Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Can Talia and Bruce ever get back together or is that ship sailed?

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Without a major retcon/reboot? Its pretty well sailed right now.

Poor Talia.
    Who was the last good writer for the character, Tomasi in his Nightwing run?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Without a major retcon/reboot? Its pretty well sailed right now.
    You mean like the major retcon's that we had in Morrison's Batman, Batman Inc, Tomasi's Robin Rises and on the DC.com character bios
    [the DC official website lists Barr's son of the demon as Damian's origin stating that Batman and Talia got married and Talia hid Damian's existence from Bruce ]

Recently in Tynion's batman run Bruce lists Talia as one of his 3 greatest loves.

I don't think the ship has sailed. Bruce still cares for Talia as we saw in Inc and King's Batman.

You don't take a trip to the desert to personally tell a particular ex that you are getting married. You let them read about the engagement in the papers like all your other exes and fiancées'.

Any writer is free to have them rekindle their romance. there's still support for it. Readers who follow the batman comics and the robin comics know about the retcon and Morrison's public apology for his gaffe. More importantly they know about the history of the couple.

Outside media and casuals well they are accustomed to Catwoman as batman love interest however all it takes is one really good/wildly successful movie or series to change everything.

That's easy right?
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-02-2022 at 11:12 AM.

Recently in Tynion's batman run Bruce lists Talia as one of his 3 greatest loves.

I don't think the ship has sailed. Bruce still cares for Talia as we saw in Inc and King's Batman.

You don't take a trip to the desert to personally tell a particular ex that you are getting married. You let them read about the engagement in the papers like all your other exes and fiancées.

The ship hasn't sailed.
    Any writer is free to have them rekindle their romance. there's still some support for it.

Readers who follow the batman comics and the robin comics know about the retcon and Morrison's public apology for his gaffe. More importantly they know about the history of the couple.

Outside media and casuals well they are accustomed to Catwoman as batman love interest however all it takes is one really good/wildly successful movie or series to change everything.

That's easy right?
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-02-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    Poor Talia.
    Who was the last good writer for the character, Tomasi in his Nightwing run?
    Gleason in his Robin Son of Batman run likely would be a common response.

Taylor's Talia in Dceased: Hope at World's End also is very much beloved at least going by internet reaction and online chatter

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You mean like the major retcon's that we had in Morrison's Batman, Batman Inc, Tomasi's Robin Rises and on the DC.com character bios
    [the DC official website lists Barr's son of the demon as Damian's origin stating that Batman and Talia got married and Talia hid Damian's existence from Bruce ]

You don't take a trip to the desert to personally tell a particular ex that you are getting married. You let them read about the engagement in the papers like all your other exes and fiancées'.

Any writer is free to have them rekindle their romance. there's still support for it. Readers who follow the batman comics and the robin comics know about the retcon and Morrison's public apology for his gaffe. More importantly they know about the history of the couple.

That's easy right?
    Easier said than done. After Catwoman, the most well-known Batman love interests are Barbara Gordon and Wonder Woman.

I personally prefer the dynamic the duo had in Robin Son of Batman. I am a Fan of Morrison's Batman and his version of Talia.

A badass who bested The Batman. Talia is on another level and should be portrayed as such.
    She should be a grey antagonist. The only thing stopping them from proactively hunting the other down is the fact that they have a child who is caught in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Easier said than done. After Catwoman, the most well-known Batman love interests are Barbara Gordon and Wonder Woman.
    hence the sarcastic that's easy right

hence the sarcastic that's easy right
    Sorry. My mistake.

I don't think Morrison retconned anything in batman inc the panels retelling the day Talia and Bruce had sex still showed the drink with something in it.

batmaninczone019 (1).jpg

I don't think Morrison retconned anything in batman inc the panels retelling the day Talia and Bruce had sex still showed the drink with something in it.

batmaninczone019 (1).jpg
    we see something in A drink not necessarily in Bruce's drink. That's just readers assuming.

-The dialogue show that the sex was consensual.
    - Bruce is beaming and only changes his tune when Talia mentions kids.
    - Bruce asks of Talia put something in his drink but from Talia's certainty that She has been impregnated it's more logical that she added something to ensure that conception is 100% guaranteed. mostly to her own drink.

The panel you posted makes it 100% clear that Talia did not rape Bruce.

Robin Rises Alpha. Bruce recounts the night Damian was conceived. His words, @I fell in love and followed my heart".

Interesting that fans still choose to interpret this panel as rape even with the dialogue and way the art depictions of the characters reactions post coitus.

Sorry. My mistake.
    no worries

we see something in A drink not necessarily in Bruce's drink. That's just readers assuming.

-The dialogue show that the sex was consensual.
    - Bruce is beaming and only changes his tune when Talia mentions kids.
    - Bruce asks of Talia put something in his drink but from Talia's certainty that She has been impregnated it's more logical that she added something to ensure that conception is 100% guaranteed. mostly to her own drink.

The panel you posted makes it 100% clear that Talia did not rape Bruce.

Robin Rises Alpha. Bruce recounts the night Damian was conceived. His words, @I fell in love and followed my heart".

Interesting that fans still choose to interpret this panel as rape even with the dialogue and way the art depictions of the characters reactions post coitus.
    Then again, even that has its own issues.

Then again, even that has its own issues.
    Agreed.
    However I think it's important to clarify that Talia isn't guilty of both rape and deliberately taking steps to make sure Bruce sires her son.