Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Call me Alex

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Oh I was talking about actual, physical rape. It's messed up, but you should track down that annual (or a reprint) as well. Great story, but just awful for Carol. The Rogue thing was secondary.
    I read the issue I know what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Cyclops was right for kicking him off. He disobeyed orders, endangered the team, aaaaand was nonchalant about the whole ordeal. Lots of times, apologizing for punishing someone who did something wrong leads to that person not learning their lesson.

Damn. I said "Cyclops was right"...
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    they are using them in the comic? did you read the book?
    I think you are confusing what really happened with AvX with what would have happened if Cyclops had listened the Avengers; and to be fair, they werent even using that Gambit's staff with Starktech upgrades.

(And i thought that i hated the avengers, but this is getting ridiculous. )

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    (And i thought that i hated the avengers, but this is getting ridiculous. )
    and WHY would characters like luke cage and wolverine need big batons with them if they weren't anti-mutant weapons?? since when have you known all of the avengers to carry big tech all at once if it wasn't for a specific purpose?

and WHY would characters like luke cage and wolverine need big batons with them if they weren't anti-mutant weapons?? since when have you known all of the avengers to carry big tech all at once if it wasn't for a specific purpose?
    Maybe they wanted to carry a big stick or maybe it was because they were compensating for something.

And to be sincere, to be "anti-mutant" weapons, those things are pretty useless and harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Maybe they wanted to carry a big stick or maybe it was because they were compensating for something.

And to be sincere, to be "anti-mutant" weapons, those things are pretty useless and harmless.
    Stark "Buster" tech, guaranteed to fail despite intentions to the otherwise.

BANNED

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

All this seems irrelevant imo since we never SEE the Avengers using those weapons during the battle with the X-Men were they probably wouldn't have been more effective than the powers and other weapons the Avengers brought. Btw those prods don't even match the description of the weapons Cable gave.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Hate to butt in, but I'm pretty sure those big sticks from AvX #1 are what non-flying, squishy Avengers were going to use to get down to the ground safely before Colossus merked the hellicarrier.

All-New Member

I'm not quite certain how "public knowledge" Dark Cyclops actually is in the 616 (although realistically it would be pretty high). It doesn't mean, either way, that he wouldn't have supporters for his goal of mutant equality. But it certainly doesn't mean he has 100% support, either.
    We have been shown what the public is/has been thinking, and it was made clear that the whole Dark Phoenix incident is only known to those that was there. The public was questioning why he had gotten arrested.

If he did in fact still have supporters, then the point is remains that Alex's comment was unreasonable. The people who hate mutants, like the Purifiers, hate mutants because of what they represent, not because of the actions of Cyclops or any other. These are the tyoe of people who would kill a bunch of depowered mutant children and blow up an entire hospital wing of pregnant women and newborns just to kill one mutant. And I said "to a good majority" of them. Never claimed it was 100%, because as I just said, there are those who will hate mutants regardless of what they do.

And t's unclear whether Red Skull hypnotized people to hate mutants and attack them, or simply attack mutants because they hated them. Very different things, as he could have hypnotized them to hate mutants, but not attack them as well.
    The people were shown hanging with said mutants beforehand, without any indication there were any bad feeling between them. The trouble only came after the Red Skull's action. And exactly what reason would he have had to have them not attack mutants?

As I mentioned though, there's going to be lingering thoughts about what happened (as I see no mention of anyone mind-wiping what Red Skull did), and part of Avengers PR would be to assuage that.
    One would expect that would be done immediately after such an event, when it was still fresh, instead of it possibly coming up months later if ever. Instead, all they cared about was talking about themselves.