Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Ray Fisher is at it again...

https://thedirect.com/article/justic...lack-superhero

Man I have to admire on some level Fishers refusal to let this die. DC is continually trying to come out with new content and now they honor their POC characters they've introduced. But it makes no sense to call them racist when they've already introduced POC into the DC verse. The fact that WB never responds to Fisher recently as he continues to bring up how wrongly treated makes me wonder if Fisher has something and they're culpable.

Basically trying to scrape together every black superhero they had BUT Cyborg is kinda petty. Even if they didn’t wanna highlight Fisher due to the ongoing drama it would’ve been better to just not make the post at all.

They should have just used Joivan Wade’s Cyborg. It would have celebrated a fantastic character/performance and not given Fisher more ammo.

Astonishing Member

It's honestly getting childish at this point.

2 of the 3 characters they posted in that tweet are raceswapped. Trying to honor BHM by posting a pic of Black Canary and Deadshot, characters who have been white for 70+ years, doesn't paint WB in a very good light when it comes to representation imo. They should try to do a better job in that department first and Cyborg is still the first and one of the few original black heroes introduced in the DCEU. Say what you will about what Fisher has been doing, but WB kind of set themselves up here.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-20-2022 at 01:30 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://thedirect.com/article/justic...lack-superhero

Man I have to admire on some level Fishers refusal to let this die. DC is continually trying to come out with new content and now they honor their POC characters they've introduced. But it makes no sense to call them racist when they've already introduced POC into the DC verse. The fact that WB never responds to Fisher recently as he continues to bring up how wrongly treated makes me wonder if Fisher has something and they're culpable.
    Why should they respond? If he's just slinging accusations, responding legitimizes him and his claims. In this case, I think ignoring him is the right call at this point. A glance at Fisher's IMDB shows why he's still flogging that dead horse; he's not getting any parts. Just two roles after JL, with one with Zack Snyder, (sounds like a grade Z sci fi reject from whatever they call the sci fi channel these days), and one as part of that current Emmett Till mini; neither anywhere near top billing. So...people aren't that interested in hiring him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Basically trying to scrape together every black superhero they had BUT Cyborg is kinda petty. Even if they didn’t wanna highlight Fisher due to the ongoing drama it would’ve been better to just not make the post at all.
    When they did that I saw it coming it doesn’t help that two of the three are assassins

This would all be over if they would just announce the casting of Static Shock
    Ray fisher would have to shut up or be seen as ruining the opportunity of someone else

But WB is so danm slow
    We can’t get John until GL show is done and they haven’t casted the POC roles
    No word on the vixen show

Everything is just so slow

They should be slow to try to do it right this time. The fact that they previously rushed trying to start a shared universe is what got them into this mess in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When they did that I saw it coming it doesn’t help that two of the three are assassins

This would all be over if they would just announce the casting of Static Shock
    Ray fisher would have to shut up or be seen as ruining the opportunity of someone else

But WB is so danm slow
    We can’t get John until GL show is done and they haven’t casted the POC roles
    No word on the vixen show

Everything is just so slow
    Well, if they're taking their time to be sure they cast the right actor, I'm for it. The MCU showed how key getting the best actors for the role is. while the DCEU has demonstrated....the opposite, how poorly cast actors can help ruin a movie. WB has a poor track record on the whole IMO at casting, with a few exceptions. So...if they're trying to do better, I'm all in favor of a bit of a wait as long as we get a superior product in the end.

Does feel a little weird promoting characters like Black Canary for Black History Month. I get the actress is black and that is what their focus is, but it does kind of highlight how poor a job DC has done at using actual black characters in their stuff so far. I get not using Cyborg because of the situation with his actor but the whole thing just feels weird.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Why should they respond? If he's just slinging accusations, responding legitimizes him and his claims. In this case, I think ignoring him is the right call at this point. A glance at Fisher's IMDB shows why he's still flogging that dead horse; he's not getting any parts. Just two roles after JL, with one with Zack Snyder, (sounds like a grade Z sci fi reject from whatever they call the sci fi channel these days), and one as part of that current Emmett Till mini; neither anywhere near top billing. So...people aren't that interested in hiring him.
    Three, if you're being factual. He played the adult version of the son of Mahershala Ali's character in True Detective season 3, back in 2019.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They should have just used Joivan Wade’s Cyborg. It would have celebrated a fantastic character/performance and not given Fisher more ammo.
    Wade would have been an awesome choice. They could have also used Cress Williams as Black Lightning, Echo Kellum as Mister Terrific, Kaci Walfall as Naomi, Camrus Johnson as Batwing, etc.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Wade would have been an awesome choice. They could have also used Cress Williams as Black Lightning, Echo Kellum as Mister Terrific, Kaci Walfall as Naomi, Camrus Johnson as Batwing, etc.
    Yeah, highlight your actual black characters. Not the ones you race-bent. Bloodsport at least fit although it's kind of funny they used both him and Deadshot .

He’s letting voice be heard. Maybe when Discovery takes over there will be a fuller accounting, but I doubt it.

I will say if it wasn’t for this forum I’d have little clue about any of this
    The J-man

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I agree they should have gone with characters who are actually black in the comics. Vixen has a live action version, Black Lightning, Naomi. Or just use the comics versions.
    Assassinate Putin!