Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me Alex

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I dont now if Teen Jean would find Cable or X-man attractive ?.................................
    Nate Grey is less an alt Cable and more an alt Jean, so of course Jean would be attracted to him. She did kind of come on to him during the Onslaught Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    He is writing Alex in All New X-Factor, and Alex is being a creeper.
    *sigh* So sorry Peter David has to deal with that hot mess, even temporarily.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Errr...

Yes, Wanda DID seek out power on her own. She even made dealings with Doctor Doom behind everyone's back to get the power she needed. Wanda naturally underestimated the power she wanted and it lead to her creating House of M and Decimation. Wanda isn't innocent, the power wasn't forced upon her as she specifically sought it out for herself.

Cyclops never wanted to be the Phoenix Host and was never meant to be its Host that's why things went south as the Phoenix started become whole again and exerted more and more of its influence over Cyclops who had no means to resist its growing power nor control it. This is, of course, the Avengers fault as they forced the Phoenix to split into 5 parts to create the Phoenix 5 than attacked the Phoenix until he was able to manipulate Cyclops and Emma to fight for dominance to have the Phoenix become whole again so it could do what it set out to do in the first place.

Jean didn't have a choice either, like Cyclops the Phoenix was forced upon her. The main difference is that she was selected to be its Host and could somewhat control it at times. The only Host who ever fully controlled the Phoenix is the Phoenix Child - Rachel Grey-Summers. For all others the Phoenix went wild due to mortal elements, such are constant attacks on its Host, and it remained far beyond its original purpose for being around.

Please stop twisting things to suit your own mistaken view.

Cyclops never sought the Phoenix for himself. It was FORCED upon him by the AVENGERS and more and more of the Phoenix was forced onto him as the Avengers took out the Phoenix 5 members thus causing the Phoenix to gain more and more control as it started getting closer to being whole again.

At that point, when Cyclops attacked Emma during ANOTHER unprovoked Avengers attack, the Phoenix manipulated Cyclops AND Emma to fight it out for dominance, which wasn't really showcased in the TPB stuff, because the Phoenix wanted to be whole. Once it was whole it drove Cyclops completly insane, heck Cyclops BEGGED them to kill him when they fought him as the Dark Phoenix because he couldn't control the Phoenix as he was never meant to be its Host in the first place.

Which, once again, is the Avengers fault.

If you're going to try and argue a point at least get the context of what you're arguing right first as it REALLY hurts what you're trying to say when you outright lie and twist events by conveniently ignoring all other points to try and fit the point you want to make.
    *sniff that was BEAUTIFUL! *claps

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    All Cyclops did was correctly guess what the Phoenix was coming to Earth for. It seemed a crazy notion at the time to presume that the Phoenix wanted to restore mutantkind but that WAS the case, Tony confirmed it. Hardly makes him a bigot.
    I think that one fact fomr that awful mess that was AvsX was that everything started because:
    a) the phoenix was destroying planets in her pathwa toward earth, something that had never happened before and don't make any sense in the context of cosmic beings(not even Galactus destroy allplanets on his path unless he is feeding, for Kirby sake!) Alos why did the phoenix force just manifested on earth already and ha dto physically travel? These incongruencies had never been explored nor explained
    b) The Avengers know all this from....Sam alexander the WORST NOVA EVER aka Shame of the galaxy aka the character that make you revaluate Sentry aka ***** that kid(don't know if it is clear but i don't like that kid at all) who presented the his pčartial view of facts(he was copletely absent for the event , evne if he essentially started it) Eventually got confirm from space analysis(that never worked anywhere as good in past nor in present) checked wiht Beast and Wolverien whose view is kind of biased(in case of wolverine i think he was till his now close death sufering form mild insanity wiht all the stuff happened to him taking its toll on his mental balance...but is my personal theory) aaaaaaannd didn't told any of this to Cyclop, just ordering him without further explanation to give them Hope....Cap has the diplomatic skill of character in the "Crank" movie..

EDIT: Nevermind.

