Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post
    Who do you think benefited the most from the Krakoa island nation?
    In-Character (IC) In the actual Storylines? Cypher, Storm, Sinister, and Emma. All 4 have achieved a status so high, and each has an influence on a scale that would probably be mind-boggling if the full scope were actually revealed. Cypher is practically Krakoa's secret God-King ruling everything, and everyone from behind the scenes. Emma's financial, and political clout, is terrifying when you really consider her reach. While Sinister is quite literally holding all the winning cards for Mutantkind's future survival (or destruction) in his hand, and no one realizes it. And Storm is the regent of, and prime representative for the Sol/Solar System at this point in time.
    Out-Of-Character (OOC) As writing, and character establishment? Moria is the core of this whole new series, and direction for the X-Universe. If Moria is the trunk of the tree, then the members of the Quiet Council are the thickest branches, from which everyone else is but smaller branches (Logan, Jean, and Scott), leaves (The Five, The Hellions), and seeds (Fabian Cortez, QQ, the Stepford Cuckoos, the Arrakii).
    The Losers? IC, anyone who goes into exile/the Pit, (Sabretooth), or is denied resurrection. Moria, Havok, and Rockslide.
    OOC, Beast, it is like they are dragging the heroic blue version through so much dirt, and grime, until he comes out like the AoA Dark version, am I wrong? The Arrakii, it feels like a lot of potential is being wasted especially when you consider the Orchis threat and what Nimrod could put them through.
    Also understand that all of this is subject to complete, and total, possible change depending on 3 In-Real-Life (IRL) factors. Writers, editors, and sales.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentor007 View Post
    OOC, Beast, it is like they are dragging the heroic blue version through so much dirt, and grime, until he comes out like the AoA Dark version, am I wrong?
    I totally prefer Dark Beast at this point. Yes, he was a scumbag and a villain and a terrible person, but he was honest with himself and true to his (horrible) convictions. He was hateable, but at least consistently so, not trying to sadly justify his atrocities under some flimsy pretense at a greater good.

616 Hank is worse than Dark Beast, because he's a monster *who thinks he's right.*

The Arrakii, it feels like a lot of potential is being wasted especially when you consider the Orchis threat and what Nimrod could put them through.
    I'm not in love with the whole idea of the Arakki, a hundred or so mutants who left the world to fight an endless army of demons, had their most powerful leaders co-opted and join said army of demons, and yet still somehow thrived and expanded to a nation of over sixteen *million* mutants, despite the sketchy fact that mutants kids aren't always mutants (Graydon Creed, frex) and the vast majority of mutants spend 10-15 years as powerless humans pre-puberty, in a world of might-makes-right supremacists and endless hordes of genocidal demons...

It feels like there's a whole lot missing about what went on in Amenth all those years.

But that said, since it exists, it's a done deal, and now I'm not thrilled with how they've been handled. White Sword, in X of Swords, had a dozen of his (supposedly) mutant followers attack Gorgon, and not a single one of them had a darn super-power or visible mutation. They were just Conan extras with swords. Just one of them with a visible mutation, or an actual super-power, could have changed the whole tone of that boring slaughter.

I almost feel like the X-writers in general have no interest in Hickman sort of plotzing down 16 million Arakki and walking out the door, and are sort of hoping that editorial will allow Moira to die and reset the status quo, or Orchis can Genosha them (after detonating some psi-jammer bomb that corrupts their telepathic downloads so that they can't be resurrected), or they can go inhabit some other solar system or pocket dimension (hey, the new lords of Limbo! Or Live World! Or Mojo World! Or Otherworld! Or one of the many other weird dimensions out in the X-continuity) and become Somebody Else's Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    Bishop was evil not that long ago and trying to kill Hope and now he's in a position of power like this. While still really doing nothing. feels weird.
    Wasn't he possessed, though?

Fantastic Member

Doug is the major winner in this era, from the weakest mutant member of a team, and now he is one of who is control of the nation.
    Inspite he is weak he has strong friends at his back (Krakoa, warlock, magik, Bea)

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    No, the possession happened after the Hope storyline ended, while he was trapped in the future and trying to atone for what he'd done.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I always wonder if there's more than one DB, because shortly before the Messiah war arc, Warpath and Ghost Rider banished demon bear(or destroyed it) and yet in Messiah War ,James couldn't sense DB in Bishop at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I always wonder if there's more than one DB, because shortly before the Messiah war arc, Warpath and Ghost Rider banished demon bear(or destroyed it) and yet in Messiah War ,James couldn't sense DB in Bishop at all?
    Hmm well.. alternate universe, and time lines means alternate Demon Bears?

Oh also the Messiah War stuff, since it was a "possible future" Bishop rationalized it as fake casualties in a timeline that wasn't real.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmm well.. alternate universe, and time lines means alternate Demon Bears?

