Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Call me Alex

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I have been wondering, if the backslash for havok's speech is really that big, or is just that this fórum is really "popular" at Marvel.
    the backlash qas bug enoug that Remender reverted to a pre-teen in response to it, and then got it worse, not only hear, j helll it did not even start here. Twiitter was where the real action was.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So is Alex going to be on the bad side now...or is he the leader of those standing up to the Red Skull...
    He has been on the side of the bigots for about a year now, his trip to the bad side is a short walk.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    I really had no idea about any of this insanity that is RR's Uncanny Avengers...I ignored it, I didn't read a word or scan a page of it...I just knew how many people it offended...I thought, yea, it sucks when people Austen your Nightcrawler...but this goes way beyond character ballistics..for anyone else who was in the dark about Havok's speech and what the UA stand for...and how RR feels about his perspective, responsibility and interest in being a comic book creator...please read this article.

http://comicsalliance.com/uncanny-av...itics-mutants/

Damn, and I really liked Uncanny X-Force...I feel dirty...like I stepped in a puddle of pompous comic book creator piss and accidentally bumped my nose when I sniffed for the source of the stink.
    You haven't even got to the Speech were Wanda says that Romany are are religious group

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    You haven't even got to the Speech were Wanda says that Romany are are religious group
    That is just all sorts of bad coming from anybody let alone one of Magneto's kids. This has got to be intentional.
    Is RR having his characters become idiotic as a way of making some sort of statement about the damage legacies of minority struggles against prejudice can have on individuals, is he trying to show the psychologically of how hate and ignorance infect the disenfranchised and ensure minority assimilation...is he just a lonely bully or victim of his own self-loathing looking to get back at the world by inverting it into one that feels as miserable as his perception?

I can't tell if this ups the ante of Axis as RR's chance to really justify all this with some kind of cathartic realization or marks the culmination of his vitriol in which he strolls into Marvel U and goes Taxi Driver on the whole place.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    That is just all sorts of bad coming from anybody let alone one of Magneto's kids. This has got to be intentional.
    Is RR having his characters become idiotic as a way of making some sort of statement about the damage legacies of minority struggles against prejudice can have on individuals, is he trying to show the psychologically of how hate and ignorance infect the disenfranchised and ensure minority assimilation...is he just a lonely bully or victim of his own self-loathing looking to get back at the world by inverting it into one that feels as miserable as his perception?

I can't tell if this ups the ante of Axis as RR's chance to really justify all this with some kind of cathartic realization or marks the culmination of his vitriol in which he strolls into Marvel U and goes Taxi Driver on the whole place.
    I don't think that RR is making is self-insert characters idiotic intentionally, Simple ignorance of the subject seems more likely

Hi guys, I'm kind of new to the X-men world (after a long hiatus after Chuck Austen came along), and I don't really get the fuss about Havok and his speech. (I even read the above linked blog post and I still think it's over-thought and misinterpreting what was intended). Is there some other event that happened to cause everyone to think he has it in for mutants?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    Hi guys, I'm kind of new to the X-men world (after a long hiatus after Chuck Austen came along), and I don't really get the fuss about Havok and his speech. (I even read the above linked blog post and I still think it's over-thought and misinterpreting what was intended). Is there some other event that happened to cause everyone to think he has it in for mutants?
    He does. Also, Kitty thinks he's a sellout.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    or is just that this fórum is really "popular" at Marvel.
    You'd be surprised how often CBR is mentioned at cons/expos

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    He does. Also, Kitty thinks he's a sellout.

Thanks for the extra panel, I can see why Kitty would react that way, and I really like how she explained that Alex "stared at me like he didn't even realize he said something wrong". In a way it even strengthens my views on Alex, what his intentions were and how they were perceived by people around him (and readers alike) were different things.

This has happened to me in my life, I've said / done things with the best of intentions but it has been taken the wrong way. Perhaps Alex should have run his speech past someone before announcing it to the world and someone could have advised him, sounds like he may have had a bit of a blonde moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    Thanks for the extra panel, I can see why Kitty would react that way, and I really like how she explained that Alex "stared at me like he didn't even realize he said something wrong". In a way it even strengthens my views on Alex, what his intentions were and how they were perceived by people around him (and readers alike) were different things.

This has happened to me in my life, I've said / done things with the best of intentions but it has been taken the wrong way. Perhaps Alex should have run his speech past someone before announcing it to the world and someone could have advised him, sounds like he may have had a bit of a blonde moment.
    She's not talking about Alex in the top panels. It's a story about some boy meant to illustrate the problems with Alex's view.

Here's the top of the page.

BANNED

If you hate uncanny avengers and don't wanna support it I highly advise you to so marvel doesn't get any money from it

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IdaqiBeauty View Post
    She's not talking about Alex in the top panels. It's a story about some boy meant to illustrate the problems with Alex's view.

Here's the top of the page.

Kitty flatiron's her hair a few days in a row and she's all "I don't have a jewfro, I don't look Jewish. I'm just some chick". lol. puta please....

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    If you hate uncanny avengers and don't wanna support it I highly advise you to so marvel doesn't get any money from it
    I dont support it, i just read the spoiler on the review thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Kitty flatiron's her hair a few days in a row and she's all "I don't have a jewfro, I don't look Jewish. I'm just some chick". lol. puta please....
    Bendis has had Kitty saying cliche Jewish words and expressions that I don't remember ever hearing her say before... so I think she now 'sounds Jewish'.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Kitty always was identifiably Jewish. This kid she's talking about must have been a moron.