Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

GI Joe was dated at the end of the Cold War ... It will need a radical overhaul to grab kids right now. Sadly, I think an adult oriented parody is the only future I can see it working.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's a strange IP.

It becomes really evident how goofy it all is when the guys from Robot Chicken or the Venture Brothers gets their hands on it.

Their take on this IP is right on the money.

Well no new cartoons, toys high price and some hard to find with no ads on tv for them and awful snake eyes movie where snake eyes is the bad guy and is a complete jerk and does not put his outfit on till last second of the film so no one wants the toys didn't help.

Plus that awful second movie where they kill the main hero off and all the guys from the first film in the first 15 min!

My son is 10. If it's not on Netflix or Hulu or Disney or YouTube,

Gijoe, transformers, jem, captain n, super mario super show, he-man, she-ra and the secret of the sword theatre film and other 80s cartoons are on youtube by the studios that own them.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Been there, done that. Wasn't too successful, sadly.

In agreement with you about the '80s comic book from Marvel! Always a great read, especially the "Silent Issues" (XD)

I really liked that show as a kid.