Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Covers the only ones I'm interested in. And even Flash is just for Keaton.
    Keaton coming back is a very very big deal, so a lot of people are going to be curious for that alone since Keaton's batman defined a geek generation in the late 80s and 90s. he could easily steal the spotlight from Ezra Miller.

Hey I just figured as I am posting this. we will have at least 2 Batmans back in a film (The Flash) and a brand new reboot Batman with Rob Pattinson, all in the same year and we know both films dont have much to do with the other.

Looking at that alone I will say Batman has become too much of a safety net for DC and WB. Poor Poor Superman.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-26-2022 at 07:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I would say after more thought Batman is the one I am really wanting. The Riddler is a great villain and when written right is a huge threat.

I am looking forward to what a screen version of a darker tone will be. since the only live action have been Adam West batman (Frank G nailed The Riddler, John Aston not at all) and of course the Jim Carey Riddler while fun and Campy is not at all how I picture The Riddler to be.
    it may be an unpopular opinion, I kind of liked Jim Carey's Ridler from Batman Forever, Very slap stick guilty pleasure 90s and very Jim Carey .

Obviously I know Colin Farwell Riddler will be nothing like that.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-26-2022 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    it may be an unpopular opinion, I kind of liked Jim Carey's Ridler from Batman Returns, Very slap stick guilty pleasure 90s and very Jim Carey .

Wait a minute...

What?

Penguin or The Riddler?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Oddly not too excited about many of these, for various reasons outside of the superhero world, actually. I think I'll have to wait to hear reviews, before I decide if I want to spend time watching any of them. The three I'd be most excited to see (Batman, Thor, Black Panther) all have very big concerns against them.
    • Thor: giving Natalie Portman a film when she did NOT try in the first two Thor films, is a bit of a slap in the face to every actress actually delivering good characterization in the MCU, who are not given a lead solo film.
    • Black Panther: I'll have to wait and hear how much Letitia gets a promotion in the new one, I can't get behind anti-vax actors, or support their success.
    • Batman: Robert Patterson. Nuff said. Though I do love Riddler and Penguin. So will have to wait for news on that front.

Doctor Strange and Spiderman, if I hear they're great, I'd watch. The others, we shall see. What the hell is Super Pets???
    Say what?

Pattinson?

BANNED

Oddly not too excited about many of these, for various reasons outside of the superhero world, actually. I think I'll have to wait to hear reviews, before I decide if I want to spend time watching any of them. The three I'd be most excited to see (Batman, Thor, Black Panther) all have very big concerns against them.
    • Thor: giving Natalie Portman a film when she did NOT try in the first two Thor films, is a bit of a slap in the face to every actress actually delivering good characterization in the MCU, who are not given a lead solo film.
    • Black Panther: I'll have to wait and hear how much Letitia gets a promotion in the new one, I can't get behind anti-vax actors, or support their success.
    • Batman: Robert Patterson. Nuff said. Though I do love Riddler and Penguin. So will have to wait for news on that front.

Doctor Strange and Spiderman, if I hear they're great, I'd watch. The others, we shall see. What the hell is Super Pets???
    Portman coming back feels like a strange move on the surface, I did not mind her personally, however she seems to be poorly received both by fans and critics alike, most saying she just phoned it in for the two first films.

However we are now at a time when the feminist movement in Hollywood is actually moving. more women in movies now can be leads and co-leads of the film, so perhaps this is why Portman is back. Marvel sold the feminist aspect of the movie to her.

That been said, I just dont have much interest in Thor 4. it is the least I will pick of bunch to see since I felt the series took the wrong path with Ragnarok and marvel seems fine with staying on that path, also the official promotional poster turned me off a whole lot. when I saw the poster, I was like....nah, this is just not firstly for my demo.

a5072adca8cfc5aeadd6805ad02.jpg

It is way too cartoonish and out of bounds with the colours for a live action movie (sigh..I truly hope Martin Scorsese, does come across the poster as he will claim... theme park movies again.)

I don't get it with the direction of Thor. Marvel already has franchise like GOTG and Antman that was already appealing to the most kid friendly and most comedic campy aspect of the MCU. I did not think they needed to forcefully add Thor to that category, considering the more harder and brasher Shakespeare tone they set in the first film.

Of the MCU films , this is how I will rank them by watch factor.

1. Dr Strange
    2. Black Panther
    3. Thor

I am still much likely to see through black panther 2 and deal with the absence of the character than more Ragnarok 2.0

Benedict Cumberbatch is always great to watch in anything. Also Sam Raimi is the supposed director for Dr Strange 2. So there is fair curiosity there.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-28-2022 at 09:21 AM.

it may be an unpopular opinion, I kind of liked Jim Carey's Ridler from Batman Forever, Very slap stick guilty pleasure 90s and very Jim Carey .

