Extraordinary Member

Default One-Star Squadron #4 Preview

One-Star Squadron #4 Preview
    Writer: Mark Russell
    Artist: Steve Lieber

Kathy and Traya! Finally something relevant to Red Tornado's character!

(I feel like Russel is incapable of writing characters who can't be sarcastic or comedic).

Been enjoying this. Maybe the heroes will fire the board of weasels after they get done taking them apart. I’d pay double for that issue. Russel is not doing Kara any justice turning her into a corporate suck up. It’s kind of actually turning my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Been enjoying this. Maybe the heroes will fire the board of weasels after they get done taking them apart. I’d pay double for that issue. Russel is not doing Kara any justice turning her into a corporate suck up. It’s kind of actually turning my stomach.
    Has she not been called Karen at all in this series?

Actually, blonde white woman named "Karen..." I dunno, does Power Girl's civilian identity need to be retired ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    (I feel like Russel is incapable of writing characters who can't be sarcastic or comedic).
    As the old saying goes, play to your strengths.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    As the old saying goes, play to your strengths.
    Yeah, but sometimes too much of a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but sometimes too much of a good thing...
    Russel is also good at showing heart, which he's done here with Tornado taking care of Gangbuster. Yeah, he does rely heavily on the comedy but he can balance it well at times.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member

For someone who hasn't read this, how can Kara be on the chopping block? She's the only real name hero they have AFAIK, and by far the most powerful and skillful. And did they ever explain why she'd even sign onto such a thing, when she's refused better before?

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Russel is also good at showing heart, which he's done here with Tornado taking care of Gangbuster. Yeah, he does rely heavily on the comedy but he can balance it well at times.
    I know it from his Wonder Twins and Flinstones, but the voices just feel off.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    For someone who hasn't read this, how can Kara be on the chopping block? She's the only real name hero they have AFAIK, and by far the most powerful and skillful. And did they ever explain why she'd even sign onto such a thing, when she's refused better before?
    No, last we knew she was CEO of her own software company, so it makes no sense that she'd be conniving middle management in this outfit.