Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #139- Steve Orlando Interview

I really enjoyed this one. I like the energy he's bringing to this book and to the office. Think they're doing a follow-up interview next week that'll dive deeper into the characters.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/24/x-...ndo-marauders/

This sounds cool to me. Look forward to checking out the Annual this week.

I have a very weird problem with Cassy.

I love her.

Be kind, it's FREE

BANNED

Brimstone Love has me smitten, and was the BIG draw for me, BUT...

then I read this:

I mean, Daken basically just is me. Personality-wise, he’s an angry bisexual, but it’s also important to me to say that, you know, bisexuality is still valid when you’re in what appears to be a heterosexual relationship. And when I write these characters, they’re never holding a neon sign that says that but it’s there in the way they act and it’s in the way that other characters treat them. So a lot of it is about the dynamics and when characters were going to be available for a spotlight.
    and he GETS IT!!

And now, so am I!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post

and he GETS IT!!

And now, so am I!
    This is EXACTLY how I felt. Nice change of pace from Duggan who clearly did not get it.

I know some would say this interview was wordy but this interview for me was perfect. Love the passion and love what he had to say about cass nova.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

I'm so much more sold on his use of Cassandra Nova after this. Not a redemption arc so much as a 're-aiming of the bazooka that is her' arc. Not gonna lie, Taylor's take and ending for her didn't really work for me at all, so 'yeah we're just not gonna be doing that' is the reassurance I was looking for there lololol.

Also, his line about the book being about LIVING history has me intrigued, and combined with his Star Trek references and emphasis on the book being about mutant rescue makes me think the mystery two billion years in the past will involve some kind of like....bodyguarding an ancient ancestor of the entire mutant race mission. Or something like in the very first mutant community an important mutant mysteriously went missing or blah blah blah and then turns out they went missing because they ended up with the Marauders or something. Idk. Obviously I have no idea I'm just very intrigued and I don't even know why. I think the Star Trek references made my subconscious think of a ST story that did something somewhat similar but my conscious mind can't remember what it was but I know I liked it and thus hope to like this. Yeah, that's probably it. Damn, absolutely nailing this self-awareness thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    This is EXACTLY how I felt. Nice change of pace from Duggan who clearly did not get it.
    Well, I presume one had a learning curve, that the other obviously doesn't share. But I think Duggan has shown progress with Iceman, in particular. By what I would say is, just writing Bobby Drake first, and everything else second. I don't have any major issues with Gerry's work, though. In fact, I've enjoyed it more than others in the line, I'll tell you that. But it's all subjective, personal tastes vary & variety's the spice of life, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

They ended up posting part 2 today: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/24/x-...-orlando-cast/

They ended up posting part 2 today: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/24/x-...-orlando-cast/
    With part three to come later today. This is massive!

Mighty Member

I like his breakdowns on who these characters are and who they are to him. Also, I didn’t know Tempo was a lesbian. We have the LGB of the LGBTQ so far. Im excited for this to come out this week. Any guesses on the last member? I’m thinking Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I like his breakdowns on who these characters are and who they are to him. Also, I didn’t know Tempo was a lesbian. We have the LGB of the LGBTQ so far. Im excited for this to come out this week. Any guesses on the last member? I’m thinking Thunderbird
    Mike Carey made her a lesbian out of nowhere in X-men legacy, in Age of X Tempo and Feral they were in a romantic relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Any guesses on the last member? I’m thinking Thunderbird
    The clues about the mystery 9th member also made me immediately think that it's Thunderbird.

Astonishing Member

And the Thunderbird special coming in April is described as him going back to the reservation he grew up on and protecting indigenous mutants from some threat, which easily falls under the mutant rescue umbrella and could dovetail into him working with the Marauder cast and thus organically joining up with them a few issues later.