Default Daredevil runs the Yakuza series bosses gauntlet.

Netflix Daredevil faces off against all bosses from the Yakuza series include the spin offs (excluding Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise). How far does he get?
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-24-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

You didn't specify which Daredevil, so I assume that you mean the comic book (616) version that has been around for nearly 60 years worth of monthly comics. I haven't played any of the games in the Yakuza series, but I assume that they are intended to be played and beaten by human beings with human reflexes. Based on those assumptions, Daredevil easily beats each boss in this gauntlet. Casual comic fans think that Daredevil is just another highly-skilled HTH expert with superhuman senses, but he also has superhuman reflexes. Daredevil is so fast and so skilled that he doesn't just dodge bullets, he has multiple feats for swatting away incoming bullets with his billy club. On at least two occasions, he swatted a bullet back at the shooter and hit them with it. No real world human being has reflexes that fast, so the Yakuza bosses need to be slow enough that they can be beaten by real human players. That makes them glacially slow compared to Daredevil, so he will avoid all of their attacks and hit them at will with precision strikes guided by his superhuman senses.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    You didn't specify which Daredevil, so I assume that you mean the comic book (616) version that has been around for nearly 60 years worth of monthly comics. I haven't played any of the games in the Yakuza series, but I assume that they are intended to be played and beaten by human beings with human reflexes. Based on those assumptions, Daredevil easily beats each boss in this gauntlet. Casual comic fans think that Daredevil is just another highly-skilled HTH expert with superhuman senses, but he also has superhuman reflexes. Daredevil is so fast and so skilled that he doesn't just dodge bullets, he has multiple feats for swatting away incoming bullets with his billy club. On at least two occasions, he swatted a bullet back at the shooter and hit them with it. No real world human being has reflexes that fast, so the Yakuza bosses need to be slow enough that they can be beaten by real human players. That makes them glacially slow compared to Daredevil, so he will avoid all of their attacks and hit them at will with precision strikes guided by his superhuman senses.
    That's not really an entirely fair view of game characters. Game mechanics can let you be a regular human doing speedster-ish stuff just fine.

Raiden in MGR is a ludicrously high-end bullet timer (casually deflecting machine gun fire from multiple sources with his sword), verging on a low-end speedster (all of the various blade-mode stuff), but he's played by a regular human player fighting against other ludicrously high-end bullet timers (Jetstream Sam is quicker than Raiden is). Game mechanics let you be both human and Raiden-fast at once.

Spider Man in a number of games is a high-end bullet timer (just like comics or whatever media), and players play him. There are slow-time mechanics that let this work.

Just because it's a game played by humans doesn't mean that the enemies are NOT faster than regular humans.

I don't know the Yakuza series at all, but if the bosses are not solid bullet timers with crazy comic martial arts skills (magic pressure points, weakness detection, blah blah), Matt probably annihilates them all. If they are better, well, he stops once he gets to someone faster or whom he simply can't hurt.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I don't know about the Yakuza series either, but my research gives me at least two bullet-timing feats for the one I understand to be the protagonist, Kazuma Kiryu. Here and here, not quite as impressive as Matt's BT feats (especially all those times he deflected bullets) though. In terms of strength, he can apparently use motorcycles as weapons, which is nice, but depending on this model's weight, this is not out of Matt's reach, given his own strength feats (using a 400lbs barbell as basically a bo, lifting a limo...) . However, Kiryu, while apparently skilled by real world standards, doesn't have stuff like pressure points.

In conclusion, given my very limited research, if Kiryu could defeat all those bosses, Matt should be more than able to do so.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I've played a couple of these games, and the universe isn't anything Daredevil doesn't handle on a regular basis. Top tier guys can be in the barely-see-and-dodge-a-bullet level of speed, and maybe closer to him in strength. But 1-on-1, he still outstats everyone, except possibly the protagonist Kazuma with heat.