Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Cinema:

Batman
    Aquaman
    Dr Strange
    Flash (just because there is Michael Keatons Batman in it)
    Black Panther
    Thor

Streaming

All the rest

Incredible Member

I don't think there has been any signs of fatigue as it relates to comic related media. Plus these movies target audiences that way go beyond the average comic book fan. I'm sure most will not know who Morbius is and will maybe bring in folks that are more into the vampire/horror genre than - haven't seen a lot of hyp for this movie though, so no surprise if it doesn't do well.

Black Adam may pull folks just because of the Rock being in it.

Other movies are catering more to teens and younger.

Black Panther is going to get a lot of support from "minorities".

Far as I'm concerned, the comic movies are the on;y movies with original ideas - everything else is a reboot or sequel. They are also the main movies folks seem willing to pay for and support right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I really like Batman but I won't go see it in the theater. Because it looks like every other Batman movie. Which I mean is ok. But I have seen this already. If thats what people like then Im all for it.

As far as box office. I think Doctor Strange, Thor, and Black Panther will do the best. With Batman as a wildcard that might beat them all I don't know.
    Well marvel is pretty much iron clad now in knowing how to maintain the box office hits, so i expect every marvel film on that list to make more than 250 million domestic and above 700m world wide.

The Batman and Spiderverse 2 are the two films with the highest artistic film potential, so they are the top two I would like to personally see on the list.

Black Panther I feel has the most chance to be weakest of the 11 as I think that the Movie really needs the Black Panther character to work exceptionally well. I wish marvel would have chosen to honour Chadwick Boseman by letting another actor play the role and embody what Chadwick had.

The second weakest maybe The Flash because for DC this movie may be their turning point to reset the DCEU and I am not sure if that is even a good idea. Also Ezra Miller is pretty much hit and miss in the role, however I won't underestimate DC films because you never know were the road will turn.

Aquaman was a VFX marvel and a good add-on to the DC movie mythos, I am curious to see how the director has said he is going to top that with Aquaman 2

Black Adam will have too much of the good will of Dwayne Johnson appeal and charisma. I think the movie will be a hit and fans and critics will praise Johnson for always been a good entertainer in any role, regardless of the overall quality of the film

I expect the other Marvel films on the list (Multiverse of Madness, Thor 4) to stick pretty much to formula.

Mobius is the complete wild card in the bunch, although from the little I have seen, the quality looks better than the Venom movies and the movie seems to be taken itself more seriously than Venom movies.

I have heard some people say Venom movies are like B movies. Well Mobius seems to be aiming to get back on the A list.

I wont dwell much on the animated movies.

Batgirl could be good, its on HBO MAX so less pressure. Also it is a female -lead movie, so I will want to see it first than giving any deeper thoughts here.

So there are my simple reason.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-26-2022 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Mobius is the complete wild card in the bunch, although from the little I have seen, the quality looks better than the Venom movies and the movie seems to be taken itself more seriously than Venom movies.

I have heard some people say Venom movies are like B movies. Well Mobius seems to be aiming to get back on the A list.
    Morbius looks pretty similar to Venom to me. Goofiness draped in a darker aesthetic.

Definitely reminds me of B horror movies that got the MST3K treatment

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Morbius looks pretty similar to Venom to me. Goofiness draped in a darker aesthetic.

Definitely reminds me of B horror movies that got the MST3K treatment
    I dont see that with Mobius at all. Mobius feels more like a dark fantasy film and the tone, less comical.

Incredible Member

Black Panther I feel has the most chance to be weakest of the 11 as I think that the Movie really needs the Black Panther character to work exceptionally well. I wish marvel would have chosen to honour Chadwick Boseman by letting another actor play the role and embody what Chadwick had.
    IMHO it is more an honor to not recast the role. Anyone that saw the first movie will most likely come out for this just to see how Marvel tells this story.

I actually expect for them to place some equally worthy as the Black Panther, he just will not be named or known as T’Challa.

I dont see that with Mobius at all. Mobius feels more like a dark fantasy film and the tone, less comical.
    B-movies aren't by their nature comical. The trailer focuses so much more on gross imagery like a B horror movie. Also that one very awkward joke plus a funny voice that they end the trailer on sure indicates to me that there will be more scenes like that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    IMHO it is more an honor to not recast the role. Anyone that saw the first movie will most likely come out for this just to see how Marvel tells this story.

I actually expect for them to place some equally worthy as the Black Panther, he just will not be named or known as T’Challa.

Well I can agree on last part. the aftermath of when people see the movie and how they react with no Tchalla in the movie. this movie may very well even make marvel recast him for a 3rd film.

I still think they should have recast for this (the 2nd film), but. ..you know...different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post

I can see both sides to the arguement but I really think they should recast. The character is more than Chadwick Boseman and it means more to audiences for T'Challa to survive.

Plus they could probably have survived it a lot better had Letitia Wright not gone anti-vax and perhaps lead to Shuri becoming a problem as well.

Oddly not too excited about many of these, for various reasons outside of the superhero world, actually. I think I'll have to wait to hear reviews, before I decide if I want to spend time watching any of them. The three I'd be most excited to see (Batman, Thor, Black Panther) all have very big concerns against them.
    • Thor: giving Natalie Portman a film when she did NOT try in the first two Thor films, is a bit of a slap in the face to every actress actually delivering good characterization in the MCU, who are not given a lead solo film.
    • Black Panther: I'll have to wait and hear how much Letitia gets a promotion in the new one, I can't get behind anti-vax actors, or support their success.
    • Batman: Robert Patterson. Nuff said. Though I do love Riddler and Penguin. So will have to wait for news on that front.

Doctor Strange and Spiderman, if I hear they're great, I'd watch. The others, we shall see. What the hell is Super Pets???
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 01-25-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    . What the hell is Super Pets???
    A CG movie of Krypto forming a a justice league made up of the pets of other heroes. Ace the bat hound is in it too.

"Who the hell are you, man?"
    "I. Am. Venom. [growl] I'm just kidding; it's Dr. Michael Morbius at your service."

So far, it's turning out exactly like Venom. Only question is if it'll be good shlock like Venom was, or bad shlock.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I would say after more thought Batman is the one I am really wanting. The Riddler is a great villain and when written right is a huge threat.

I am looking forward to what a screen version of a darker tone will be. since the only live action have been Adam West batman (Frank G nailed The Riddler, John Aston not at all) and of course the Jim Carey Riddler while fun and Campy is not at all how I picture The Riddler to be.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

"The Batman" — March 4

"DC League of Super-Pets" — May 20

"Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)" — October 7

"The Flash" — November 4

"Batgirl" — TBD on HBO Max
    Covers the only ones I'm interested in. And even Flash is just for Keaton.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    People been crying superhero fatigue for a decade now and the genre continues to grow and break records. Stop crying wolf until it actually happens please
    A decade? They've been crying about superhero fatigue since Affleck's DareDevil. I kid you not, it was in a newspaper back then.