Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I stopped watching his videos after this. Fckin gross

His numbers analysis can be useful, his taste is very questionable. And he definitely indulges comicsgate dudes with his channel and has some weirdass complaints himself. He might not be an extreme commentator, but he's way too gross for me.

Let's make Batman do a little cameo in each book but make it like it's part of a bigger plan to stop some big evil. Maybe the sales will improve somehow.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Let's make Batman do a little cameo in each book but make it like it's part of a bigger plan to stop some big evil. Maybe the sales will improve somehow.
    That and having other characters pop up in Bat titles. I used to love The Brave and the Bold as a kid for that same reason. I knew it made me more interested in other characters back then and I doubt it would be any different today for many Batman fans.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Laimbeer View Post

This isn't true. It's kinda' interesting I'm playing devil's advocate here, because I'm not in that group, and I don't involve myself in such things, but I think throwing around wild, wrong blanket statements only supports some of the things they say. You might be able to find some Nazis over there, but you can say that about probably anything. There are probably some Nazis over here, too

Granted, I don't know what they're up to now, because I haven't heard from them in a long time, but I doubt they've taken up Nazi ideology as a general stance.
    Their leader/spokesmen intentionally doxxes people for giggles and tries to recruit dead people to his cause whilst attacking poc. He's trash either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    isn't that guy supportive of comicgate?
    absolutely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    8^o
    Wow.
    It is hard to believe there are actually people like that
    In today’s America where teaching about slavery or even the holocaust is being banned for being anti-White and half the country blindly follows a man who says there are very fine people on both sides of “you will not replace us” rallies then tells supporters with 6MWE (“6 million wasn’t enough) signs and stickers and other merch everywhere on their way to an insurrection that they are “loved” and “very special people,” where 30% of s major party thinks liberals are child molesting sex traffickers and worse, when 70% of that same major party think the election was stolen based on the word of a person that only lies and only cares about his own bruised ego with absolutely no evidence, how on earth is any of this surprising? Poor, poor White people. The only reason comicsgate is not a nearly 50% proposition is that most people don’t read comic books.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Guts, lay off the political discussion.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'm not trying to facetious or sarcastic, but can someone truly explain the fixation on sales numbers, especially if it isn't a book they're buying?

Like what is the point of these videos, articles, and tweets decrying the death of x,y, and z other than trying to drum up your own audience?

If you like a book then buy it and try to spread the word (not toxicly) and if it gets cancelled, well that's life.

I just don't understand the point of looking at numbers that are never released officially and basing arguments on conjecture, innuendo, and rumor.

It seems people use these "numbers" as ammo for whatever agenda they have.

Am I wrong in my assessment?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I'm not trying to facetious or sarcastic, but can someone truly explain the fixation on sales numbers, especially if it isn't a book they're buying?

Like what is the point of these videos, articles, and tweets decrying the death of x,y, and z other than trying to drum up your own audience?

If you like a book then buy it and try to spread the word (not toxicly) and if it gets cancelled, well that's life.

I just don't understand the point of looking at numbers that are never released officially and basing arguments on conjecture, innuendo, and rumor.

Comic fans AND Manga fans use numbers to make a point on why Character A shouldn't exist and how they're not worthy of doing so and so OR if they want to just drag a particular series. And yes, numbers are used for an agenda to push. Just look at the Aqualad threads and that one particular user who tries to put down Jackson Hyde because of sales.

I couldn't care less for half the books Marvel and DC put out but I'm not stalking Comichron or sales websites just to be an *******. You're not wrong at all. It's funny how books/characters they were never gonna read or never had an interest in is always the topic of discussion for them.

Well, on the other side of the coin this is a business, and DC compared to Marvel ain't doing so well these days going by book sales or otherwise. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when the big two were rather close in terms of popularity and yes *gasp* comic book sales.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Well, on the other side of the coin this is a business, and DC compared to Marvel ain't doing so well these days going by book sales or otherwise. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when the big two were rather close in terms of popularity and yes *gasp* comic book sales.
    I get that, but unless you're a shareholder who cares?

Entertainment businesses go under all the time but we aren't bashing ourselves against the rocks for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Comic fans AND Manga fans use numbers to make a point on why Character A shouldn't exist and how they're not worthy of doing so and so OR if they want to just drag a particular series. And yes, numbers are used for an agenda to push. Just look at the Aqualad threads and that one particular user who tries to put down Jackson Hyde because of sales.

I couldn't care less for half the books Marvel and DC put out but I'm not stalking Comichron or sales websites just to be an *******. You're not wrong at all. It's funny how books/characters they were never gonna read or never had an interest in is always the topic of discussion for them.
    I find this mentality so troubling.

Like why should I care if you enjoy Hyde?

Is Jackson somehow gonna destroy Arthur?

Are pages going to be taken away from Arthur if Jackson gets some and if Jackson does, then that shows the popularity of Arthur might not be there, but that doesn't mean DC is going to go in the archives and burn all the Arthur books and photoshop Jackson on the old books.

I get that, but unless you're a shareholder who cares?

Entertainment businesses go under all the time but we aren't bashing ourselves against the rocks for it.
    People will care if they stop publishing new comic books which I hear is a real possibility in the next year or two.

Follow-up *salty" video lol -

Last edited by Celgress; 01-27-2022 at 10:30 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    People will care if they stop publishing new comic books which I hear is a real possibility in the next year or two.
    Whoever you're hearing that from either doesn't know what they're talking about or is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Whoever you're hearing that from either doesn't know what they're talking about or is lying.
    Thank you Redjack, I enjoy hearing from someone actually in the business then random YouTubers.

But this is exactly what I mean, people speak with such authority on things that they have no idea about which in turn fuels more nonsensical takes ad infinitum.

PS: Green Lantern is fire