Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default 11 Comic Book Movies Coming in 2022...WOW

What do you guys think? too much, too stuffy, oversaturation, burn out by the time the 4th-5th one is out? I had no idea we were getting 11 comic book/superhero films. 11 seems like way-way too much considering in 2017 we had like 6 and there were some saying comic book fatigue. five years later the numbers have doubled to almost 12

[url]https://www.yahoo.com/news/11-superhero-movies-coming-134549871
    There are 11 superhero movies coming out this year — here they all are

Here is the full calendar

"The Batman" — March 4

"Morbius" — April 4

"Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" — May 6

"DC League of Super-Pets" — May 20

"Thor: Love and Thunder" — July 8

"Black Adam" — July 29

"Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)" — October 7

"The Flash" — November 4

"Black Panther: Wakanda Forever": November 11

"Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom" — December 16

"Batgirl" — TBD on HBO Max

I feel Batman seem to be the lucky film here as it is coming out first, Set the hype, take all the cash you can, hopefully get great reviews in the lines of the Nolan films and just leave the party before the possible hang-over. if I was the director, I will be happy to have my comic film be the first one out. Not to much pressure or unfair possible backlash.

Its like football-soccer when a player take the first kick during a penalty shootout and with 11 comic films, it is surely going to be like a penalty shootout because there is a 50/50 chance of missed and scored.

I will be very surprised if anyone watched all 11. Any favourites or least favourite you are looking forward too?
    Last edited by Castle; 01-24-2022 at 03:05 PM.

If the films are good then people will see them and they'll do well. It has nothing to do with "too much." The general audience doesn't make decisions based on things like the number of superhero films coming out. They'll go see what interests them based on the trailers and word of mouth (as well as their budget.)

This is just another take on "superhero fatigue," which isn't a thing.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

People been crying superhero fatigue for a decade now and the genre continues to grow and break records. Stop crying wolf until it actually happens please

Niffleheim

It is so weird looking at this list and only having good feelings for Thor Love and Thunder because i had so much fun with Ragnarok and I HAVE to watch Multiverse of Madness simply because of it being an event MCU movie when I don't even like the titular and the supporting characters . While the rest are simmering between I'll watch them when I can to I'll never watch them.
    Last edited by Tofali; 01-24-2022 at 08:53 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

There are a couple I want to see. Morbius, Doctor Strange, and The batman and The Flash. No interest in Black Panther or Aquaman at all. The Super Pets I will check out when it hits dvd It does look pretty funny. The rest are very hit or miss dont care one way or the other.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

I really like Batman but I won't go see it in the theater. Because it looks like every other Batman movie. Which I mean is ok. But I have seen this already. If thats what people like then Im all for it.

As far as box office. I think Doctor Strange, Thor, and Black Panther will do the best. With Batman as a wildcard that might beat them all I don't know.

I may be suffering from a slight bit of anhedonia right now, but of this list the only ones I'm excited about are Doctor Strange, Spider-verse, and maybe Black Panther and Aquaman.

I'll probably see League of Superpets in theaters because it does look fun and I'll probably see the Morbius film in theaters solely to complete the Sony Movie Bonus (https://www.regmovies.com/static/en/...ny-movie-bonus)

I might wait for the HBO Max/Disney plus releases for Batman, which just does not look good to me and is too damn long, and Thor, on account of not liking Ragnarok.

I don't have the slightest idea how to feel about Black Adam or the Flash simply because they both sound like a whole lot of table-setting designed to simultaneously move on from Snyder's juvenile view of the DC Universe without actually doing it. Don't explain why you're moving on, just do it.

Nothing I've heard about Batgirl either increases or decreases my desire to watch the movie. They've got 11 months to hook me though so we'll have to see.

But superhero fatigue really, truly, is not real and never has had a sign of existing.

Just Batman, Morbius, Dr. Strange and Black Panther for me. The rest are going to have to get reviews of an extraordinarily highly superlative nature to roust me from my cave.

I never get fatigue with these movies because its very easy not to see them.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Unless some of them get pushed to 2023 because of COVID-19.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Unless some of them get pushed to 2023 because of COVID-19.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these got pushed back.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I really like Batman but I won't go see it in the theater. Because it looks like every other Batman movie. Which I mean is ok. But I have seen this already. If thats what people like then Im all for it.

As far as box office. I think Doctor Strange, Thor, and Black Panther will do the best. With Batman as a wildcard that might beat them all I don't know.
    I mean I guess it looks like the dark knight movies a little but I don't think it looks anything like any other batman movie.

Astonishing Member

I'm more hyped about the new Sonic than some of these.

I'll probably watch all the DCs in theaters from what I know of them, except the Pets toon and any Max exclusives.

Spider-Verse sequel is a huge yes.

I'm not a huge Thor fan as a rule but I'm almost wanting to see Love and Thunder just to see how people react to it.

Strange due to Raimi and thinking why not, after No Way Home.

Didn't watch the first Black Panther so I don't know why I'd start now.

I'm really not sure about Morbius and its horror teases, that's the one I'd really want to read reviews for first.

Fantastic Member

I'll go to the theater to see Doctor Strange, which I've been excited about since it was announced. Also will see Spidey, Thor and Black Panther. My son (he's 10) wants to see Batman and Flash, so we'll be there. The rest I will either catch on HBO/Disney or skip entirely unless they get awesome reviews.

Extraordinary Member

Theatrical
    Comic Book Movies Of 2017

1-Thor: Ragnarok
    2-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    3-Spider-Man: Homecoming
    4-Logan
    5-Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets
    6-Justice League
    7-Atomic Blonde
    8-The LEGO Batman Movie
    9-Wonder Woman

I’ll probably go watch all of these barring Morbius and Super Pets.

In this order of excitement for me:

1. Thor 4
    2. Dr Strange 2
    3. Batgirl
    4. Black Panther 2
    5. The Flash
    6. The Batman
    7. Spider-Verse 2
    8. Aquaman 2
    9. Black Adam

I don’t think it’ll be oversaturation (at least not yet) - most fans are casual and they enjoy the, generally, fun and lighter tone of Superhero movies. I think it’s a great form of cinematic escapism for a lot of people. If everything was as dark as The Batman looks, or Logan, or Joker, people would tire of them easier, as they’re more emotionallly draining and “depressing” for a lot of people.

I think these things thrive during the pandemic - last year probably had one of the best years for Matvel in terms of excitement and speculation with the Disney plus shows, Shang Chi, and No Way Home.

I doubt this year is where we see superhero movies stop making money