I enjoyed him in the role as well. Really one of the only roles I enjoyed him in. And Batman Forever is one of my favorite Batman Movies ever! But when I think of The Riddler I do not think of fun and campy. I think of this very smart dangerous man who is 100 percent smarter then everyone else but his own ego gets in the way. He is very under rated and by far could and should be written as one of the most dangerous of The Batman Rogues.

I am really looking forward to how he is done in a darker theme.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I'm sure I'll see most of them. I couldn't be less interest in Morbius, The Flash or Batgirl. Super-Pets is not made for me, so I don't really count it. I am not super excited for Black Panther 2 and I don't think I will be until we get a better idea of what they're doing. I'm sure I'll still see it. I didn't care for the first Dr. Strange, but I do like Sam Raimi and seeing Wanda again will be nice. I also didn't really care for the first Aquaman, but I'll go see another. It gave me enough to feel like it's worth my time to see the sequel.

The ones I'm most excited for are Thor 4, Spider-Verse 2, The Batman and Black Adam. I'm a hugh fan of Taika Waititi, Lord & Miller, and Matt Reeves, so their films are definitely at the top for me. I also was really fond of Shazam, so I'm interested in seeing that world continue to unfold.

Retired

Are there any non-super-hero derived from comic books movies?

What do you guys think?

[url]https://www.yahoo.com/news/11-superhero-movies-coming-134549871
    There are 11 superhero movies coming out this year — here they all are

Here is the full calendar
    "The Batman" — March 4

I expect a hilariously stunning & brave success & have absolutely no faith on this getting a sequel. One & done.

"Morbius" — April 4

I have hope for SONY doing the right thing & building towards a revamped Sinister Six VS Spiderman Endgame type of finish.

"Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" — May 6

Looks like it's gonna be a hoot with a metric ton of cameos & surprises. Very hopeful for this one.

"DC League of Super-Pets" — May 20

Sounds like it could be a cute IP if they play this as a comedy with a generous eye towards adults. Could be a surprise smashing hit with a sequel.

"Thor: Love and Thunder" — July 8

The WOKE is strong here. I won't mention Ghostbusters 2016.

"Black Adam" — July 29

Could be a smashing/surprising hit if they don't sugar-coat what he is & what he does. I really think that The Rock gets "IT". Looking forward here.

"Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)" — October 7

Unknown to me

"The Flash" — November 4

Hearing some bizarre things about the Flash but this is unknown to me. Feeling like a NOPE.

"Black Panther: Wakanda Forever": November 11

Lack of details are very suspicious. I'm hearing some strange things about things happening during filming. I got doubts here. Looking like a hard NOPE.

"Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom" — December 16

What a ****-show were have here. A movie that results in the divorce of its lead involving his female co-star? Hilarious. Best results is that there is a movie about the making of this movie. That I'd want to see!

"Batgirl" — TBD on HBO Max

The WOKE is Super-strong here. Looking forward to it being stunning & brave success.

The ones I'm interested in are Doctor Strange and Thor - mainly for Valkyrie.
    Batman - I think it will be well written from what I heard so far, but Robert Pattinson and the running time are discouraging me. Maybe in a few years when it's on TV.
    Black Panther - I'll wait for the trailer, since I am not sure at the moment what it will even be about.
    Batgirl - I will probably want to see it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up postponing it to next year. Didn't they just start shooting it?
    Last edited by Catlady in training; 01-28-2022 at 09:07 AM.

Portman isn't getting a solo film here. She's the co-star alongside Chris Hemsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post

"Thor: Love and Thunder" — July 8

The WOKE is strong here. I won't mention Ghostbusters 2016.
    What’s the connection apart from Chris Hemsworth being in both films?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Are there any non-super-hero derived from comic books movies?
    From the silence, I gather there ain't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    What’s the connection apart from Chris Hemsworth being in both films?
    Probably the usual "females replacing males, get woke/go broke" nonsense.

Anyway, for me:

Excited For
    -Doctor Strange: Liked the first one, but really hyped for the multiverse stuff.
    -Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse: Really enjoyed the first one
    -Black Adam: Mostly for the JSA stuff, though.

Will see in theaters but not "meh" about
    -The Batman
    -Thor: Love and Thunder
    -The Flash
    -Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
    -Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Will watch on streaming/Bluray
    -Batgirl
    -DC League of Super-Pets

Have zero interest in
    -Morbius
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Wot no American Splendor sequel?