My favourite individual book would have to be Amazing Fantasy #15. Of all the origin stories I've read so far, the Fantastic Four's, Henry Pym Ant-Man's, the Incredible Hulk's, and Thor's, Spidey's has gotta be the best.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James T. Kirk View Post
    I think Fantastic Four would have to be my favourite title so far, just by default. I've read more issues of that than anything else yet. The artwork is cool but the writing is so psychedelically cheesy and surrealistically nonsensical. The Mole Man? The Skrulls as cows? A godlike villain who turns out to just be a hypnotist? It's improving, though, with the return of Sub-Mariner and the introduction of Doctor Doom.

My favourite individual book would have to be Amazing Fantasy #15. Of all the origin stories I've read so far, the Fantastic Four's, Henry Pym Ant-Man's, the Incredible Hulk's, and Thor's, Spidey's has gotta be the best.
    Ditko's Spider-Man is the most relatable, by far, that's for sure. And now that I think about it, the rest of them are draw by Kirby, aren't they?

I agree, the FF is the most innovative and "out there" of the first books. Kirby and Lee are trying lots of things in the beginning. When Subby and Doom appear, I think things start to move toward the MU as we know it. And DOOM, of course is just awesome.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ditko's Spider-Man is the most relatable, by far, that's for sure. And now that I think about it, the rest of them are draw by Kirby, aren't they?

I agree, the FF is the most innovative and "out there" of the first books. Kirby and Lee are trying lots of things in the beginning. When Subby and Doom appear, I think things start to move toward the MU as we know it. And DOOM, of course is just awesome.
    Yep, that's right. It's clear that Ditko drew a lotta the sci-fi and mystery stories in the anthology titles like Tales to Astonish, but of all the superhero stories I've read so far, Spidey's is the only one Kirby didn't draw.

Is it me, or is there a glitch in the Marvel Unlimited app such that issues that have the same publication date sometimes switch around? I'm trying to read everything in publication order but I just noticed now that the next issue I'm supposed to read is one I already read yesterday, and the last issue I just read comes just after one I haven't read yet. Starting to get on my nerves.