Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Best read for a Cable fan: Phalanx Covenant or X-Tinction Agenda

As the title reads, I’m looking for a good Cable inclusive trade paperback and I’m currently spotting these two.
    Which one would you recommend

Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by Dcnewb View Post
    As the title reads, I’m looking for a good Cable inclusive trade paperback and I’m currently spotting these two.
    Which one would you recommend

Cheers..
    Between the two I would say X-Tinction Agenda, though I loved Phalanx Covenant also.
    But when I think of Cable, X-Cutioner's Song always instantly comes to mind.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Between the two I would say X-Tinction Agenda, though I loved Phalanx Covenant also.
    But when I think of Cable, X-Cutioner's Song always instantly comes to mind.
    That makes sense but I’m just not in the mood for Stryfe lol, I just finished reading Cable’s Nemesis Contract and that featured Stryfe.

That makes sense but I’m just not in the mood for Stryfe lol, I just finished reading Cable’s Nemesis Contract and that featured Stryfe.
    Haha, I completely understand!

Spectacular Member

Haha, I completely understand!
    Despite being a fan of cable I just can’t do Stryfe in big doses, dunno why but he’s a bit annoying.

So would you say Xtinction agenda is better than phalanx covenant due to cable being featured more or is the story better?

Despite being a fan of cable I just can’t do Stryfe in big doses, dunno why but he’s a bit annoying.

So would you say Xtinction agenda is better than phalanx covenant due to cable being featured more or is the story better?
    I like the story more because it feels like a very big event where PC felt a bit more contained. I know Cable's book at the time had one issue connected to the Phalanx story, but if I remember correctly it was a bit disconnected from the main plot imo. Whereas all the titles in X-Tinction Agenda were connected to the main plot for the most part.

X-Tinction Agenda. He had a bigger role in that. Plus, Jim Lee drawn Cable looked awesome…

Keep in mind, though, this is before he was revealed to have any powers at all. So he never displays any. He just kicks ass with conventional weaponry and fists. Which is still cool.

More Cable badassery from X-Tinction Agenda…

*Like the Bon Jovi song, man… wanted, dead or alive.

*I loved that spiked wrist gauntlet and hope Caselli brings it back as part of a costume redesign for X-men Red; would really fit well with Storm’s new look.

*I miss Logan smoking cigs.

Ok, it's time for me to re-read X-Tinction. The scans did it.

Astonishing Member

Phalanx only had two issues with Cable. X-Tinction Agenda will give you more Cable. I like Jon Bogdanove's artwork but this cover was a terrible Cable work.

Ok, it's time for me to re-read X-Tinction. The scans did it.
    Yep, same here.

I have to buy it TPB though.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Phalanx only had two issues with Cable. X-Tinction Agenda will give you more Cable. I like Jon Bogdanove's artwork but this cover was a terrible Cable work.
    That's true, and why I suggested X-Tinction Agenda. Having said that, the two issues of Phalanx Covenant featuring Cable and Logan teaming up with Scott and Jean were pretty awesome. The Wolverine issue, drawn by Adam Kubert, was beautifully illustrated and has some of my favorite panels of both Logan and Nathan. I especially love the Cable image of him "getting physical" after he's essentially knocked out of the Astral Plane, where he grabs his gun and starts unloading on the Phalanx. I'd post it but cannot find it anywhere online. But he's big and burly and firing a massive firearm, and this in my mind is the essence of Cable. Built like a brick $#!thouse and armed for combat.

BANNED

X-Tinction Agenda but it dragged a bit in the end. Still the final issue with Alex, Scott, Jean and Logan teaming up was a firecracker plus I also liked how Cable and Storm played their role in that book. Storm in that book was a game changer
    Last edited by Vishop; 01-24-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I especially love the Cable image of him "getting physical" after he's essentially knocked out of the Astral Plane, where he grabs his gun and starts unloading on the Phalanx. I'd post it but cannot find it anywhere online. But he's big and burly and firing a massive firearm, and this in my mind is the essence of Cable. Built like a brick $#!thouse and armed for combat.
    I don't remember that, but sure does sound so awesome. So like... Cable

Cable was a good element to the overall plot of X-tinction Agenda. There were just so many other characters that had stuff going on. He was a bad ass when he showed up.