Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Mike Carey made her a lesbian out of nowhere in X-men legacy, in Age of X Tempo and Feral they were in a romantic relationship.
    I won’t pretend to have an in-depth knowledge of Tempo’s publication history, but did she have any romantic relationships with men before that? If not, it’s not really “out of nowhere”.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    The clues about the mystery 9th member also made me immediately think that it's Thunderbird.
    I’m thinking it might be Jessie Drake. I believe one of Marvel’s first trans characters and definitely the first trans mutant. She showed up in the Pride special after years of absence and definitely hasn’t been on an X-team before.

Sorry for the double post!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I won’t pretend to have an in-depth knowledge of Tempo’s publication history, but did she have any romantic relationships with men before that? If not, it’s not really “out of nowhere”.
    Also, unless she previously said "I'm straight", having a relationship with a woman isn't out of nowhere lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Also, unless she previously said "I'm straight", having a relationship with a woman isn't out of nowhere lol.
    This. Figured I’d make my comment as general as possible because people get very triggered over “sexuality retcons” as if that’s not how coming out works.

Also part 3: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/01/24/x-...ndo-questions/

I’m thinking it might be Jessie Drake. I believe one of Marvel’s first trans characters and definitely the first trans mutant. She showed up in the Pride special after years of absence and definitely hasn’t been on an X-team before.

My first two thoughts were Jessie Drake or Thunderbird and I'd only really get excited about one of them showing up and it's certainly not John Proudstar

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    My first two thoughts were Jessie Drake or Thunderbird and I'd only really get excited about one of them showing up and it's certainly not John Proudstar
    My thoughts went to them as well!

Well now I'm going to be disappointed if this is not the case.

Astonishing Member

I'd honestly be excited about either Jessie or Thunderbird. But in terms of other thoughts, my biggest remaining question about the cast members we know of is I REALLY want to know if Wanda's ToM spell enabled a back-up of Kwannon's daughter, because where Kwannon's at emotionally and mentally post-Hellions looks like two extremely opposite ends of the spectrum, depending on whether or not she still has a chance to resurrect her daughter or if she's truly gone for good because of Sinister.

Mighty Member

Ouch, that third part of the interview kinda hurts if you like Colossus. Orlando said he was a big fan and wanted to write him but didn't cause he's being used in XForce.

Still not sold on Cassandra being here to save mutants (after committing a genocide on them). They're taking the most dangerous villain and dumbing her down to a weird sort of antagonist instead of flat out evil. I don't know what the X-office seems to want to redeem every villain and take away the threat they used to be.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 01-24-2022 at 01:34 PM.

He said “ someone who has never been in a main line X-Men book before” so to me that’s not Thunderbird.

That could be lots of people. But here’s who I hope it is in no particular order:

Chance, Skein, El Aguila, or LightBright.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    He said “ someone who has never been in a main line X-Men book before” so to me that’s not Thunderbird.

That could be lots of people. But here’s who I hope it is in no particular order:

Chance, Skein, El Aguila, or LightBright.
    He said "not only do we get to bring in someone who has never been in a main line X-Men book before — a contemporary X-Men book, I should say — but we get to bring in a character who I believe is pretty historic as far as representation goes and those things are both exciting to me."

So I believe that caveat of it not being a contemporary X-men book is the giveaway that it's Thunderbird. Maybe not, though. That's just the first character who sprang to mind for precisely that reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    ... Still not sold on Cassandra being here to save mutants (after committing a genocide on them). They're taking the most dangerous villain and dumbing her down to a weird sort of antagonist instead of flat out evil. I don't know what the X-office seems to want to redeem every villain and take away the threat they used to be.
    This, the mass murdering mummudrai's pretty much irredeemable and a deal-breaker, in my eyes too. Brimstone Love & his Theatre of Pain are going to have to blow me out of the water, to even consider it.

Orlando is also writing the Thunderbird one-shot and before it was announced, he had said in an interview that he was going to write another book for marvel that will eventually connect to Marauders later. Now we know that this other book is the Thunderbird one-shot, so the 9th member is probably Thunderbird.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Great interview, love Orlando's passion and it's good to have another LGBTQ writer. My first thought was Thunderbird as well; I'd be here for it.