Losers: Chuck and Mags for doing dirt
    The Hellions and Xfactor smh
    Kid Omega his story was all over the place and went nowhere imo
    Colossus by being a flunkie by his brother and not even realizing it
    Jubilee
    Iceman
    Moria
    And Darwin because well because everyone has forgotten him
    Darwin's case is both win and loss, win because he was resurrected on Krakoa , and a possible win for Darwin inside vault because although it remains to be seen I suspect he survives and adapts as a mutant/CoV hybrid but that very fact may be a loss for Krakoa when the CoV are unleashed and he sides with them( if he feels vault technology is a more effective evolutionary catalyst)

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Winner: Wanda!… The redeemer.
    I'm amazed at the hoops they've jumped through just to sanitize this one character.

Incredible Member

Winner: Synch, Wanda,Jean, Logan
    Loser: Beast, Banshee, Angel

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    I'm amazed at the hoops they've jumped through just to sanitize this one character.
    And the editors that pushed most this redemption narrative were the same ones that allowed all the Disassembled/House of M non-sense.

Winners: Emma Frost, Synch, Sunfire, Polaris, X23, Kwannon, Apocalypse, Moira, Mystique, Destiny
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    My girl Wind Dancer rejoined the franchise after nearly 15 years of neglect, she got her powers back, and she got a nice role in media production.
    Agree 100% and I’m very happy to see it.

And it kills me to say it but Jubilee did not do well in the Krakoa era thus far. Aside from one brief (admittedly cool) display of off-the-leash powers she’s mostly been relegated to the role of glorified extra in a mislabeled Betsy solo. Gambit and Rogue can definitely sympathize. These are some of the X-men’s flashiest and most engaging characters, but under Tini’s pen they’ve been anything but and it makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

I agree with most of the above with the following exception

Winner: Apocalypse, for convincing the X-office to mostly sweep his past crimes under the rug and let him get away with most of what he wanted. And also mindcontrolling Rictor into being his hype man.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    In terms of my fandom, I'll say Magik has been a winner. She hasn't been the focus of any stories yet, but that's going to change in April, and her appearances have overall been quite good. She's been elevated in importance to X-Men as a whole and has been transformed from an inherently tragic character into a hopeful one.
    I would not have been surprised if someone predicted Magik was in for big things, but even so, her arc in this Krakoan age has impressed me, and I totally would *not* have expected Cypher to be the *other* breakout New Mutant!

While they aren't 'losers,' IMO, Sunspot and Cannonball have gotten short shrift by comparison, and Karma and Wolfsbane deserve much better. (Rahne in particular seems to have been aged down to look more like Arya Stark.)

Moonstar and Magma? Definitely feel like they've been utterly forgotten in this era. Magma seems like she would have been totally suited to work on the Mars terraforming project (I get they wanted to 'just have Omegas' do it, but I would have liked it better if *hundreds* of mutants worked together to do it, including earthmovers and telekinetics and pyrokinetics and power-enhancers like Chance and Cortez, etc.). As for Moonstar, there was a whole Asgardian realms thing going on not too terribly long ago, and I feel like she should have gotten a shot there.

And where the heck is Boom-Boom? (kidding, I don't really care that much, she's too good to be hanging around on an island without electricity, indoor plumbing or shopping malls)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would not have been surprised if someone predicted Magik was in for big things, but even so, her arc in this Krakoan age has impressed me, and I totally would *not* have expected Cypher to be the *other* breakout New Mutant!

While they aren't 'losers,' IMO, Sunspot and Cannonball have gotten short shrift by comparison, and Karma and Wolfsbane deserve much better. (Rahne in particular seems to have been aged down to look more like Arya Stark.)

Moonstar and Magma? Definitely feel like they've been utterly forgotten in this era. Magma seems like she would have been totally suited to work on the Mars terraforming project (I get they wanted to 'just have Omegas' do it, but I would have liked it better if *hundreds* of mutants worked together to do it, including earthmovers and telekinetics and pyrokinetics and power-enhancers like Chance and Cortez, etc.). As for Moonstar, there was a whole Asgardian realms thing going on not too terribly long ago, and I feel like she should have gotten a shot there.

And where the heck is Boom-Boom? (kidding, I don't really care that much, she's too good to be hanging around on an island without electricity, indoor plumbing or shopping malls)
    I think Sunspot could be considered a loser just because Hickman decided to toss out all the development he had under Ewing’s pen in AIM and USavengers. I’m glad he’s back under Ewing’s pen at least.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I think Sunspot could be considered a loser just because Hickman decided to toss out all the development he had under Ewing’s pen in AIM and USavengers. I’m glad he’s back under Ewing’s pen at least.
    No, Hickman didn't forget anything. He said Roberto and Sam were going to star in an Imperial Guard related book, but that was scrapped, hence they didn't do anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, Hickman didn't forget anything. He said Roberto and Sam were going to star in an Imperial Guard related book, but that was scrapped, hence they didn't do anything.
    To each their own, but the Roberto who showed up in the early arcs of New Mutants was not a continuation of the one from under Ewing’s pen but just a reversion to how he acted when Hickman had last wrote him.

Omega Sentinel won so hard, getting to be the big bad of this era.
    Karima herself took a fat L tho, being the victim of yet another hostile body and mind takeover (from the fuuuuuture!)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Hickman has revealed that his plans for Sam and Roberto fell through, but Roberto is getting some love in X-Men Red now. Moonstar, yeah, she got demoted to Counselor Troi and outside of her fight with Karma in the Crucible hasn't seemed very competent. As for Magma, I think it's long since time to accept that she's never going to be a thing. She was the most boring character Claremont ever created and hasn't been interesting since 1984. No writer has ever made her compelling in nearly 40 years, and no one is going to suddenly discover some hidden potential which has gone untapped for so long. It's not like Doug who was dead for 20 years, a hint of his potential was shown when he returned, and then Hickman came along and found a niche where Doug's powers made him suddenly relevant and important. It would take a complete reinvention of the character from the ground up just to give her a hint of personality.