Seriously, the captain america did truly horrible picks for his "unity" team; i wonder why he didnt hired a purifier for the "normal human perspective" ?.
    See above my comment....Indeed the unity team is the worst possible team ever(albeit after recent even could improve), as no one of its teammates ever knew what it means being a minority. Sunfire was grown with the worst aspect of Japanese culture(xenophoby, militarism, machism) and only recent years had shown any sign that he was overcoming that, Wanda has sort of complx derived form being an orphan and has an obsession wiht the concept of "normal family" that got worst once she discovered that she was the daughter of Magneto, Havok suffer from self loathing as consequence to be adopted as replacement for a deceased normal human child he kind of resembled(WTF is there a mutant with a normal childhood?!), Wasp has the innate tendency to WILLINGLY ignore all the bad things that happen around her(think about it she knew Hank was having a mental breakdown but rather than saying or doing something she ENFORCED IT, saying "hey will play it out nicely anyway"), Thor is alien deities royalty(Beta ray bill would have been a better choice for the team, but god forbid that they will use BRB in a team....excpet for a chetful horrible tease...I Still hate Marvel for that Alpha Flight scam! I felt cheated!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Actually Quicksilver is more to blame for all of that. Wanda had given up in House of M#1. Pietro twisted it and made it all screwy. It's like Magneto and Spider Man are the only ones that remember that.
    Yeah, it didn't helped also that nor Charles Xavier nor Doctor Strange(her therapists) took some precautions to prevent something like that to happen(but hey it would not have been the first and last time that those two overlooked one important detail).
    I kind of remeber that Spider Man wanted to murder Wanda and Pietro very badly...First tie i saw spidey so angry at someone(ok there was the Sin-eater that beat within an inch of his life for having killed Jean DeWolfe..)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    He will try but in the end, He will makes his writer insert characters look like scumbags. Haven't you noticed the pattern already?
    Perhaps is RR that has some self-loathing issues...Actually....could make some sense...
    Being the brother of someone dedicated to saving your race makes you a bigot?
    No Make you the Luigi of X-men universe....hey it fit the Summer Bros. For one Red is his fav color while for the other is Green. when we going to have x-men Cart Videogame? No really WHEN?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Errr...

Yes, Wanda DID seek out power on her own. She even made dealings with Doctor Doom behind everyone's back to get the power she needed. Wanda naturally underestimated the power she wanted and it lead to her creating House of M and Decimation. Wanda isn't innocent, the power wasn't forced upon her as she specifically sought it out for herself.

Cyclops never wanted to be the Phoenix Host and was never meant to be its Host that's why things went south as the Phoenix started become whole again and exerted more and more of its influence over Cyclops who had no means to resist its growing power nor control it. This is, of course, the Avengers fault as they forced the Phoenix to split into 5 parts to create the Phoenix 5 than attacked the Phoenix until he was able to manipulate Cyclops and Emma to fight for dominance to have the Phoenix become whole again so it could do what it set out to do in the first place.

Jean didn't have a choice either, like Cyclops the Phoenix was forced upon her. The main difference is that she was selected to be its Host and could somewhat control it at times. The only Host who ever fully controlled the Phoenix is the Phoenix Child - Rachel Grey-Summers. For all others the Phoenix went wild due to mortal elements, such are constant attacks on its Host, and it remained far beyond its original purpose for being around.

Please stop twisting things to suit your own mistaken view.

Cyclops never sought the Phoenix for himself. It was FORCED upon him by the AVENGERS and more and more of the Phoenix was forced onto him as the Avengers took out the Phoenix 5 members thus causing the Phoenix to gain more and more control as it started getting closer to being whole again.

At that point, when Cyclops attacked Emma during ANOTHER unprovoked Avengers attack, the Phoenix manipulated Cyclops AND Emma to fight it out for dominance, which wasn't really showcased in the TPB stuff, because the Phoenix wanted to be whole. Once it was whole it drove Cyclops completly insane, heck Cyclops BEGGED them to kill him when they fought him as the Dark Phoenix because he couldn't control the Phoenix as he was never meant to be its Host in the first place.

Which, once again, is the Avengers fault.

If you're going to try and argue a point at least get the context of what you're arguing right first as it REALLY hurts what you're trying to say when you outright lie and twist events by conveniently ignoring all other points to try and fit the point you want to make.
    Nothing to say about this. I alreayd pointed out how Sam alexander was in part responsible as well as the diplomatic un-skill of Cap
    Damn for that Story arc they really ha dto paint everyone has an idiot!

EDIT: Nevermind.

