Amazing Member

Default Wally West and Wally West

In DCU: Rebirth #1, Wally 1 narrates to the reader that Wally 2 is his cousin.

In The Flash Vol 5 #9, Wally 1 and Wally 2 finally meet each other, but Wally 1 doesn't reveal who he is.

In Titans Vol 3 #11 and Teen Titans Vol 6 #8, Wally 2 is shocked to learn that the other Flash is also named Wally West. Wally 1 says he owes him an explanation but now is not the time.

Is there an issue where Wally 1 explains to Wally 2 how they are related or is this assumed to have happened off-panel?

Also, can anyone tell me in what issue each character is called by his full name Wallace Rudolph West?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Wally 2 goes by Wallace now, and has been for a while. I dopn't recall exactly when Wallace learns about Wally, but that was solved before Flash War, I beleieve.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NetSpiker View Post
    Is there an issue where Wally 1 explains to Wally 2 how they are related or is this assumed to have happened off-panel?
    There never was such conversation between the two but Wally 2 now called Wallace learns he exists because of Barry creating Flashpoint during Flash War.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I think this issue was the first time they actually talked.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/1...ally-met-wally

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Wally 2 goes by Wallace now, and has been for a while.
    Yeah, but there wasn't really a moment where that happened - it was a "suddenly between issues" thing, and even Barry's narration and characters (like Meena) who explicitly hadn't talked to him between those issues were suddenly calling him "Wallace". Honestly, it seemed like an editor had Ctrl-H'd "Wally" to "Wallace" with no particular thought for context.

Incredible Member

I think it happened off panel.

Wallace learns Wally's names diring Lazarus Contract, then in a Flash issue he told Barry something like " do you know what Damian did to the other Wally?", after that he helps to resurrect Wally during the Dark Troia arc on Titans, and by the time of The Flash Annual - Prologue to Flash War, we can see they are hanging out with Barry after defeating a villain, so they are in good terms at that moment and Wallace knows Wally is also Iris' nephew.

I don't know if at some moment Wallace says "wait I minute, so uncle Rudolph faked being my father for years?", and what really amazes me is that his mother has never appeared in any story, as far as I know.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I think it happened off panel.

Wallace learns Wally's names diring Lazarus Contract, then in a Flash issue he told Barry something like " do you know what Damian did to the other Wally?", after that he helps to resurrect Wally during the Dark Troia arc on Titans, and by the time of The Flash Annual - Prologue to Flash War, we can see they are hanging out with Barry after defeating a villain, so they are in good terms at that moment and Wallace knows Wally is also Iris' nephew.

I don't know if at some moment Wallace says "wait I minute, so uncle Rudolph faked being my father for years?", and what really amazes me is that his mother has never appeared in any story, as far as I know.
    The botched origin makes it harder for me to imagine the character having a strong connection to the mythos in the comics.