Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This. Figured I’d make my comment as general as possible because people get very triggered over “sexuality retcons” as if that’s not how coming out works.

Also part 3: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/24/x-...ndo-questions/
    "And, you know, Bishop is Captain Commander of the War Captains, and Psylocke’s one of the War Captains. That certainly creates some tension between them. You’ve heard too many chefs in a kitchen. We maybe have too many captains on a ship."

I'm down for some power struggle dynamics. I also like how he'll be writing Somnus as kind of the audience proxy.

"First of all, in a bizarre twist, perhaps, Jeanne-Marrie is not the only ex-Alpha Flight character that will be appearing early in the run. So, a teaser for the annual."

Ooooh.

"Well listen, I try to give people the truth. Greycrow is not on the main roster and a lot of the book takes place off Krakoa. But if I have my way, you will see some scenes between them, because I took to heart Greycrow’s comments at the end of Hellions about opening a restaurant."

Sweet!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lesbian
    Gay
    Bisexual
    Thunderbird

The gang's all here

I wanna see Greycrow's restaurant. It's about time we see some more businesses established within Krakoa.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm so much more sold on his use of Cassandra Nova after this. Not a redemption arc so much as a 're-aiming of the bazooka that is her' arc. Not gonna lie, Taylor's take and ending for her didn't really work for me at all, so 'yeah we're just not gonna be doing that' is the reassurance I was looking for there lololol.

Also, his line about the book being about LIVING history has me intrigued, and combined with his Star Trek references and emphasis on the book being about mutant rescue makes me think the mystery two billion years in the past will involve some kind of like....bodyguarding an ancient ancestor of the entire mutant race mission. Or something like in the very first mutant community an important mutant mysteriously went missing or blah blah blah and then turns out they went missing because they ended up with the Marauders or something. Idk. Obviously I have no idea I'm just very intrigued and I don't even know why. I think the Star Trek references made my subconscious think of a ST story that did something somewhat similar but my conscious mind can't remember what it was but I know I liked it and thus hope to like this. Yeah, that's probably it. Damn, absolutely nailing this self-awareness thing.
    The living history really stood out to me as well because in an immortal civilization for all intents and purposes mutants are living history now. They don't need to write stories or tell myths because with resurrection for the most part everything that happens can be obtained from the source. The star trek thing was also a big plus for me as well. When he mentioned it it made me think of Kate sort of like Burnham from star trek discovery. Though in this case opposite because while discovery tries not to interfere with a civilization i'm expecting Kate and Bishop to be like "we'll change it all." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

They ended up posting part 2 today: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/24/x-...-orlando-cast/
    It was even better than part 1. This is all we really need. Show us your passion, tell us what your vision is without spoiling it, how do you see the characters. This is a masterclass interview on selling a comic imo. He made his vision so strong can you really say your buying for anything else?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Ouch, that third part of the interview kinda hurts if you like Colossus. Orlando said he was a big fan and wanted to write him but didn't cause he's being used in XForce.

Still not sold on Cassandra being here to save mutants (after committing a genocide on them). They're taking the most dangerous villain and dumbing her down to a weird sort of antagonist instead of flat out evil. I don't know what the X-office seems to want to redeem every villain and take away the threat they used to be.
    I don’t think he’s trying to redeem her. I think he specifically said she can’t be redeemed a couple of times in these interviews and that he doesn’t view her as a hero. I think he’s using the end of X-Men: Red as a good jumping on point as to why she’d be fighting for mutants, which IMO is better than just retconning that ending.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Mike Carey made her a lesbian out of nowhere in X-men legacy, in Age of X Tempo and Feral they were in a romantic relationship.
    Damn. How do I not remember that? Age of X was so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Lesbian
    Gay
    Bisexual
    Thunderbird

The gang's all here

I wanna see Greycrow's restaurant. It's about time we see some more businesses established within Krakoa.
    Agreed. There were a few panels in Marauders showing Arakko bustling with businesses. I'd love to see some of that on Krakoa.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Orlando says no one has guessed the 9th character. https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...26356067475461

He specifically says later on that it's not Jessie Drake, but given how much Thunderbird was being guessed I'm sure that it's not Thunderbird either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Orlando says no one has guessed the 9th character. https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...26356067475461

He specifically says later on that it's not Jessie Drake, but given how much Thunderbird was being guessed I'm sure that it's not Thunderbird either.
    Hmm, I'm trying to think of other options but all I keep coming up with new to Krakoa are random mutants like Justice who don't exactly fit the representation bill.

Unless maybe Chance from Fallen Angels? Korean mutant and they were always very clearly coded as trans, would be great to have that made explicitly canon. Also thought of Janelle Chord aka Silhouette from the New Warriors - a disabled woman of color with Darkforce powers that enable invisibility and teleportation.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-25-2022 at 02:02 AM.

Since Steve Orlando is an openly bi creator whose work has been great with LGBT representation, I'm hoping we'll finally see Kitty/Kate come out as bi instead of being constantly teased.

Happy that it looks like Thunderbird is joining. Hopefully they improve his new costume for that.

Mighty Member

I don’t think he’s trying to redeem her. I think he specifically said she can’t be redeemed a couple of times in these interviews and that he doesn’t view her as a hero. I think he’s using the end of X-Men: Red as a good jumping on point as to why she’d be fighting for mutants, which IMO is better than just retconning that ending.
    Making her a mutant savior who wants to kill Xavier sounds like a hero to me, lol.

You know how some people can only view Wanda as a villain? That's me with Nova. Making her a mutant savior sounds weird... It's like imagining a version of Hitler where he's still evil but this time he's out to save minorities. Like what?! It just sounds so weird to me but I am very biased in hating Nova. There's nothing redeeming about her in my mind and I liked it that way. Not every villain needs to be sympathetic. Having her out saving mutant kind will make her sympathetic regardless of how murderous she is. Look at Nanny!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Making her a mutant savior who wants to kill Xavier sounds like a hero to me, lol.

You know how some people can only view Wanda as a villain? That's me with Nova. Making her a mutant savior sounds weird... It's like imagining a version of Hitler where he's still evil but this time he's out to save minorities. Like what?! It just sounds so weird to me but I am very biased in hating Nova. There's nothing redeeming about her in my mind and I liked it that way. Not every villain needs to be sympathetic. Having her out saving mutant kind will make her sympathetic regardless of how murderous she is. Look at Nanny!
    At least with Wanda, the story she was doing her crime in was essentially blatant character assassination done so that they could enforce a Joe Quesada editorial mandate and the character had actually had a long set of fans and history well before that, to the point where that story was guaranteed to piss people off (Disassembled to, since they decided to add retconning Wanda into being crazy, not having magic, and having not gone through most of Byrne's run to also killing off a bunch of lower list Avengers as well). Nova was literally introduced for the sole purpose of being a villain who would genocide 16 million mutants as her opening gambit (I swear if I see another comment anywhere that Bolivar Trask is the person truly responsible for Genosha I will lose it).

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Since Steve Orlando is an openly bi creator whose work has been great with LGBT representation, I'm hoping we'll finally see Kitty/Kate come out as bi instead of being constantly teased.
    That'll depend on what TPTB will let him do.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    That'll depend on what TPTB will let him do.
    He can tell them he'll make an event out of it that will have a crossover in every book! Surely they'll say yes then.