View Poll Results: Wally's Flash costume should be...

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...very similar if not identical from Barry's.

13 39.39%
  • ...completely different from Barry's.

20 60.61%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Wally's Flash costume: more or less similar to Barry's Flash costume?

If it were up to you, would you prefer for Wally West's Flash costume to look more similar (e.g. identical or so similar that it would be easy to mistake one for the other at a quick glance) or more different (e.g. completely distinct from Barry's and unmistakably unique) from the Flash costume that Barry wears?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I liked Wally's Rebirth costume the best with the silver lightning and flowing red hair.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I'm satisfied with his current one.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This right here.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Actually I think I'd want them to be similar, and I also agree with Drako on liking the current one. I say similar because the reason Wally is Flash in the first place is because Barry died back in COIE with Wally swearing to honor his friend and mentor Barry as the new Flash. So him looking similar but with changes he made for himself over the years works the best in my opinion.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Wish there was a middle option of 'similar but with key differences'. I like how his costume is drawn now with the white lenses and nose being covered entirely.

Why can't Wally's be exactly like Barry's except in a different color, like blue?

(I'd suggest yellow, but . . . )

I preferred the Rebirth outfit because I've always thought the Kid Flash costume was an even better design than the classic Flash suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I liked Wally's Rebirth costume the best with the silver lightning and flowing red hair.
    Same, I think it was his best costume so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah I like that one too. It definitively shows that he’s The Flash but it’s just different enough to be it’s own thing.

But if I had to make a choice for this poll, I would not want his costume to look exactly like Barry’s.

I hated Wally's Rebirth suit. I like what he's in now with the white eye's. Pretty much it's the same suit he wore during Waids run.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wish there was a middle option of 'similar but with key differences'. I like how his costume is drawn now with the white lenses and nose being covered entirely.
    Yeah exactly. Recognizably the Flash, but with easily identifiable differences.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

When you think about it, we always talk about how to tweak Wally's suit to differentiate him, but Barry would benefit from a more classic redesign. A more jagged belt, wings on the boots, and a brighter red.
    Last edited by Lightning Rider; 01-24-2022 at 09:07 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Why can't Wally's be exactly like Barry's except in a different color, like blue?

(I'd suggest yellow, but . . . )
    I'd suggest orange.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Semiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If it were up to you, would you prefer for Wally West's Flash costume to look more similar (e.g. identical or so similar that it would be easy to mistake one for the other at a quick glance) or more different (e.g. completely distinct from Barry's and unmistakably unique) from the Flash costume that Barry wears?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Well, Wally needs to look the part. Flash iconography stems from Barry's costume, so that's that.

However, it's really easy to pin down what makes a Flash costume look like "The Flash" as opposed to "generic speedster hero", so some changes here and there could still be welcome.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!