Seriously, the captain america did truly horrible picks for his "unity" team; i wonder why he didnt hired a purifier for the "normal human perspective" ?.
    Perhaps he knew that no mutant with any integrity would work for him?

Perhaps he knew that no mutant with any integrity would work for him?
    I've restrained myself to reply to your very biased comments for long time.
    But i've to say it.
    Cut it out please.
    The Unity team idea wasn't that bad.
    too little too late? Perhaps
    Poorly executed? Sure
    but please stop with this....this...
    THIS...
    Aww forget it, it is pointless.
    Still this "ahr ahr Avengers are evil nazis" on the Xmen board stopped being funny roughly 10000 comments ago.
    Last edited by Baron of Faltine; 08-31-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Actually Quicksilver is more to blame for all of that. Wanda had given up in House of M#1. Pietro twisted it and made it all screwy. It's like Magneto and Spider Man are the only ones that remember that.
    Quicksilver didn't tell her what to do. He did push her but it was ultimately her decision, Quicksilver also didn't tell her to go looking for Doctor Doom and trying to tame a power that not even Doctor Doom knew much about. Wanda initiated it all, Quicksilver merely gave her that final push. Quicksilver also didn't tell her to wipe out the mutant race, Wanda chose to do that on her own and hasn't tried to make up for it even to this day. She even mocks Rogue over it and doesn't even see Mutantkind as a people or that it actually does have its own culture.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 08-31-2014 at 07:04 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    But i've to say it.
    Cut it out please.
    Poorly executed? Sure
    THIS...
    Still this "ahr ahr Avengers are evil nazis" on the Xmen board stopped being funny roughly 10000 comments ago.
    The Unity Team idea really is that bad...

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

The idea of the Uncanny Avengers isn't too bad but the execution has been just ungodly bad. It should have been more restrained just going out and making things better for mutants. Doing kind of what blue side was doing at the beginning of its run, rescuing mutants who came afoul of the various laws and governments (unintentionally). Instead its been speeches, grandstanding, yanking Rogue from X-Men for no good reason and then finally... an epic (length not quality) adventure story that would not be out of place in any Avengers book yet still manages to do nothing about the stated goal.

To quote Shakespeare, "Its been a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing."
    Last edited by Kisinith; 08-31-2014 at 04:38 PM.

But i've to say it.
    Cut it out please.
    Poorly executed? Sure
    THIS...
    But "the x-men are a cult of lunatics psychos" and "cyclops is a evil dictator that summoned the Phoenix to take over the world" on both boards are still funny after 10000 comments, right ?.

BANNED

But i've to say it.
    Cut it out please.
    Poorly executed? Sure
    THIS...
    If I had it my way, Wanda would wish away the Avengers and the Utopia people to a separate universe, leaving only the good X-Men. And then all the X-Men fans could move on while Cap and Cyclops measure each others penises for story after story to the unending content of the folks that dig those characters and are still into that conflict.

Or better yet just kill both of them off and have the X-Men and Avengers unite in their absence.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    If I had it my way, Wanda would wish away the Avengers and the Utopia people to a separate universe, leaving only the good X-Men. And then all the X-Men fans could move on while Cap and Cyclops measure each others penises for story after story to the unending content of the folks that dig those characters and are still into that conflict.

Or better yet just kill both of them off and have the X-Men and Avengers unite in their absence.
    This is brilliant.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post

No need to worry about it Steve is now a old man problem solved.

Amazing Member

Avengers__X-Men_AXIS_Promo_2-590x900.jpg

I wonder if this refers to the something that hasn't happened yet, the New Avengers Illuminati stuff or breaking up the Phoenix Force and starting the chain of events that led to the Red Skull stealing Xavier's brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Spork View Post
    Avengers__X-Men_AXIS_Promo_2-590x900.jpg

I wonder if this refers to the something that hasn't happened yet, the New Avengers Illuminati stuff or breaking up the Phoenix Force and starting the chain of events that led to the Red Skull stealing Xavier's brain.
    It IS all your fault, Stark. None of the Avengers have suffered for their parts in creating and antagonizing the P5, have they? Hell... Tony didn't even come out of AvX with a guilt-induced recurrence of his drinking problem. He got all Zen or whatever in AvX Consequences. It's about time the Avengers were held as accountable as they zealously hold Cyclops et al for what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'