View Poll Results: Wally's Flash costume should be...

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...very similar if not identical from Barry's.

13 39.39%
  • ...completely different from Barry's.

20 60.61%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The problem is that they give the two costumes a few key differences, but today's generation of artists don't pay attention to them and editors no longer order art corrections for costume details being wrong. The current Flash run hasn't kept the details straight and the recent Justice League run left readers questioning whether Flash was Barry or Wally a lot of the time. It's a problem.

Whatever they do, Barry should wear his original costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I preferred the Rebirth outfit because I've always thought the Kid Flash costume was an even better design than the classic Flash suit.
    ^^^Same and same.
    The latter esp. when drawn by George Perez.

I like the idea of all the speedsters having variations on the Flash look.
    It works well for the GLs, letting everyone look like an individual and makes for better results art-wise imo.

I LOVE, really LOVE, Walter West's Dark Flash costume. Really, Wally needs something like that to call it his, preferably in the same color scheme.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    When you think about it, we always talk about how to tweak Wally's suit to differentiate him, but Barry would benefit from a more classic redesign. A more jagged belt, wings on the boots, and a brighter red.
    In a perfect world this does it for me. Barry in his classic original costume and Wally in his costume from Flash volume 2 #50. PERFECT.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Distinct but recognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    In a perfect world this does it for me. Barry in his classic original costume and Wally in his costume from Flash volume 2 #50. PERFECT.
    This is perfect, I very much agree.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    When you think about it, we always talk about how to tweak Wally's suit to differentiate him, but Barry would benefit from a more classic redesign. A more jagged belt, wings on the boots, and a brighter red.
    As much as I loved this, other than Laroque, not many artists got the costume right. Greg gave a texture to the suit (supposedly of a frictionless material), a darker tone, the hidden eyes, the slightly larger lightning symbol, the more stylized earpieces and the sleeker boots. Plus, the famous V belt. With time, and artists, the suit lost it's different texture (going as far as becoming made of the Spped Force), the darker tone, the larger chest symbol, the different boots and earpieces, and soon was distinguished from Barry's just by the hidden eyes and the V belt, and soon he was no longer hiding the eyes. Can you imagine anything different happening today with DC's much more lax editorial teams? That's why I think Wally needs his own, much more distinctivre from Barry's, Flash suit.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    As much as I loved this, other than Laroque, not many artists got the costume right. Greg gave a texture to the suit (supposedly of a frictionless material), a darker tone, the hidden eyes, the slightly larger lightning symbol, the more stylized earpieces and the sleeker boots. Plus, the famous V belt. With time, and artists, the suit lost it's different texture (going as far as becoming made of the Spped Force), the darker tone, the larger chest symbol, the different boots and earpieces, and soon was distinguished from Barry's just by the hidden eyes and the V belt, and soon he was no longer hiding the eyes. Can you imagine anything different happening today with DC's much more lax editorial teams? That's why I think Wally needs his own, much more distinctivre from Barry's, Flash suit.

Peace
    Part of me thinks that was intentional though. Over the years creators at DC wanted more of Barrys imagery crafted to Wally. Under Johns run the costume even went back to the costume ring.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Wally should have a distinctly different costume, but also a different codename. Never have been a fan of multiple superheroes with the same exact name.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I preferred the Rebirth outfit because I've always thought the Kid Flash costume was an even better design than the classic Flash suit.
    I agree. Kid Flash's look was the best. I don't really read Flash, so if Barry is not being Flash now, I'm okay wit Wally wearing the classic hood/cowl until Barry returns.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I personally like this one, it's similar enough but still has its uniqueness

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I wish there was a third option, I like it similar but with noticeable differences.

Glad I'm not the only one who actually enjoyed his Rebirth suit. Great homage to his KF days, combining it with the color of his Flash costume, and a distinctive lighting color to separate him and Barry. Same codename is fine, Wally has more than enough earned it I just don't want the two looking like carbon copies from a distance.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

If the New Fifty Two hadn't erased Wally West, I'd have kept him as the main Flash and have Barry adopt a new identity.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    If the New Fifty Two hadn't erased Wally West, I'd have kept him as the main Flash and have Barry adopt a new identity.
    That would have really changed a lot given how hard they pushed Barry...