Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    From the silence, I gather there ain't.
    I don’t think any movies but probably a few tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    "The Batman" — March 4

I expect a hilariously stunning & brave success & have absolutely no faith on this getting a sequel. One & done.
    The director is planning to make it a trilogy, freaking HBO Max has greenlit two streaming series based on it, WB wants a trilogy, and all signs show it is going to be a greater or lesser success, so I'm curious how you think it'll end up as just a one and done?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Black Panther - I'll wait for the trailer, since I am not sure at the moment what it will even be about.
    I thought the movie deals with the death of T'Challa and how everyone copes. Could be way off base.

Incredible Member

Covid is out of control in this state, our infection rate is through the roof. I'll wait to watch at home.

Those that I will be interested in viewing:

1. Black Adam
    2. Batman
    3. Thor

I'll probably also check out eventually Flash, Aquaman at some point. But my expectations for those two are pretty low.
    The others will be a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t think any movies but probably a few tv shows.
    Sandman. ...

Ive heard this a few time. In what way is the new Thor Movie Woke? Jane Foster becoming Thor? They did that years ago in the comics. I head some yelling about this on a news channel a bit ago. 2 of the 3 people who were yelling about a female Thor admitted they had never read a Thor comic. So a female is replacing a character they dont know, dont fallow and dont care about and people are going nuts! Just the dumbest shit. I read the jane Foster Thor comics. And her Valkyrie run. I had fun with them. i could care less if Jane takes over or not. if the movie is good I will see it.

And in Norse and Vikings women are pretty badass. At least in a lot of the stories and films I have seen. So why cant a woman be the most badass Norse warrior ever?

If people want to be pissed because they like the character of male Thor in the comics, or they are a fan of Chris H fine. If people are made because of the fact alone that it is a woman replacing Chris then that says more about them as a person then anything they can say.

Edit - Oh and having a Bisexual woman of color as the leader of Asgard. This movie is so woke my head is about to explode!!!!! it is the end of America as we know it!
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-28-2022 at 12:57 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ive heard this a few time. In what way is the new Thor Movie Woke? Jane Foster becoming Thor? They did that years ago in the comics. I head some yelling about this on a news channel a bit ago. 2 of the 3 people who were yelling about a female Thor admitted they had never read a Thor comic. So a female is replacing a character they dont know, dont fallow and dont care about and people are going nuts! Just the dumbest shit. I read the jane Foster Thor comics. And her Valkyrie run. I had fun with him. i could care less if Jane takes over or not. if the movie is good I will see it.
    You mean like those people that complained that Superman (Jon) is now bisexual, because "Superman loves Lois Lane?"

Ive heard this a few time. In what way is the new Thor Movie Woke? Jane Foster becoming Thor? They did that years ago in the comics. I head some yelling about this on a news channel a bit ago. 2 of the 3 people who were yelling about a female Thor admitted they had never read a Thor comic. So a female is replacing a character they dont know, dont fallow and dont care about and people are going nuts! Just the dumbest shit. I read the jane Foster Thor comics. And her Valkyrie run. I had fun with him. i could care less if Jane takes over or not. if the movie is good I will see it.

And in Norse and Vikings women are pretty badass. At least in a lot of the stories and films I have seen. So why cant a woman be the most badass Norse warrior ever?

If people want to be pissed because they like the character of male Thor in the comics, or they are a fan of Chris H fine. If people are made because of the fact alone that it is a woman replacing Chris then that says more about them as a person then anything they can say.

Edit - Oh and having a Bisexual woman of color as the leader of Asgard. This movie is so woke my head is about to explode!!!!! it is the end of America as we know it!
    The thing that makes it even dumber is that there's been no mention of her replacing Chris Hemsworth. People are getting worked up over nothing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    You mean like those people that complained that Superman (Jon) is now bisexual, because "Superman loves Lois Lane?"
    My Brother in law was one of those that yelled about this. Yelled about how Gay people ruined his childhood by making Superman gay. I said "Well its not your Superman it is Superman's Son." His reply.

"Superman has a son? When did that happen?"
    Last edited by babyblob; 01-28-2022 at 01:57 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    The thing that makes it even dumber is that there's been no mention of her replacing Chris Hemsworth. People are getting worked up over nothing lol
    For real. They just hear some clickbait and they go nuts. I hope she does replace him for a couple movies. I enjoyed the run in the comics that had her as Thor. or maybe have her as Thor in Love and Thunder and move to a Valkyrie type role for a Disney + show or something.

My Brother in law was one of those that yelled about this. Yelled about how Gay people ruled his childhood by making Superman gay. I said "Well its not your Superman it is Superman's Son." His reply.

"Superman has a son? When did that happen?"
    Even if it was the superman he grow up with who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Even if it was the superman he grow up with who cares?
    It wouldnt matter one bit. But he is one of those I hate woke culture and he is vert very homophobic. There were a lot of issues and still are between him and myself because I came out. He often refers to me as my dad's 4th daughter and tells his kids to call me Aunt Nick. They do not.

So he is one of those that even the hint of anything gay or lesbian is just the worst thing in the world and he will have no part of it.

The over all point of my post was more of a he is mad about a character he does not follow or know anything about. And that is how it is with most of the outrage. People have no clue about the character they are mad about.

If gay people had ruled my childhood, I wonder if they would have been benevolent rulers? Betcha I'd have eaten better food.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    If gay people had ruled my childhood, I wonder if they would have been benevolent rulers? Betcha I'd have eaten better food.
    People would most likely have dressed a lot better! We would be 30 years ahead in fashion tech by now I would think!

People would most likely have dressed a lot better! We would be 30 years ahead in fashion tech by now I would think!
    I grew up in the 80s and I'm pretty sure gay people did rule the fashion world at that point. We did NOT dress any better lol