Oh also the Messiah War stuff, since it was a "possible future" Bishop rationalized it as fake casualties in a timeline that wasn't real.
    I thought that universe wasn't alternate, just very very far into the future because Domino and Deadpool recognised each other from the same timeline I presume(though with Deadpool's 4th wall shenanigans who knows?) anyway it all depends on if DB was banished ,maybe it came back in the interim ,but if it was destroyed ,it would be a hard sell in the same continuum how it got back.To cap it all off the strange thing is writers didn't hint that Warpath noticed DB in Bishop after supposedly 'vanquishing' it but the opposite , James couldn't even sense it which was bizzare as his tribe could sense it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I totally prefer Dark Beast at this point. Yes, he was a scumbag and a villain and a terrible person, but he was honest with himself and true to his (horrible) convictions. He was hateable, but at least consistently so, not trying to sadly justify his atrocities under some flimsy pretense at a greater good.

616 Hank is worse than Dark Beast, because he's a monster *who thinks he's right.*

I'm not in love with the whole idea of the Arakki, a hundred or so mutants who left the world to fight an endless army of demons, had their most powerful leaders co-opted and join said army of demons, and yet still somehow thrived and expanded to a nation of over sixteen *million* mutants, despite the sketchy fact that mutants kids aren't always mutants (Graydon Creed, frex) and the vast majority of mutants spend 10-15 years as powerless humans pre-puberty, in a world of might-makes-right supremacists and endless hordes of genocidal demons...

It feels like there's a whole lot missing about what went on in Amenth all those years.

But that said, since it exists, it's a done deal, and now I'm not thrilled with how they've been handled. White Sword, in X of Swords, had a dozen of his (supposedly) mutant followers attack Gorgon, and not a single one of them had a darn super-power or visible mutation. They were just Conan extras with swords. Just one of them with a visible mutation, or an actual super-power, could have changed the whole tone of that boring slaughter.

I almost feel like the X-writers in general have no interest in Hickman sort of plotzing down 16 million Arakki and walking out the door, and are sort of hoping that editorial will allow Moira to die and reset the status quo, or Orchis can Genosha them (after detonating some psi-jammer bomb that corrupts their telepathic downloads so that they can't be resurrected), or they can go inhabit some other solar system or pocket dimension (hey, the new lords of Limbo! Or Live World! Or Mojo World! Or Otherworld! Or one of the many other weird dimensions out in the X-continuity) and become Somebody Else's Problem.
    Moira's death won't do anything, she is de-powered so the reality is locked in, the only way to undo this is through time travel to change reality of Inferno #4.I don't think it is in writers' plans.

I thought that universe wasn't alternate, just very very far into the future because Domino and Deadpool recognised each other from the same timeline I presume(though with Deadpool's 4th wall shenanigans who knows?) anyway it all depends on if DB was banished ,maybe it came back in the interim ,but if it was destroyed ,it would be a hard sell in the same continuum how it got back.To cap it all off the strange thing is writers didn't hint that Warpath noticed DB in Bishop after supposedly 'vanquishing' it but the opposite , James couldn't even sense it which was bizzare as his tribe could sense it.
    Well, I don't think Demon Bear is actually why Bishop did any of that Messiah War stuff. That was all a result of Bishop using "the ends justify the means" and thinking that his crimes would disappear if he succeeded. Thus, all those people who died when he set an entire CONTINENT on fire? nope didn't happen. Or so the logic went anyways.

All-New Member

Actually Moria could conceivibly, and possibly get her powers back, isn't Forge's nullifier temporary? There is also the possibility of reattaching her severed arm, that wasn't depowered. I still stand by my theory that Moria doesn't actually reset any timelines, I think she just moves to a new one when she dies. Omega Sentinel's reveal in Inferno kind of implies that after she died, time still continued, the mutants got released from the prison, and thwarted the Phalanx consumption of Earth.

I still stand by my theory that Moria doesn't actually reset any timelines, I think she just moves to a new one when she dies. Omega Sentinel's reveal in Inferno kind of implies that after she died, time still continued, the mutants got released from the prison, and thwarted the Phalanx consumption of Earth.
    That would be a good way to bring the real Moira back.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Actually Moria could conceivibly, and possibly get her powers back, isn't Forge's nullifier temporary? There is also the possibility of reattaching her severed arm, that wasn't depowered. I still stand by my theory that Moria doesn't actually reset any timelines, I think she just moves to a new one when she dies. Omega Sentinel's reveal in Inferno kind of implies that after she died, time still continued, the mutants got released from the prison, and thwarted the Phalanx consumption of Earth.
    Who said that Moira died in Omega Sentinel'a timeline? There is nothing to support that claim.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Who said that Moira died in Omega Sentinel'a timeline? There is nothing to support that claim.
    Yep ,in fact who knows if she didn't ascend to send OS back..that weird phalanx 'appendage' looks very much like foreshadowing

Moira's death won't do anything, she is de-powered so the reality is locked in, the only way to undo this is through time travel to change reality of Inferno #4.I don't think it is in writers' plans.
    Not necessarily. I’m sure that Sinister has her DNA on file and it’s been shown that mutants who were depowered and go through the resurrection protocol have their powers restored. So it stands to reason that if she died and was resurrected, she’d gain her powers back. Of course, this most likely isn’t what she wants considering that she more than likely views her powers as a curse rather than a gift.