Default Adam (Record of Ragnarok) vs Jin Mori (The God of High School)

Who takes this?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Current Mori, or so I'm lead to believe, has a better version of yeoui and has reached or eclipsed his Ragnarok War levels of power so he should utterly cook Adam without issue.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Forgive me ignorance, I don’t know Mori that well.

Is he FTL? Because I think Adam is supposed to be.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Forgive me ignorance, I don’t know Mori that well.

Is he FTL? Because I think Adam is supposed to be.
    Adam is a bit of weird one to suss out.

In the manga, he dodges Zeus' progressively faster punches which are timestamped as follows:

0.01 seconds
    0.001 seconds
    0.0001 seconds
    0.00001 seconds

All of the above are not in the lightspeed bracket.

Meteor Jab which is a flurry of punches either taking 0.00000001 seconds to happen all told or or one of those flurry punches to happen. It's unclear how many hits he throws but if he throw enough blows (as in like hundreds), this would be edging into the lightspeed sort of bracket. But I'm inclined to call this sublight speed as well. If it's punch taking 0.00000001 seconds, then it's not light speed.

All that said Adam dodges it all by dint of his Eyes of God allowing him to copy and match it on sight, his thing basically being "anything the gods can do, I can now do if I see it once," Similarly his copy ability is so potent, he only needs to see even the beginning of a move to instantly match it.

Zeus then uses Fist That Surpassed Time which is... apparently a fist that moves him so fast that time stops. Adam's copy ability apparently works so instantaneously that he still sees it even in the frozen time and then takes the move for himself instantly matching speed. It's worth noting that Ares was like "I couldn't see this happen," whereas everyone present can pretty much see the rest of the fight, despite Zeus powering up, can see their blows just fine. So they apparently didn't go as fast for the back half of the fight?

So, is it that Adam is just able to become fast enough to transcend time? Or is that he learnt a technique that executes a timestop, a la Jotaro in JJBA for example.

All of this is to say, outside of apparent timestop shenanigans, Adam is not FTL by the figures given in the series.

His strength feats are also basically non-existent in terms of what we can parse because he did no real lasting damage to Zeus, best feat would be breaking his neck in the frozen time which he healed pretty easily, and then hitting him hundreds of time to no real effect beyond tiring him out. Since all his feats are hitting Zeus, it's hard to know what the deal is.

Conversely, Mori has a library of much more easily defined feats. Guy effortlessly blitzes people who are dashing between countries within seconds, wields a weapon so heavy that a being capable of shoving planets around tore its own arms off trying to hold it up, his weapon is also capable of smashing Jupiter sized objects out of the Solar System at lightspeed or above speeds, and Mori can freely multiply his power on the fly to the level where him kicking /near/ the sun temporarily extinguished it.

And those are all Ragnarok War feats, a level he has supposedly surpassed and he now has a better version of the weapon described above.

Also, he is an absolute skill monster. And, he should still have the Seven Lord (which allows for massive area of effect autonomous spike attacks) the Armour Suit which massively amps his durability and speed and he can make clones of himself which are equal to 80% of his power on a whim at little no cost to himself.

Adam is powerful but Mori has a billion options and isn't going to just go "let's have a punching contest," like Zeus did.

Or worse case, Mori just puts on the Armour Suit and does what Zeus did until Adam's brain starts to explode.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-23-2022 at 10:00 AM.